Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61913 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2021, 10:37:18 AM »
I dont care how good he is, if we draft an off ball lb with our 1st pick I'm going to lose it.

Lloyd is a great pass rusher too
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2021, 11:08:54 AM »
I dont care how good he is, if we draft an off ball lb with our 1st pick I'm going to lose it.

Still suffering from PTSD with the Darron Lee pick?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2021, 11:30:05 AM »
Still suffering from PTSD with the Darron Lee pick?
Not even.  If we are picking top 5 with a chance to get a franchise edge rusher, we can't defer that opportunity to get more draft capital.  We haven't had one since John Abraham.  Don't overthink it, take Thibs or Hutch and keep it moving. 

As much as I hate taking a wide receiver top 10 I'd prefer that over an off the ball linebacker in this stage of our rebuild.  Zach Wilson (I actually typed Zach Darnold) can't fail.  We need to do everything in our ability to ensure that doesn't happen.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2021, 01:32:50 PM »
Not even.  If we are picking top 5 with a chance to get a franchise edge rusher, we can't defer that opportunity to get more draft capital.  We haven't had one since John Abraham.  Don't overthink it, take Thibs or Hutch and keep it moving. 

As much as I hate taking a wide receiver top 10 I'd prefer that over an off the ball linebacker in this stage of our rebuild.  Zach Wilson (I actually typed Zach Darnold) can't fail.  We need to do everything in our ability to ensure that doesn't happen.

Assume that Thibs and Hutch are gone. Nobody on this board would pass them if they are there. But at 4, odds are they are gone.

I get being positionally aware with high picks. Thats why I dont want Linderbaum in the top 10. But we have a QB (hopefully), we have Fant and Becton at OT, and the best edges might be gone.

An OT in the top 10 is fine given Mekhi's innjries, but we have 2 startable options already, both of whom can play left tackle.

After that, you can sell me on a lot of positions, starting with WR.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2021, 02:37:49 PM »

I'm drafting under the assumption both EDGE guys are gone.

If someone wants to move up to 4 to take Neal or whomever, I think walking away with a WR and a day one starting LB plus more draft capital is a great outcome.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »
I'm drafting under the assumption both EDGE guys are gone.

If someone wants to move up to 4 to take Neal or whomever, I think walking away with a WR and a day one starting LB plus more draft capital is a great outcome.

Absolutely. Getting our third and fourth choices in the first round this year in order to be able to draft more Perines, Clarks and Zunigas will be the making of the team.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2021, 03:07:25 PM »
Absolutely. Getting our third and fourth choices in the first round this year in order to be able to draft more Perines, Clarks and Zunigas will be the making of the team.

Or we can be adding the likes of Moore, Hall, and Carters

I get our drafts have been less than stellar in recent years...and this is a huge one for JD...but all I'm saying is if we don't love someone at 4 and we can slide back and still get our guy, I am in favor.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2021, 03:24:15 PM »

I get our drafts have been less than stellar in recent years...and this is a huge one for JD...but all I'm saying is if we don't love someone at 4 and we can slide back and still get our guy, I am in favor.

I am not. If we want to be picking later in the draft then we should win more games, when we suck we need to take advantage of the can't miss players at the top.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »
I am not. If we want to be picking later in the draft then we should win more games, when we suck we need to take advantage of the can't miss players at the top.
If the top 2 edges are gone, who is or isn't a can't-miss player becomes much more of a debate.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2021, 06:47:03 PM »

Problem is there isn’t always a can’t miss player left at the top, and if you can slide back you should. Or it could be that we already got one top guy as a pass rusher and the next guys are the tier 2 pass rushers that we no longer need and somebody else wants, so it makes sense to stockpile assets there.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2021, 11:37:30 PM »

This. I get thst we dont draft well typically, but we need to draft well to build a winner. 2021 is a great start if Wilson can be the answer but we need to build on that. That is how you build a core. There isn't really a workaround if we dont draft well. And if we have a great draft to go on top of 2021, all of a sudden we are building a good team.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2021, 09:08:53 AM »

I get that we don't draft well typically,

I'm responding to this sentiment more than I am to you specifically, but it's not really fair to say this when the current regime only has two drafts under their belt that are almost entirely TBD.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2021, 09:33:35 AM »

I'm responding to this sentiment more than I am to you specifically, but it's not really fair to say this when the current regime only has two drafts under their belt that are almost entirely TBD.

For the JD regime, this statement you made is true.

But for Jets fans, believing in the draft is key to actually being good. But it’s so freaking hard to believe we can do it, because outside of 00, 06 and 07 our drafts have been a disaster for over 20 years. That’s the piece Smalls is pointing out. People don’t believe trading down (or up) works because we can’t pick the right guys
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 09:35:19 AM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »
my christmas eve mock (no trades this time) on PFN

NYJ
Aidan Hutchinson
EDGE Michigan
NYJ

Garrett Wilson
WR Ohio State
NYJ

Zion Johnson
OG Boston College
NYJ

Brandon Smith
LB Penn State
NYJ

Trey McBride
TE Colorado State
NYJ

Tykee Smith
S Georgia
NYJ

Channing Tindall
LB Georgia
NYJ

Tyler Goodson
RB Iowa
NYJ

Zakoby McClain
LB Auburn
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2021, 04:18:55 PM »
Tindall is freaking awesome

Might be the fastest LB in the draft class
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: