Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2021 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 46273 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The OFFICIAL 2021 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #720 on: October 06, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
Full team

C: Gary - 1 year Arb
1B:
2B: Gleyber - 3 Years Arb
SS:
3B: Gio - 2 years Arb
LF: Gallo - 1 year Arb
CF:
RF: Judge
DH: Stanton

DJLM - 5 years

Bench
Voit - 3 years arb
Hicks - 4 years 40 Mill

In Order of likelihood they move on from to create a lineup shakeup (IMO)

1) Voit
2) Gary (catcher market looks bleak though)
3) Gio
4) Gallo (need to be replacing him with an upgrade, who is it?)
5) Gleyber (return on trade probably isnt worth the tradeoff of trying to salvage Gleyber, still just 24 and cost controlled)
6) Hicks - would be a salary dump, so just addition by subtraction

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #721 on: October 06, 2021, 01:32:16 PM »
Wonder how likely Rizzo is to return.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #722 on: October 06, 2021, 01:32:28 PM »
We need a SS, CF, and 1B out of Free Agency, unless there’s some radical roster moves

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #723 on: October 06, 2021, 01:39:44 PM »
We need a SS, CF, and 1B out of Free Agency, unless there’s some radical roster moves

Unfortunately, unless they really feel like breaking the bank (and I still think him leaving Atlanta is a long shot), it looks as though past Freddie Freeman, first base is incredibly thin.

Terrific analysis these last couple of posts though, not much in the way to disagree with.

I think THE question to ask re: SS is whether or not they feel as though Peraza or Volpe will be ready by 2023, or whether it;s worth the major investment to bring in a guy like Seager, Story, Correia, etc.

Andrelton Simmons could be had on a 1 yr deal if they feel as though they just want to have someone hold the fort.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:41:15 PM by mj2sexay »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #724 on: October 06, 2021, 02:12:23 PM »
Unfortunately, unless they really feel like breaking the bank (and I still think him leaving Atlanta is a long shot), it looks as though past Freddie Freeman, first base is incredibly thin.

Terrific analysis these last couple of posts though, not much in the way to disagree with.

I think THE question to ask re: SS is whether or not they feel as though Peraza or Volpe will be ready by 2023, or whether it;s worth the major investment to bring in a guy like Seager, Story, Correia, etc.

Andrelton Simmons could be had on a 1 yr deal if they feel as though they just want to have someone hold the fort.

Yeah I read a quote a few weeks ago there’s no chance Atlanta lets him leave which stinks because he’s a perfect fit.

I would take Rizzo back in a heartbeat and wouldn’t mind Schwarber either

Volpe still is a while away but it would be interesting to see if they don’t go all in on a SS because they think he’s ready sooner.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #725 on: October 06, 2021, 02:19:54 PM »
Yeah I read a quote a few weeks ago there’s no chance Atlanta lets him leave which stinks because he’s a perfect fit.

I would take Rizzo back in a heartbeat and wouldn’t mind Schwarber either

Volpe still is a while away but it would be interesting to see if they don’t go all in on a SS because they think he’s ready sooner.

I would LOVE to have Schwarber and think it's pretty demonstrative at this point that Cashman failing to acquire him either in FA or at the deadline was his biggest mistake this year. If he can play first, he's the natural signing.

I loved Rizzo's limited time here, love the guy as a gamer and someone who seems like an all around class act, but I'm very worried that he's at the beginning of a decline.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #726 on: October 06, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/cbssportsmlb/status/1445753980978548745?s=21

Axisa on point as always. The man you go to when you need a level headed, realistic Yankees take

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #727 on: October 06, 2021, 03:02:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/cbssportsmlb/status/1445753980978548745?s=21

Axisa on point as always. The man you go to when you need a level headed, realistic Yankees take
His Patreon content is quite good. Miss RAB so much.

Here was a snippet from his postgame writeup, where he also called hiring Boone Cashman's biggest mistake, which is a bold statement.

"The Yankees had a Ferrari in 2017 and they gave the keys to a 16-year-old who just got his learner’s permit because he sweet talked them during the interview, and now it’s banged up and we’re wondering whether it can be salvaged. The question is not should the Yankees fire Boone. Of course they should. The question is do any other teams even bother to interview him?"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #728 on: October 06, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »
His Patreon content is quite good. Miss RAB so much.

Here was a snippet from his postgame writeup, where he also called hiring Boone Cashman's biggest mistake, which is a bold statement.

"The Yankees had a Ferrari in 2017 and they gave the keys to a 16-year-old who just got his learner’s permit because he sweet talked them during the interview, and now it’s banged up and we’re wondering whether it can be salvaged. The question is not should the Yankees fire Boone. Of course they should. The question is do any other teams even bother to interview him?"

Yes, the Yankees are still reeling from letting.. *checks notes* … Hensley Meulens and Eric Wedge get away

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #729 on: October 06, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »
Yes, the Yankees are still reeling from letting.. *checks notes* … Hensley Meulens and Eric Wedge get away

LOL.

I must admit I'd have been content to just keep Girardi.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #730 on: October 06, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »
Look, I wanted to like Boone. I defended him for most of this year. But this can't continue. And at this point, I admit part of it is just wanting blood.

But Boone has been an average at best in-game manager (and I would argue below average). He was brought in because they didn't think Girardi could manage and develop the young players. Instead, our promising young players have mostly fallen by the wayside under Boone's watch.

I don't think it's all Boone's fault. I don't think firing Boone will end up fixing much. But the Yankees have been complacent, and it shows with the "the league has closed the gap on us." There was never a gap to begin with. And at this point, we're looking up at the Rays in the standings, the Red Sox just knocked us out (again), and the Blue Jays are on the come-up.

I know you're trying to play contrarian, but do you want Boone back?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #731 on: October 06, 2021, 03:47:01 PM »
Girardi is out as Yankee manager
This is an awful move by the Yankees. I knew it was bad news coming last night when I read that he left the Stadium in a clearly bad mood and refused to talk to reporters.

Who could Cashman possibly have in mind that will do a better job than Girardi did this year?
There is no one on the market better. Very dumb move, hope it doesn’t bite them in the derriere.

Good times. Alio complained about Girardi non-stop up until this moment.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #732 on: October 06, 2021, 03:52:17 PM »
Nice job digging for those.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #733 on: October 06, 2021, 03:57:32 PM »
Look, I wanted to like Boone. I defended him for most of this year. But this can't continue. And at this point, I admit part of it is just wanting blood.

But Boone has been an average at best in-game manager (and I would argue below average). He was brought in because they didn't think Girardi could manage and develop the young players. Instead, our promising young players have mostly fallen by the wayside under Boone's watch.

I don't think it's all Boone's fault. I don't think firing Boone will end up fixing much. But the Yankees have been complacent, and it shows with the "the league has closed the gap on us." There was never a gap to begin with. And at this point, we're looking up at the Rays in the standings, the Red Sox just knocked us out (again), and the Blue Jays are on the come-up.

I know you're trying to play contrarian, but do you want Boone back?

I’m worried they’ll fire Boone to appease the fans and run the same team back out there with new packaging.

I’d rather they acknowledge and attack the root causes of the issues with this team. Aaron Boone has been the 3rd, maybe 4th reason they haven’t been as successful as they could have during his time here. That’s just my opinion.

Could they upgrade at manager? Sure, maybe. I never wanted him hired and have no attachment to him. I don’t think he’s a good manager, but I think he isn’t nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be. The manager is just an easy guy to blame when the players fail. I’ve said on here that I’m of the belief that baseball managers don’t have as big of an effect on the game as people think. A bad one might cost you a few wins over the course of the season, max. Dave Roberts is a terrible manager and the Dodgers have finished in first place every year but this season.

The funniest part about this whole saga is that everyone that wants him fired has no idea who to replace him with other than the mythical idea of a Buck Showalter. Just like when Girardi was replaced, everyone was content with “anyone else”. Let me know who that is and then we can have a conversation about whether it’s a good idea or not.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #734 on: October 06, 2021, 04:02:19 PM »
My biggest problem with Boone right now is Phil Nevin and Marcus Thames

Nevin cannot continue to coach third and we need a new approach at the plate