Author Topic: Zach Wilson House of a Dozen Sister Wives  (Read 43222 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Zach Wilson House of a Dozen Sister Wives
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »
if by some miracle the Jets win a game or 2 (god help us), i wouldn't be angry if we ended up with Zach Wilson or Justin Fields.

Or...if we fall down a few spots, take Ja'marr Chase, and then use Seattle's pick on someone like Trask.  There's a good chance Seattle's pick ends up being around the top 20.

My hope still lies with the tank and we end up with Lawrence (provided he declares), but we're certainly not without contingency plans if it doesn't work out that way.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:05:52 AM »
Our next coaching hire will be the most important decision this franchise will have to make in the last 25 years.

Seeing Miami turn it around in a single season has raised my optimism considerably. 
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 09:29:18 AM »
Our next coaching hire will be the most important decision this franchise will have to make in the last 25 years.

This is the most important offseason is franchise history.  We have to hire the right coach.  Joe Douglas has to make the right moves in free agency and the draft to set this team up for the next few years.  It's important for him to remain patient.  He can't make the same desperation moves we've seen from Tannenbaum and Maccagnan. 

We have to start trending upward in 2021.  The team may not be great, but we need to take a pretty big leap (6-8 wins).  The Jets cannot let Miami and Buffalo get too far ahead. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:47:49 AM »

Seeing Miami turn it around in a single season has raised my optimism considerably. 

It was just 2 years ago where we said this same exact thing. New HC hire, a ton of cap space, #3 pick, and going into year 2 of Darnold.

Time is a fart circle.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 10:13:03 AM »
It was just 2 years ago where we said this same exact thing. New HC hire, a ton of cap space, #3 pick, and going into year 2 of Darnold.

Time is a fart circle.

No but everything's different this time because we really want it to be, and if we just wish hard enough it will become real.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 10:23:58 AM »

Time is a fart circle.
No but everything's different this time because we really want it to be, and if we just wish hard enough it will become real.

I have to believe they'll learn from past mistakes.  If not, what are we doing here? Might as well shutdown the board because the sky is consistently falling for you guys.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
I have to believe they'll learn from past mistakes.  If not, what are we doing here? Might as well shutdown the board because the sky is consistently falling for you guys.

Cheering for shitty failure sports teams makes us stronger people.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 10:31:01 AM »
Cheering for shitty failure sports teams makes us stronger people.

I've been miserable with this team for almost a decade.  I even wanted to support Gase (going against my spidey sense) because i'm tired of being negative.

I actually believe in Joe Douglas.  I think this is the offseason we can turn it around.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »
I have to believe they'll learn from past mistakes.  If not, what are we doing

here? Might as well shutdown the board because the sky is consistently falling for you guys.

Lets get this straight........ You believe the Johnson's will get this next coaching hire correct because they learned from past mistakes?

Which past mistake are they going to learn from? Was it Idzik? Was it Duff? Was it Bowles? Was it Rex? Was it Gase? Was it using Casserly which led to Duff and Bowles? Was it using an outside consulting firm which led to Idzik?

How many freaking mistakes do they have to make to learn from? Why would delude yourself into believing this one time they're going to learn from all of their past mistakes?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 11:19:01 AM »
Lets get this straight........ You believe the Johnson's will get this next coaching hire correct because they learned from past mistakes?

Which past mistake are they going to learn from? Was it Idzik? Was it Duff? Was it Bowles? Was it Rex? Was it Gase? Was it using Casserly which led to Duff and Bowles? Was it using an outside consulting firm which led to Idzik?

How many freaking mistakes do they have to make to learn from? Why would delude yourself into believing this one time they're going to learn from all of their past mistakes?

Then why bother with this franchise?  Not all of us have fishing boats to spend our free time on.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I hate the Johnsons like everyone else.  But at some point, they have to hit paydirt.  I think they did with Joe Douglas....

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 11:21:39 AM »
Then why bother with this franchise?  Not all of us have fishing boats to spend our free time on.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I hate the Johnsons like everyone else.  But at some point, they have to hit paydirt.  I think they did with Joe Douglas....

Is Joe Douglas hiring our next coach?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:23 AM »
Okay, but if the attitude is that the Jets are a hopeless organization with hopeless ownership, there's no point in even talking with you because you'll just assume the worst out of everything.

Why bother talking about the draft? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next coach? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next game? They'll screw it up.

If you don't think the Jets can ever win again under this ownership group, then why even bother posting here, or being a fan? You've already given up.

You talk about Rex as a mistake. Well, a team with a mistake head coach and a bad owner and terrible quarterback was very close to the Super Bowl in back-to-back years. That alone should tell you it's possible to win here.

Do the Bills, Buccaneers, Colts, Raiders, Cardinals and Saints have great ownership groups? Or did they hire the right coach, get the right quarterback, and find success with those guys?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:27 AM »
Is Joe Douglas hiring our next coach?

I'm sure he'll have a voice at the table. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »
Okay, but if the attitude is that the Jets are a hopeless organization with hopeless ownership, there's no point in even talking with you because you'll just assume the worst out of everything.

Why bother talking about the draft? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next coach? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next game? They'll screw it up.

If you don't think the Jets can ever win again under this ownership group, then why even bother posting here, or being a fan? You've already given up.

You talk about Rex as a mistake. Well, a team with a mistake head coach and a bad owner and terrible quarterback was very close to the Super Bowl in back-to-back years. That alone should tell you it's possible to win here.

Do the Bills, Buccaneers, Colts, Raiders, Cardinals and Saints have great ownership groups? Or did they hire the right coach, get the right quarterback, and find success with those guys?

This x1000

Tags: