Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76463 times)

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #705 on: December 21, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »
Marvin Lewis doesn't sound too bad right now

At first I was like GTFO, but the more I think about it, it makes sense. Lewis could serve as a 2-3 year stopgap, that would bring stability and help build culture here. Akin to how John Fox was in Denver. We/he'd just need to bring in an heir apparent as OC/DC/aHC to take over the reins.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #706 on: December 21, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »
Those 2 years of Rex are the pinnacle of your fandom eh...you must've slept thru the last 4 years (and the 2 in Buffalo).
Please please please don't start this up again

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #707 on: December 21, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »
Those 2 years of Rex are the pinnacle of your fandom eh...you must've slept thru the last 4 years (and the 2 in Buffalo).

Been a Jet fan 47 years, we've made back to back AFC Championship Games once. Won playoff games in back to back years once. The one Parcells year was good, so were a couple with Walt Michaels (Google him). So yeah, those two Rex years were about as good as it's been.

Keep clamoring for the next guy though, you're doing great.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Been a Jet fan 47 years, we've made back to back AFC Championship Games once. Won playoff games in back to back years once. The one Parcells year was good, so were a couple with Walt Michaels (Google him). So yeah, those two Rex years were about as good as it's been.

Regardless of our past decisions you have got to agree that Gase needs to GTFO. Most of us wanted him gone before he was hired, but he’s clearly proven that he isn’t getting it done under any metric other than most recent win in franchise history
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

Until we hired Gase, "the next guy" had typically been a good decision in the short term. Until Gase, every 1st-year Jets coach since Parcells had a winning record. They just couldn't sustain it for a variety of reasons.

I agree with you that people are quick to turn on our coaches. I didn't want Gase hired from the start, but once he was hired, I was willing to give him what I viewed as a fair chance. I didn't love year 1, but I didn't think it was enough to fire him. Others never wanted to give him any shot, and they proved out to be right. I was one of the first people off the Bowles bandwagon, even though I liked the hire, and I proved to be right there.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2020, 06:09:19 PM »
At first I was like GTFO, but the more I think about it, it makes sense. Lewis could serve as a 2-3 year stopgap, that would bring stability and help build culture here. Akin to how John Fox was in Denver. We/he'd just need to bring in an heir apparent as OC/DC/aHC to take over the reins.

Agree with this. Lewis would be a good choice if the Jets can't land someone like Matt Campbell

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #711 on: December 21, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »
Lewis might not be the answer but he would leave the team in better condition than he left it. He’s also the coach I would trust with a developmental QB so long as the Steelers didn’t destroy said QB in his sophomore season.

Kimo Von Oelhoffen is my third least favorite Jet.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #712 on: December 21, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #713 on: December 21, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »
I would so much rather go bold with a Joe Brady.

Look if its a disaster, how long until Arch turns pro? What's four more years of futility at this point.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #714 on: December 22, 2020, 07:25:44 AM »
Marvin Lewis?

We talking  Marvin Lewis?

*insert AI pic*

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #715 on: December 22, 2020, 07:28:06 AM »
I would so much rather go bold with a Joe Brady.

Look if its a disaster, how long until Arch turns pro? What's four more years of futility at this point.
It isn't easy to get the top pick. Look at us this year.

When you have a chance to get the top pick in a great QB draft, you have to take advantage. Sigh.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #716 on: December 22, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »
It isn't easy to get the top pick. Look at us this year.

When you have a chance to get the top pick in a great QB draft, you have to take advantage. Sigh.

It’s also quite possibly going to be the first year in NFL history with multiple 1-15 teams. So yeah that too

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #717 on: December 22, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »
Lmao can you believe the natives over in Pittsburgh are actually talking about firing Tomlin if they lose out?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #718 on: December 22, 2020, 03:48:49 PM »
Lmao can you believe the natives over in Pittsburgh are actually talking about firing Tomlin if they lose out?
Yes.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #719 on: December 22, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »

And if they do, I hope Joe Douglas is waiting at his car outside his office in Pittsburgh as he’s cleaning out his office

Tags: