Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76463 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #690 on: December 21, 2020, 02:05:01 PM »
Marvin Lewis fits the CEO mold and he's from the Ozzie Newsome School of Team Building.

Joe Douglas is using that blueprint. 
And Marvin Lewis has had success in an organization that is significantly worse than our organization.

I don't want Marvin Lewis. But there is a case to be made that he would bring us credibility.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #691 on: December 21, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
That wasn't really his fault. 

he had a voice at that table
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2020, 02:07:20 PM »
And Marvin Lewis has had success in an organization that is significantly worse than our organization.

I don't want Marvin Lewis. But there is a case to be made that he would bring us credibility.

With Lawrence kinda off the table, Lewis may not want us.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #693 on: December 21, 2020, 02:08:40 PM »
With Lawrence kinda off the table, Lewis may not want us.

Good.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #694 on: December 21, 2020, 02:10:09 PM »
Good.

Who's going to want to coach this team in your mind?  Serious question.

Keep in mind, we've treated a few players like excrement....our reporting structure is retarded....our reputation around the league is the worst it's ever been.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #695 on: December 21, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »
#RexRedux

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #696 on: December 21, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
Who's going to want to coach this team in your mind?  Serious question.

Keep in mind, we've treated a few players like excrement....our reporting structure is retarded....our reputation around the league is the worst it's ever been.

There's 32 of those jobs. Teams that have openings are very ever rarely a perfect fit, otherwise the job wouldn't be open.

The Jags have vaulted to becoming the most attractive position available (even with excrement ownership and existing in the cesspool of duval county florida).

But with the exception of the Texans solely because of DeShaun, whats the attractive job? Atlanta? Detroit?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #697 on: December 21, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »
There's 32 of those jobs. Teams that have openings are very ever rarely a perfect fit, otherwise the job wouldn't be open.

The Jags have vaulted to becoming the most attractive position available (even with excrement ownership and existing in the cesspool of duval county florida).

But with the exception of the Texans solely because of DeShaun, whats the attractive job? Atlanta? Detroit?

This. The Jets had been the most attractive job out there with Lawrence, our draft picks, and our cap space. Now that honor belongs to the Jaguars. Since we're in bigger QB no-man's land than Atlanta, Detroit and Houston, I can't say our job is clearly better than any of those jobs, but all of those jobs have other issues as well.

The crappy part is that if there is a coach that we want, we now have 2nd choice (at best), where we probably would have had 1st choice. But I agree with the general though that there are 32 of these jobs out there, and people will want them.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #698 on: December 21, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »

sure, that's a valid point.  But having said that, we've have a history of coaches telling us to freak off despite there being only 32 of these jobs (ie Bill Belichick, Bill Cowher, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell to name a few).

Trevor Lawrence made the Jets job extremely attractive.....attractive enough to overcome the stink of this franchise.  That's a big reason why the tank was important. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #699 on: December 21, 2020, 04:24:26 PM »
Jack Del Rio
Jeff Fisher
Jim Harbaugh (maybe)
Mike Tice
Bill OBrien
Rob Chudzinski
John Fox
Lovie Smith
Leslie Frazier
Raheem Morris
Dan Quinn
Jim Caldwell

Just trying to think of all the "retread slop" the Johnsons will pick from now that our golden ticket is toast.

added perennial powerhouse Jim Caldwell to the list

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #700 on: December 21, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »
But having said that, we've have a history of coaches telling us to freak off despite there being only 32 of these jobs (ie Bill Belichick, Bill Cowher, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell to name a few).

There is that segment of the fan base who loudly wants the coach fired within days of him being hired.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #701 on: December 21, 2020, 04:35:00 PM »
There is that segment of the fan base who loudly wants the coach fired within days of him being hired.

Stop hiring shitty coaches then.  See how it easy it is to solve that problem?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #702 on: December 21, 2020, 04:40:20 PM »
I have no idea who is best to hire.  Glad I could add that wisdom.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #703 on: December 21, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »
Stop hiring shitty coaches then.  See how it easy it is to solve that problem?

Hasn't looked easy. Since Rex we've gone down two steps at a time.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #704 on: December 21, 2020, 04:46:10 PM »
Hasn't looked easy. Since Rex we've gone down two steps at a time.

Those 2 years of Rex are the pinnacle of your fandom eh...you must've slept thru the last 4 years (and the 2 in Buffalo).

Tags: