Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76462 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #600 on: December 07, 2020, 09:59:25 PM »
If Cowher was able to bring in some young hotshot OC that will take care of the passing game then I'm cool with it.

But Boomer was saying literally a week ago how happy Cowher was with his cushy TV gig.

I think the Cowher thing is straight smoke

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #601 on: December 08, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #602 on: December 08, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #603 on: December 08, 2020, 01:34:32 PM »
The extension would offer Harbaugh a lower base salary than he currently has and a lower buyout figure, making it easier to fire him next year if needed

sounds like its just to lower the cost of dumping him, since everyone knows where this is going and the university is hemorrhaging money

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #604 on: December 08, 2020, 01:51:42 PM »
sounds like its just to lower the cost of dumping him, since everyone knows where this is going and the university is hemorrhaging money

If they're already fielding NFL enquiries then if all they wanted was to lose the cost then they'd let him talk to those teams. Sounds more like they want to give him one more chance and then get out for cheap if it doesn't work out.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #605 on: December 08, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Sounds more like they want to give him one more chance and then get out for cheap if it doesn't work out.

We can only hope
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #606 on: December 08, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
If they're already fielding NFL enquiries then if all they wanted was to lose the cost then they'd let him talk to those teams. Sounds more like they want to give him one more chance and then get out for cheap if it doesn't work out.
Yep. And I think Michigan would love Harbaugh to get an NFL job. They really don't want to fire him. He's a legend at Michigan, and firing him is very awkward. This helps him transition to the NFL if he wants it, I assume. Or it makes firing him easier if he can't get an NFL job.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #607 on: December 08, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »
It also has the added bonus of appearing to recruits who are about to enter the early signing period that he will be there so they will still sign on the dotted line.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #608 on: December 08, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
It also has the added bonus of appearing to recruits who are about to enter the early signing period that he will be there so they will still sign on the dotted line.

Not convinced that's a selling point right now unless you're a lineman, he's not done a great job of getting skill players drafted during his time there.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #609 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
Not convinced that's a selling point right now unless you're a lineman, he's not done a great job of getting skill players drafted during his time there.

As long as he has recruits committed, it's a selling point for the University even if both are planning to part ways in 60 days.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #610 on: December 08, 2020, 05:43:25 PM »
As long as he has recruits committed, it's a selling point for the University even if both are planning to part ways in 60 days.

I don't think you countered my point. Jim Harbaugh is not a selling point right now for skill players, because invariably skill players from Michigan are not getting drafted.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #611 on: December 08, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
I don't think you countered my point. Jim Harbaugh is not a selling point right now for skill players, because invariably skill players from Michigan are not getting drafted.
I still think Harbaugh can lean back on his NFL experience to show recruits he can get guys to the league, even if he hasn't actually done it at Michigan.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #612 on: December 08, 2020, 06:06:03 PM »
I still think Harbaugh can lean back on his NFL experience to show recruits he can get guys to the league, even if he hasn't actually done it at Michigan.

Michigan have sent a bunch of good defensive players to the league in the last few years (Bush, Winovich, Uche, Gary, Peppers, Charlton) and a handful of ok to good linemen (Ruiz, Cole, Glasgow), but the best skill players they've had drafted are DPJ and Jake Butt. Either the recruitment is derriere or the development is - either way good talent is going to think twice about going to that program right now.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #613 on: December 08, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
Michigan have sent a bunch of good defensive players to the league in the last few years (Bush, Winovich, Uche, Gary, Peppers, Charlton) and a handful of ok to good linemen (Ruiz, Cole, Glasgow), but the best skill players they've had drafted are DPJ and Jake Butt. Either the recruitment is derriere or the development is - either way good talent is going to think twice about going to that program right now.

According to one site: https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Their top commit is the #18 WR in the country, they also have the #12 RB and another 4 Star WR.

So regardless of the lack of development of these kids, there is still plenty of draw to Michigan. If Harbaugh leaves (or is perceived to be leaving) they could lose kids from this class that is overall the #14 class in the country by 247. Or at least have kids hold off on signing in December which means if Harbs does leave, they can go elsewhere.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #614 on: December 09, 2020, 12:39:54 PM »
NFL Update
@MySportsUpdate
·
2m
Reports: Former #Bengals HC Marvin Lewis is expected to get HC interviews, his name is being brought up 'over and over again'

*shudder*
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: