Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76470 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/11W/status/1232305301447151617

Ryan Day’s deal is the largest overall in the league, totaling $54,375,000 over nine years. Day also is eligible for annual bonuses up to $725,000.

LMAO please leave next season and get banned from the NCAA for the duration of this contract.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #391 on: November 06, 2020, 11:56:21 AM »
Does anyone know if the Johnsons have communicated what they're planning on doing in the event Trump loses? Is Woody going to be in charge for the hiring process again? Because for better or for worse, he has a better record in making head coaching decisions than Chris does so far.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »
Does anyone know if the Johnsons have communicated what they're planning on doing in the event Trump loses? Is Woody going to be in charge for the hiring process again? Because for better or for worse, he has a better record in making head coaching decisions than Chris does so far.

Pretty sure Woody will take back over in January 2021
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #393 on: November 06, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »
Pretty sure Woody will take back over in January 2021

Hopefully it's sooner (like December).  Need to start dat coaching search.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #394 on: November 06, 2020, 03:57:20 PM »

Supposedly Woody was 1 and done no matter the election results. It was presumed that he would take back over the reins, but never confirmed.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #395 on: November 06, 2020, 04:17:49 PM »
Sad state of affairs when we want Woody back.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #396 on: November 06, 2020, 07:35:16 PM »
Woody?   We don't.

Anything attached to the name Johnson?   Another family name to take over the Jets???? ...super bowl #3?......long enough?....I'm on board....

That includes  goof ball    45.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #397 on: November 06, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
Woody?   We don't.

Anything attached to the name Johnson?   Another family name to take over the Jets???? ...super bowl #3?......long enough?....I'm on board....

That includes  goof ball    45.

The team would fold in 5 days.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
No matter which idiot brother is in charge, how about we fire Gase and let Joe Douglas hand-pick his own head coach who then reports directly to him. You know, like normal organizations do? I mean, it's a crazy idea, but who knows, it just might work.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #399 on: November 07, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »
No matter which idiot brother is in charge, how about we fire Gase and let Joe Douglas hand-pick his own head coach who then reports directly to him. You know, like normal organizations do? I mean, it's a crazy idea, but who knows, it just might work.

we are the jets and we cannot/will not have this. the most you will get is the johnsons picking a guy and telling douglas they picked this guy before asking him what he thinks as he begrudgingly gives his own version of a 'yeah i guess that'll work' answer, and you will like it

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2020, 03:35:45 PM »
NFL Update
@MySportsUpdate
·
48m
NFL passed a resolution that would reward teams with two 3rd-round comp. picks if they develop a minority coach or executive who is hired as another team's HC or GM.

So, if KC OC Eric Bieniemy gets a HC job this offseason, the Chiefs would receive a 3rd-round pick in '21 & '22.

RIP Bieniemy

Nobody is gonna want to help out KC.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »

RIP Bieniemy

Nobody is gonna want to help out KC.

If he's the best coaching option no one's going to care about comp picks. I quite like this model, rewarding teams for hiring and developing minority coaches and then rewarding them for letting them go on to bigger things is a better model than forcing teams to interview candidates they have no interest in hiring. And I'm generally supportive of the Rooney Rule, I just think that reward-based models drive behaviours more effectively.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2020, 03:50:31 PM »
Is there anyone in 2020's NFL that is not going to hire who they think is the best coach because of their race?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »
If he's the best coaching option no one's going to care about comp picks. I quite like this model, rewarding teams for hiring and developing minority coaches and then rewarding them for letting them go on to bigger things is a better model than forcing teams to interview candidates they have no interest in hiring. And I'm generally supportive of the Rooney Rule, I just think that reward-based models drive behaviours more effectively.

eh...you shouldn't need a system like this. If you're the best candidate, you're the best candidate....regardless of skin color.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2020, 03:51:44 PM »
eh...you shouldn't need a system like this. If you're the best candidate, you're the best candidate....regardless of skin color.

This
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: