Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76463 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2020, 09:50:56 PM »
Health aside, Caldwell has the best track record.  He is a leader.

Do you want to take a homerun swing when we're getting a generational prospect or do something with a low floor. 
I'm not saying he's my top choice, but out of those candidates he definitely is.

Username checks out.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #316 on: October 26, 2020, 10:03:19 PM »
If I had to rank these guys plus Smith,

Yes please:
Smith
Bienemy

Interested:
Daboll
LaFleur

Meh:
Roman
Morris

freak you:
Caldwell

I’d submit Joe Brady to this list and place him somewhere above Lafleur on your list.

freak Morris and Caldwell. For Christ’s sake Caldwell has had 2 shots and the Lions (the freaking Lions) saw fit to fire him after the best 3 season stretch in like 30 years because he wasn’t good enough. Morris is and always was trash.

I get why Smith, Daboll and Bienemy are top candidates, he’ll I get Roman as well. But I think Brady is going to be that next McVay. He’s got as much, if not more, potential than anyone else and if he is the guy you accept that 2021 is about him learning how to be the head guy while watching his offense start to establish itself (hopefully with Lawrence and a new plethora of playmakers). 2022 is the year to compete for the postseason
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2020, 10:06:04 PM »

Do you want to take a homerun swing when we're getting a generational prospect or do something with a low floor. 

In this case low floor also = low ceiling.

And for me, yes I’m currently on the go for the Home Run Hire bandwagon. I don’t just want to make the playoffs once every five years, I want to try and win a freaking super bowl. Jim Caldwell will not do that for us.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2020, 10:13:10 PM »
The head coach robot was fired from two teams despite a winning record at each. We're already complaining about Gase not connecting with the locker room and we're floating around an HC candidate who is notorious for not connecting with his teams. I don't see Jim Caldwell being able to turn the locker room around here and he has no record for developing younger prospects. Pass.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2020, 10:14:44 PM »
The head coach robot was fired from two teams despite a winning record at each. We're already complaining about Gase not connecting with the locker room and we're floating around an HC candidate who is notorious for not connecting with his teams. I don't see Jim Caldwell being able to turn the locker room around here and he has no record for developing younger prospects. Pass.
Is that why he got fired? Felt like both places thought they had Super Bowl aspirations, and Caldwell was only bringing them to the playoffs. He probably got unfairly stereotyped a bit. Detroit fell off a cliff after firing him.

That said, I don't really want him and I'd rather get a Matt Campbell.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2020, 05:25:38 AM »
In this case low floor also = low ceiling.

And for me, yes I’m currently on the go for the Home Run Hire bandwagon. I don’t just want to make the playoffs once every five years, I want to try and win a freaking super bowl. Jim Caldwell will not do that for us.
You know he's the only prospect with a sb ring as a headcoach.  He's got two with two teams

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2020, 05:41:49 AM »
freak all of them.

No Coach 2021

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2020, 07:14:15 AM »
lol Jim Caldwell
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2020, 07:43:08 AM »
freak all of them.

No Coach 2021

Install dirt at MetLife, draw the plays up in the dirt. On the road just wing it. Get in the huddle and tell everyone "just get open."
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2020, 07:46:09 AM »
Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, or Ryan Day
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »
Health aside, Caldwell has the best track record.  He is a leader.

I'm not saying he's my top choice, but out of those candidates he definitely is.

Why not hire a generational offensive coach like Joe Brady? 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »

We're gonna get stuck with another shitty retread....like Jim Schwartz.  #PrepareYourBums
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2020, 07:49:47 AM »
"Generational" is the new "elite."
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #328 on: October 27, 2020, 07:51:13 AM »
We're gonna get stuck with another shitty retread....like Jim Schwartz.  #PrepareYourBums

Schwartz trying to fight Harbaugh for patting him on the back is still one of the funniest things I've seen in an NFL game

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2020, 09:00:03 AM »

This is where I am and i'm only going to get more excited about it all season and then it won't happen and I'll be annoyed by whoever we hire on day 1 and on day 2 I'll be convinced it was actually the better candidate and we are going to win 5 rings by 2030.

Tags: