Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76468 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
Who is Arthur Smith bringing?

Arthur Smith have full control over his offense.  He isn't just a coffee fetcher for Andy Reid. 

For all the excrement you guys give Adam Gase about Ryan Tannehill, he certainly looks good with Smith calling the plays. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:48 PM »
Who is Arthur Smith bringing?
Ryan Tannehill isn't Patrick Mahomes gtfo

I'll go Lincoln Riley, but a lot of these coaches are intriguing. Including Bienemy.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2020, 12:09:45 PM »
Joe Brady is the one that I want.  I wouldn't be excited about Matt Campbell. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2020, 12:18:56 PM »
Ryan Tannehill isn't Patrick Mahomes gtfo

I don’t know why you think this answers my question.

If Sunshine happens to be the next coming of freaking football Jesus wouldn’t the CS makeup be just as negligible as it would be for the Chiefs?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
Lincoln Riley has the advantage of a track record of developing young quarterbacks, but no NFL experience.

Arthur Smith looks to be a good playcaller at this level, but hasn't ever been a head coach at any level or developed a young QB.

Eric Bieniemy has worked with a young QB and for an offensive genius, but we don't know how much is him and how much is Andy Reid.

Joe Brady doesn't tick any of those boxes yet.

Please, for the love of all that's freaking holy and right, can we get someone who has actually demonstrated an ability to do what we need them to do at the level we need them to do it?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »
Bill O'Brien coaching this team and yalls know it

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »
You guys can forget about Lincoln Riley, he's not leaving Oklahoma.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »
Lincoln Riley has taken transfer QBs (Murray, Mayfield, and Hurts), placed them into his system, and done well.  He does not "develop" quarterbacks.

Spencer Rattler was Lincoln Riley's handpicked recruit and he has not been great (yet). 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:39:21 PM by Heismanberg »

cautious pessimism

• Vernon Gholston
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »
I want Arthur Smith if we keep Darnold. Maybe he can "un-gase" him. 

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2020, 01:03:48 PM »
newer/youngish offensive minds have been the flavor of the month with regards to HC hires during recent times, and that's all well and good but i'd like us to seriously consider the candidate's leadership abilities as well. on top of everything else, he's got to be able to connect with the players and lead a locker room of men

like JE said, in this regard it would be nice to be able to bring somebody in that has actually shown success as a HC at the NFL level. the problem is it might be very hard to convince somebody like that to come to this team/franchise as currently constituted in terms of roster and reporting structure.

i like harbaugh, brady, smith (due in large part to his success in de-gase'ing tannehill, although this is just an n of 1) but can totally see the johnsons giving a shot to somebody like bieniemy. i wouldn't want us to be the franchise to take that sort of leap of faith but can see it happening

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2020, 01:18:57 PM »
newer/youngish offensive minds have been the flavor of the month with regards to HC hires during recent times, and that's all well and good but i'd like us to seriously consider the candidate's leadership abilities as well. on top of everything else, he's got to be able to connect with the players and lead a locker room of men

Crucially, given the way we're going we're going to be recruiting an entire new roster in the spring and so the new head coach has to be strong enough to impose a culture on it, to understand and be connected with every part of the locker room, and to be able to recruit free agents who he knows are going to reinforce his culture. I don't care if we draft the bastard offspring of Joe Montana and Peyton Manning to play QB next year, they aren't going to make a difference if the locker room isn't very quickly bought into the team direction and all pulling that way.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:02 PM »
Joe Brady's the one you're looking for if you want to build a culture and attract players.  Not Jim Harbaugh. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »
Crucially, given the way we're going we're going to be recruiting an entire new roster in the spring and so the new head coach has to be strong enough to impose a culture on it, to understand and be connected with every part of the locker room, and to be able to recruit free agents who he knows are going to reinforce his culture. I don't care if we draft the bastard offspring of Joe Montana and Peyton Manning to play QB next year, they aren't going to make a difference if the locker room isn't very quickly bought into the team direction and all pulling that way.

sounds like Matt Rhule
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
sounds like Matt Rhule

Settle down on Matt Rhule

He could be an excellent hire, but we don't know that yet. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »
Settle down on Matt Rhule

He could be an excellent hire, but we don't know that yet. 

Apparently he relates to his players really well.  Basically the opposite of Gase.

we should've hired him.  I even like when he told Duff to freak off when they tried to push Todd Monkey on him.

Tags: