Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 48384 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
#DakPrescottSZN

If Dallas lets him walk, they are idiots.

Hopefully they do, but man there will be a ton of suitors for Dak, and we would need a LOT of money sent directly into his accounts.

Makes the need to trade out of #2 a really big deal to get more cheap talent in house to surround him with.
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 06:17:51 PM »
I think we should just set the team up for whatever QB we are taking near the top in 2022.

I'm OK with this.  We missed out on the once-in-a-lifetime QB, now it's time to rebuild properly.  Provided we supply the offensive line with serious resources, I'm even OK with trading down and spending our first pick on defense.

I'm not optimistic about Sam Darnold's future here but rebuilding around him is prebuilding around The Guy v.2022.  We can't keep throwing young quarterbacks to the wolves. 

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2020, 06:19:13 PM »
But for the record, Sewell at 2 HYPE.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 07:26:17 PM »
#DakPrescottSZN
I'm fine with this as well. I was fine with it for Kirk Cousins a few years ago, and he isn't good. Dak is legitimately good.

Dak still has more touchdown passes than Sam Darnold this season.

Dak is also a path that allows us to compete next season, and it allows us to use our draft capital to build up the rest of the roster.

Then we could get Sewell at 2, maybe get an edge and a CB in the next 2 rounds, and we can hopefully get another WR in free agency. Or some combination of that.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
2. Zach Wilson QB, BYU
27. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern
34. Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State
66. Rondale Moore WR, Purdue
90. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
103.Kenneth Gainwell RB, Memphis
142.Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
148.Jake Ferguson TE, Wisconsin
193.Quentin Lake S, UCLA

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 07:55:45 PM »
I'm fine with this as well. I was fine with it for Kirk Cousins a few years ago, and he isn't good. Dak is legitimately good.

Dak still has more touchdown passes than Sam Darnold this season.

Dak is also a path that allows us to compete next season, and it allows us to use our draft capital to build up the rest of the roster.

Then we could get Sewell at 2, maybe get an edge and a CB in the next 2 rounds, and we can hopefully get another WR in free agency. Or some combination of that.
If we got Dak I'd be 100% on board with trading down to load up on picks.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 08:15:29 PM »
If we pass on a superior QB prospect, I do not want to draft a quarterback at all. 

Drafting an inferior prospect later in the draft doesn't fix the problem.
This. Load up on talent in the draft and sign a vet to compete with darnold.  In this scenario we would have 3 first round picks next year to get any qb we want.  There is no reason to spend a draft pick on someone in the second. 

The idea of Lance taking cams role is scary

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 08:22:31 PM »
2. Zach Wilson QB, BYU
27. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern
34. Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State
66. Rondale Moore WR, Purdue
90. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
103.Kenneth Gainwell RB, Memphis
142.Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
148.Jake Ferguson TE, Wisconsin
193.Quentin Lake S, UCLA

I don’t get what people see in Shaun Wade as an outside CB prospect. I don’t think he has played well at all this year. Overall it’s a strong draft, supplement it with a strong WR signing in FA and hopefully a starting OG and perhaps a pass rusher and that’s a pretty good starting rebuild

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 08:49:01 PM »
I don’t get what people see in Shaun Wade as an outside CB prospect. I don’t think he has played well at all this year. Overall it’s a strong draft, supplement it with a strong WR signing in FA and hopefully a starting OG and perhaps a pass rusher and that’s a pretty good starting rebuild
To be fair I'm mostly drafting positional need combined with talent that I know of. I just drafted the top CB on their board.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 08:50:53 PM »
This. Load up on talent in the draft and sign a vet to compete with darnold.  In this scenario we would have 3 first round picks next year to get any qb we want.  There is no reason to spend a draft pick on someone in the second. 

The idea of Lance taking cams role is scary
How can you want to pass up Lance in a trade-down scenario in one paragraph and then say you're scared of Lance in New England in the next paragraph?

If you think Lance is good, take him with one of the trade-down picks. If you don't think he is good, you can't be scared of him in New England.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »
How can you want to pass up Lance in a trade-down scenario in one paragraph and then say you're scared of Lance in New England in the next paragraph?

If you think Lance is good, take him with one of the trade-down picks. If you don't think he is good, you can't be scared of him in New England.
Because coaching and personnel matter.  Also I'm less worried about him becoming a hall of famer and more worried about having to deal with it twice a year

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2020, 09:26:47 PM »
This mock also got me thinking about Sams draft value.

Unless the jets are 100% sold on wilson i like the idea of us holding on to Sam until draft day.  Trading him early plays our hand while holding onto him gives us leverage.

With his value being pretty low right now as qbs come off the bored his value will start to increase
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 09:28:21 PM by insanity »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2020, 01:04:07 AM »
This mock also got me thinking about Sams draft value.

Unless the jets are 100% sold on wilson i like the idea of us holding on to Sam until draft day.  Trading him early plays our hand while holding onto him gives us leverage.

With his value being pretty low right now as qbs come off the bored his value will start to increase

this only matters in a few scenarios

1. the Jets aren't decided on a QB and really want a trade down from 2 more than anything
2. No one is offering requisite 'value' for Sam.

If the Jets are sold on Wilson/Lance/Fields/Trask/Jones then trading Sam early probably procures the best value. Also if the Jets are indifferent on Sam vs. a rookie vs. another vet, then if we get a good offer for Sam (a second or better) then we probably take that while it's on the table. Someone MIGHT trade for Sam to be their starter/compete for the gig early in the offseason, but no one is going to wait until draft day to make that choice, they will move on to other options by that point in time.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2020, 08:19:53 PM »
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-justin-fields-atlanta-falcons-jaylen-waddle-philadelphia-eagles-first-round-wr-green-bay-packers

2: Wilson
27: Nick Bolton LB Mizzou

If the board fell like this I'd rather see a gord at 27. WRs Waddle and Smith both go top 10 and then there's a mid-round run on OTs.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
Cranked out a Fanspeak mock

2: R1 P2 QB Zach Wilson - BYU

27: R1 P27 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida

34: R2 P2 G Wyatt Davis - Ohio State

66: R3 P2 WR Chris Olave - Ohio State

90: R3 P26 G Trey Smith - Tennessee