Author Topic: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 48379 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Assorted 2021 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2020, 03:59:24 PM »
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-crabbs-4.0

Look at #2. Look at it.

I defy someone to tell me they wouldn't do that deal.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2020, 04:02:28 PM »

Look at #2. Look at it.

It doesn't solve our QB problem.

it's an excellent piece of business if Darnold wasn't rekt.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:04:37 PM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »
I like Wilson a lot, and Fields is growing on me a lot, too, but I would make this trade.

But if we make this trade, I think you have to draft Trey Lance at 14, assuming we have a good, creative offensive coaching staff in place. Or we would need to make Trask or one of the other Day 2 QB prospects one of our 2nd-round picks.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »
I like Wilson a lot, and Fields is growing on me a lot, too, but I would make this trade.

But if we make this trade, I think you have to draft Trey Lance at 14, assuming we have a good, creative offensive coaching staff in place. Or we would need to make Trask or one of the other Day 2 QB prospects one of our 2nd-round picks.

We'd have to draft someone like Desmond Ridder in the third round and I would commit suicide. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »
We'd have to draft someone like Desmond Ridder in the third round and I would commit suicide. 
Are you down on Ridder? Haven't watched him much this season, though he's always one of the first guys mentioned in that group, along with Mac Jones and Jamie Newman and a couple others.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2020, 04:12:42 PM »
Are you down on Ridder? Haven't watched him much this season, though he's always one of the first guys mentioned in that group, along with Mac Jones and Jamie Newman and a couple others.

He's alright.  I'd just hate to see this team go the Kellen Clemens/Geno Smith/Christian Hackenberg route again.

If we are going to pass on a quarterback in the first round, I'd rather just wait until the fourth round and take an upside sleeper like Feleipe Franks.

I'm cool with taking a toolsy prospect after the third round.  I don't want Justin Fields or Trey Lance in the first round because there's too much risk with them mentally.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
He's alright.  I'd just hate to see this team go the Kellen Clemens/Geno Smith/Christian Hackenberg route again.

If we are going to pass on a quarterback in the first round, I'd rather just wait until the fourth round and take an upside sleeper like Feleipe Franks.

I'm cool with taking a toolsy prospect after the third round.  I don't want Justin Fields or Trey Lance in the first round because there's too much risk with them mentally.

I will have a much more refined opinion on Fields and Lance once I know who we hire as our head coach.

If we have someone like Ryan Day running the show, swing for the fences.

I thought you liked Trask enough to go in the 2nd round.

Also, we don't HAVE to take a QB in this trade down scenario, but Darnold cannot be the only option at quarterback. And maybe we get lucky and find our Ryan Tannehill in free agency when he was brought in to push Mariota. And I think Lance has enough upside where he's worth the 15th pick, unless we hire some rigid head coach who wants to make him a pocket passer.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »
I thought you liked Trask enough to go in the 2nd round.

I really like Trask but if we pass on Zach Wilson at 2, I think we should just set the team up for whatever QB we are taking near the top in 2022.

We are going to STINK in 2021. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2020, 05:02:44 PM »

In that scenario Jones and Trask are still available at 34.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »

Look at #2. Look at it.

Yeah, I'd do that and ride with Darnold one more year.  I guess you could bail on Darnold and sign an Andy Dalton type for a few bucks more. Someone a little more stable that would be more likely to help you win than make you lose, but probably do neither.

I'd stick with Darnold another year.  More likely to improve or worsen significantly than make the decision to move on any tougher in 2022.  He'll prove us wrong or right.  He has another cheap year left and we aren't getting much in trade for him.  If I'm wrong and someone offers a 2nd or so  then trade him.

I can't stand the idea of drafting a QB after the first round.  excrement or get off the pot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:09:22 PM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2020, 05:07:11 PM »
In that scenario Jones and Trask are still available at 34.

If we pass on a superior QB prospect, I do not want to draft a quarterback at all. 

Drafting an inferior prospect later in the draft doesn't fix the problem. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »
If we pass on a superior QB prospect, I do not want to draft a quarterback at all. 

Drafting an inferior prospect later in the draft doesn't fix the problem. 

#DakPrescottSZN

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
Here's another problem with Darnold:  he can't throw the ball deep or outside the numbers.  This is severely limiting Denzel Mims and whoever the hell else we have outside in 2021. 

Lets stick with him and hope he gets better is not a sound strategy.  It's impacting other position groups. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2020, 05:09:00 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »

Look at #2. Look at it.

There is only one person that needs to not be interested in doing that deal, and that man's name is John Lynch GM of the SF 49ers.

If that offer were on the table, for anyone other than Lawrence, we would HAVE to take it. It would be building the best foundation absolutely possible by stacking us to the brim with talent (potentially). The key of course is we still need to get the QB eventually. Given many people stating the 2022 class just isn't that good, and with meh QB play a team with as much talent as we SHOULD have on the 2021 team, we are probably set to be drafting late in the top 10, probably somewhere between 7-12 with a 6-10 type season on the horizon. So are we really going to wait until 2023 to go after a QB? The positive being that our 2022 and 2023 SF picks would probably be middle of the pack as with no way to influx talent to their roster, they won't be getting over the top.

I still hope that this offer were to be given to Douglas though. It would make losing Lawrence a little bit better.
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: