Author Topic: Conference Championships 2013  (Read 57156 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Conference Championships 2013
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:11:09 AM by Badger »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Conference Championships
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:14:35 AM »
I like restrictive ticketing policies like that, although I do think that they should also sell to customers outside of the region who have previously purchased tickets. It's absolutely sound policy otherwise, though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »
I think they should allow Pats fans to buy tickets but they give out free Bronco's knuckle dusters to all Bronco's fans to their immediate right and left.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
Please let me wake up to a celebrating Peyton Manning.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
Go Broncos and Niners
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
Go Broncos and Niners

Not really a huge preference either way on the NFC team. Don't like Carroll, Wilson, and Sherman though.

But it's worth discussing, which team is better equipped to beat NE? or is it a toss-up?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
Not really a huge preference either way on the NFC team. Don't like Carroll, Wilson, and Sherman though.

But it's worth discussing, which team is better equipped to beat NE? or is it a toss-up?

The 'Niners linebackers might be better equipped to get amongst Brady's short passing game and put him off his rhythm. I don't see Blount being able to run on either of them.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:29 PM »
The 'Niners linebackers might be better equipped to get amongst Brady's short passing game and put him off his rhythm. I don't see Blount being able to run on either of them.

The Seahawks secondary would matchup almost perfectly with Denver or New England. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »

I have to believe that the Pats will not be able to run on either Seattle or San Fran the way they did on Indy. I think San Fran is more stout at the point of attack but they both have aggressive in your face, smash mouth defenses, the exact kind the Pats have trouble with.  I honestly believe it's possible to intimidate the Pats, it's happened in the past with Detroit and by the Jets to some extent.

The Pats aren't going to see that against Denver, that game will probably be more of a shootout. Man I hope the Bronco's win so we don't even have to think about this.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »
One of Denver's best defensive players (Chris Harris) tore his ACL yesterday.  Huge loss for them and a big break for New England. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
The Seahawks secondary would matchup almost perfectly with Denver or New England. 

Sure, but I don't think of the Seahawks' front seven as being quite as versatile or as aggressive as SF's, which is probably doing a big disservice to Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons. I agree with Puck, I think both defenses will give Brady fits.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
Sure, but I don't think of the Seahawks' front seven as being quite as versatile or as aggressive as SF's, which is probably doing a big disservice to Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons. I agree with Puck, I think both defenses will give Brady fits.

Bobby Wagner is very good too.  Doesn't have the name recognition of Patrick Willis or NaVorro Bowman...yet.

Seattle has a ton of athletes on that defense.  Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, and Bobby Wagner fly around.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »
Bobby Wagner is very good too.  Doesn't have the name recognition of Patrick Willis or NaVorro Bowman...yet.

Seattle has a ton of athletes on that defense.  Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, and Bobby Wagner fly around.

Bobby Wagner is very very good.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 03:21:51 PM »
My biggest fear is a Pats/Niners SB.  If the weather sucks that's a 4th ring for Brady.

The early game will greatly influence my rooting in the late game.  Pats win I'll be rooting for the Hawks, Broncos win I'll be rooting for the Niners.

Of the 4 teams remaining I'd like to see Manning get another ring.

EDIT:  And the Chili Peppers dying of hypothermia on stage wouldn't suck either.  I was actually looking forward to Bruno, just because my wife likes him (I do too to some extent I guess).  Now there is going to be filth in the water.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:25:24 PM by Fenwyr »