Author Topic: Houston Astros*  (Read 37411 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Houston Astros*
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »
Cintron should be fired, so obviously inb4 he gets a 2 game suspension for instigating a fight and then being a gigantic flappy hoo-ha.

Manfred will extend Joe Kelly’s suspension as punishment for Cintron.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »
Manfred will extend Joe Kelly’s suspension as punishment for Cintron.

Kelly is now on the IL for 10 days but they're not dropping the appeal, I'm guessing on principle.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2020, 09:42:17 PM »
20 for cintron
6 for leareanauonon i cant spell his name

also, sorry the giants are so freaking terrible

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »
also, sorry the giants are so freaking terrible

That stinks but probably expected

1) What’s your opinion on the status of their rebuild long term?

2) On this year:

a) Is Yastrzemski for real?

b) Donovan Solano/Austin Slater - possible keepers?

c) Lastly: at least MadBum is looking horrible
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:56:45 PM by SixFeetDeep »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
That stinks but probably expected

What’s your opinion on the status of their rebuild?

i dunno about kapler, i feel like he's either a filler before we get the right guy, but he also has some potential to be that guy. he's certainly saying the right things so far

the pro team right now is just terrible, but at least theres a few bright spots.

• yaz has it, im really excited about him. its encouraging hes allowed the success of the end last season carry over into this one
  • dubon has some potential, but where does he play if he cant hit consistently?
  • solano is 32 and on a one year deal, but i'd love to see him hit .400 this year and get a nice like 3 year deal and cash in after bouncing around
  • slater has been really surprising this season, hes actually hitting against righties and that was his biggest weakness outside of consistentcy. its really weird having a steals leader in sf
  • marco luciano is a great prospect, but hes a ways away.
  • joey bart is ready to be in the pros now, i have no idea why hes not because hes already passed the time needed to get a full service year.
  • heliot ramos is another big bat i look forward to in a few years.
  • hunter bishop has a chance, but i dunno, i feel like hes gonna washout.
  • patrick bailey was drafted with the dh in mind, as a switch hitter with power from both sides hes valuable now that this bullshit is likely here to stay.

the problem is theres barely any pitching in the pipeline now, which used to be our strong point. which means a lot of the talent we have is going to have to be moved, unless we've decided to just buy our staff.

were still really thin, in reality, and are a ways away from competing i think. ownership has shown a willingness to spend, so its nice to know when the right fa is there we wont shy away from him. theyve got a lot of ways to keep making money during the shutdown, so thats hopefully going to help keep them willing to spend when it comes to it.

were a meh organization at the moment, but on an upward trend. we've basically put everything on zaidi, hopefully he produces.

i feel sad for madison, hes getting freaking shelled. he wanted to come back but the team just didnt pursue him fully. hopefully his issues this year are just shoulder related and he can come back next year after the dbacks cut him and he comes home like we should have done in the first place with both him and lincecum ffs
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:25:52 AM by IATA »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Dusty Baker on Altuve: "This is killing him and it’s killing us to see him feel this way." Said he'll be off tomorrow paired with the team's off day for a couple days to clear his head.

You hate to see it

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
i dunno about kapler, i feel like he's either a filler before we get the right guy, but he also has some potential to be that guy. he's certainly saying the right things so far

the pro team right now is just terrible, but at least theres a few bright spots.

• yaz has it, im really excited about him. its encouraging hes allowed the success of the end last season carry over into this one
  • dubon has some potential, but where does he play if he cant hit consistently?
  • solano is 32 and on a one year deal, but i'd love to see him hit .400 this year and get a nice like 3 year deal and cash in after bouncing around
  • slater has been really surprising this season, hes actually hitting against righties and that was his biggest weakness outside of consistentcy. its really weird having a steals leader in sf
  • marco luciano is a great prospect, but hes a ways away.
  • joey bart is ready to be in the pros now, i have no idea why hes not because hes already passed the time needed to get a full service year.
  • heliot ramos is another big bat i look forward to in a few years.
  • hunter bishop has a chance, but i dunno, i feel like hes gonna washout.
  • patrick bailey was drafted with the dh in mind, as a switch hitter with power from both sides hes valuable now that this bullshit is likely here to stay.

the problem is theres barely any pitching in the pipeline now, which used to be our strong point. which means a lot of the talent we have is going to have to be moved, unless we've decided to just buy our staff.

were still really thin, in reality, and are a ways away from competing i think. ownership has shown a willingness to spend, so its nice to know when the right fa is there we wont shy away from him. theyve got a lot of ways to keep making money during the shutdown, so thats hopefully going to help keep them willing to spend when it comes to it.

were a meh organization at the moment, but on an upward trend. we've basically put everything on zaidi, hopefully he produces.

i feel sad for madison, hes getting freaking shelled. he wanted to come back but the team just didnt pursue him fully. hopefully his issues this year are just shoulder related and he can come back next year after the dbacks cut him and he comes home like we should have done in the first place with both him and lincecum ffs

Slater just came up for Auction in my dynasty league. Putting a decent bid in on him

Added Heliot and Luciano to my watch list. I was aware of both of them, but that was a good reminder.

Bart should be an absolute stud.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2020, 12:37:40 PM »
That Twitter account is a fun follow.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2020, 12:04:44 PM »
Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
·
3m
Justin Verlander says he needs Tommy John surgery: https://instagram.com/p/CFUnuWDgt8a/
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Tags: