Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66433 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2024, 10:29:07 AM »
The “OL was too bad” point has already been covered.  By me probably more than anyone here. This conversation is about whether the GM did an acceptable job, not how good or bad Joe Flacco would have been.

JD could've added any veteran QB and we added ...Trevor Siemian.  That's where he failed. 

We promoted Tim Boyle from the PS and then replaced him with Brett Rypien.  None of these QBs are better players than Zach Wilson.  Their "experience" in the system didn't do excrement for us either.

Flacco would've been a disaster here, but signing him (or any veteran QB with actual starting experience) would've at least shown that we didn't just throw in the towel.  Pivoting to Tim Boyle was basically rock bottom. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #1036 on: February 01, 2024, 10:29:55 AM »
Maybe. Maybe he'd have won the same number of games as Zach. Maybe he'd have won games Zach lost and lost games Zach won. Most likely he'd have been destroyed and done for the season by week 6. It's impossible to know for sure, but the one thing I am very sure of is that he wouldn't have solved any of the actual problems with the team.

We started Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian in real games this season!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1037 on: February 01, 2024, 10:30:55 AM »
Saleh and Hackett are more at fault than Douglas...if you really want to keep score. 

#AllExcusesNoBrake
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1038 on: February 01, 2024, 10:31:11 AM »
We started Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian in real games this season!

Mate, you're shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. Only one QB stood any chance of salvaging anything from this roster and playcalling, and he died four snaps into the season.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1039 on: February 01, 2024, 10:32:56 AM »
we hired another DC to run this team, and big surprise...the offense is completely rudderless. 

Douglas could've drafted and signed the greatest show on turf offense, and it would've floundered under this coaching staff.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2024, 10:34:41 AM »
we hired another DC to run this team, and big surprise...the offense is completely rudderless. 

Douglas could've drafted and signed the greatest show on turf offense, and it would've floundered under this coaching staff.

We should give that a try and see what happens

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1041 on: February 01, 2024, 10:35:16 AM »
Mate, you're shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. Only one QB stood any chance of salvaging anything from this roster and playcalling, and he died four snaps into the season.

According to Russini it’s cause we didn’t watch enough tape

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2024, 01:40:04 PM »
We should give that a try and see what happens

Yeah, I'd be in favor of installing a high-octane offense just for shits and giggles.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2024, 02:03:38 PM »
Yeah, I'd be in favor of installing a high-octane offense just for shits and giggles.

But our coaches will freak it up!

Better to not even try

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1045 on: February 01, 2024, 07:25:18 PM »
Oh no not another wasted season!

The alternative is that we fire everyone and start over at QB and have another wasted season, but different
Wasted season pop tart with futility filling

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1046 on: February 01, 2024, 09:30:59 PM »
Wasted season pop tart with futility filling
No frosting? freak you.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1047 on: February 02, 2024, 08:26:47 AM »
No frosting? freak you.

Fan tears frosting with draft pick sprinkles
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1048 on: February 02, 2024, 10:01:49 AM »
No frosting? freak you.

Frosting is for winners.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Tags: