Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66459 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #870 on: November 27, 2023, 09:08:44 AM »
Remember his first couple of years when everyone was praising him for not going over his FA contract ceiling?

That was mostly MB.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #871 on: November 27, 2023, 09:56:04 AM »
That was mostly MB.

optimism is my weakness...i'll do better next time.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #872 on: November 27, 2023, 10:11:41 AM »
optimism is my weakness...i'll do better next time.

It's the Jets man.  They're up 35-0 in Superbowl 2025 with 30 seconds left a freaking meteor will hit Earth and wipe out civilization,
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #873 on: November 27, 2023, 10:25:28 AM »
What competent GM would want to come here ?

We'd be plucking another scouting or personnel director from somewhere or hiring a mediocre retread who's taken a few years off and not by choice

Everyone else in the building has waved the white flag on the season and it's beyond obvious .

We as fans should too . We're already having the offseason salvage discussion lol .

This job isn't as attractive as people would imagine it is .

We've got a good defense . Congratulations . So do like 5 other teams who aren't in a suicide pact with a 40 yr old QB.  The youth movement won't be too young going into yr 3 next yr and will likely be plotting their escape unless we make the playoffs in 24.

If we lose out burning it all down isn't off the table . But the most realistic scenario is everyone stays and a playoff mandate is made apparent to everyone in the building regardless what the media says lol

We will exhaust all options so if we do blow it up nobody can say we didn't give them a fair shake . Hence this regime buying themselves time with Rodgers.  If they can't be a contender next yr nobody here deserves to keep their job . Plain and simple .

The most Jets thing ever is Rodgers gets hurt again in December and retires then we go scorched earth

Nothing they've done shows they deserve anything but again they bought themselves time with Rodgers so their fate is solely tied to him .

This is a sad car wreck . Let's see if they can walk away unscathed or we need to put the sheets over them next December lol

This is the reality.

Assuming Rodgers is here for 24, we either keep the leaders we have in place, or fire them in favor of guys no one else would hire into those roles because if they have options, they aren’t picking the one where the owner mandates they go all in for their one season with Rodgers, which all but necessitates the 2025 1st being traded for assets this year, either a lineman or a WR or another top draft pick in 2024. Which of course means no chance of getting the QB in 25 after Rodgers walks away.

It’s run it back season in 24, and we have to pray Rodgers is as valuable an asset on the field as we all hoped. Because you are right, we could easily contend for the postseason with some health and actually average offensive playmakers around Wilson and Hall and on the OL. Adding 4 players isn’t a monumental task, especially when you should expect a top 10 pick to be one of them, and the 2025 1st to lead to another one.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #874 on: November 27, 2023, 04:11:31 PM »
I don't see a reason to keep Saleh, tbh.

He started out and stayed at the mean that Rex's teams regressed to. If he is taking more ownership of the offense than Rex is then he's making the wrong decisions. If he's not allowed or not willing to make changes on offense until it's way too late then it doesn't matter that he's here.

We've documented enough of the reasons why Douglas shouldn't keep his job that I'm not going to bother here.

If this staff is intact and in place next season, I don't see a reason to be optimistic as of right now.

Saleh has made plenty of adjustments to the offense. Nothing he did or can do is saving this offense, due to the personnel. Only thing left for him to do is fire Hackett and I don’t think anyone can confidently say he has the ability to make that decision.

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #875 on: November 27, 2023, 04:12:33 PM »
Also, I’m struggling to remember why Rex’s teams regressed. Did he not give enough playing time to Wayne Hunter and Plaxico Burress?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #876 on: November 27, 2023, 04:19:15 PM »
Saleh has made plenty of adjustments to the offense. Nothing he did or can do is saving this offense, due to the personnel. Only thing left for him to do is fire Hackett and I don’t think anyone can confidently say he has the ability to make that decision.

You seem to think I'm only talking about this season and not including the player and staff personnel choices that preceded this season, at least some of which he would have been on-board with, which is an issue that I have raised multiple times. Why would you think I'm only talking about this season or that I wasn't including the personnel choices that led to this season?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 04:22:24 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #877 on: November 27, 2023, 04:56:22 PM »
Saleh has made plenty of adjustments to the offense.

Like what?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #879 on: November 27, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »
Like what?

What, you don't think benching Cobb and Lazard are huge moves?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #880 on: November 27, 2023, 08:57:10 PM »
What, you don't think benching Cobb and Lazard are huge moves?

Ok what is the move everyone wanted to see?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #881 on: November 27, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »

Wins.

Nothing else matters. While losses pile up, irrationality reigns supreme. How many times have we all acknowledged there are no real moves left and we are fucked until the year ends and we can get healthy and make changes?

Yet 3 weeks from now after getting our asses handed to us by the Dolphins again, and we are 5-9 or worse, 4-10, people will be even more loudly screaming to fire everyone and send Rodgers to Siberia so we can start over. Even though we all know that’s exactly what’s in front of us already, and no rational fan right now is predicting us to win the next 3 games anyways.

But those losses will add up, breeding more anger and more frustration and more irrationality. I say all of this to say I’m sure I will be leading the “fire everyone!” Charge in two weeks anyways.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 09:08:29 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #882 on: November 27, 2023, 09:04:43 PM »
You seem to think I'm only talking about this season and not including the player and staff personnel choices that preceded this season, at least some of which he would have been on-board with, which is an issue that I have raised multiple times. Why would you think I'm only talking about this season or that I wasn't including the personnel choices that led to this season?

The man can only bench ZW or fire MLF so many times

He also is forced to play musical chairs at OL for every single game

I’m honestly not sure what else a HC can do in this situation. Doesn’t matter if it’s Saleh or someone else

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #883 on: November 27, 2023, 09:05:27 PM »
Wins.

Nothing else matters. While losses pile up, irrationality reigns supreme.

Damn, shoulda ran the Win play last week

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #884 on: November 27, 2023, 09:24:17 PM »

I called for weeks to put Breece and Cook in the backfield together. They did it a couple of times over the couple of games before this week, and they were successful. Yet, those plays disappeared from the playcalling--even in the same game. Whose idea is it to stop doing something that works? If it's Hackett's, then it's Bob's job to tell him to do it again till they stop them. If it's Saleh's, then he's a dumbass.

How about some Breece runs outside the tackles? Nah, let's just go up the gut for the 400th time.

Why is Dalvin Cook getting snaps over Abanikanda? Oh, pass pro, right? Can't remember who, but someone posted Cook allowed two sacks this week.

Those are just a few things. So I'll flip it to you. What are the "plenty of adjustments" Saleh's made that you claimed?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: