Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66441 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #780 on: September 28, 2023, 12:24:08 PM »

My one pushback is that teams play really conservative offense against us because they know we can't score.

Look at last week against the Patriots. The Patriots got up 10 points and got unbelievably conservative after that. When our offense does nothing, I think opponents take their foot off the gas a little bit on the other side.

Don't get me wrong, we have a very good defense, and if we could score 18 PPG, we'd win a LOT more games. But we wouldn't be 15-3.

This was a thing during the Herm years. The narrative was that we had a great second half defense, implying we made good halftime adjustments,  but the reality was other teams took the lead and went conservative on offense.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #781 on: September 28, 2023, 12:27:41 PM »
Our offense is awful and our defense is out there a lot, but we are insanely deep on the defensive line and those dudes are more than capable of rotating and playing at a high level all game.  LBs and DBs should be good to go no matter how much they are out there.

Our defense has not done a great job of getting off the field either.  We are dropping interceptions again and we are really bad at getting off the field on third downs so far too. 

It goes both ways.  They can't point their finger at the offense (or the quarterback) for giving up a comeback route on 3rd and 15. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 12:58:07 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #782 on: September 28, 2023, 12:55:13 PM »
Our offense is awful and our defense is out there a lot, but we are insanely deep on the defensive line and those dudes are more than capable of rotating and playing at a high level all game.  LBs and DBs should be good to go no matter how much they are out there.

Our defense has not done a great job of getting off the field either.  We are dropping interceptions again and we are really bad at getting off the field on third downs so far too. 

It goes both ways.  They can point their finger at the offense (or the quarterback) for giving up a comeback route on 3rd and 15. 

Third and long should be absolute money downs for this unit, pure mayhem.  That 3rd and 15 to a wide open Parker was one of the most disappointing plays of the season for me.  On third and longs, I'm usually thinking, "Really hope we get off the field here," instead of "I want my SCALPS!!!"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #783 on: September 28, 2023, 02:09:46 PM »
Trust me wasn't trying to absolve the defense . I legit screamed at DJ Reed for giving up multiple 3rd and longs to stfu about the 85 bears and be better lol

Elite defenses generate turnovers . We don't.  Pretty todd Bowles Ds did that at a better rate or at least I know we had a 4 or 5 turnover game

Seeks like we can only do that to Josh Allen lol

I think they'd be more efficient if the O didn't suck dong.  But there is no excuse for lack of turnover opportunities.  We've seen at least 3 pick 6s almost gimme level tds left on the field already .

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #784 on: September 28, 2023, 05:24:55 PM »
Seeks like we can only do that to Josh Allen lol

we got helped by allen deciding to play yolo ball for the first game of the season

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #785 on: September 28, 2023, 06:15:20 PM »
we got helped by allen deciding to play yolo ball for the first game of the season
Fair but I'd argue if it were anything like the other games Whitehead drops each of them lol

But the other ints missed were mosely sauce and Reed

Ironically our best players not named Q lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #786 on: November 01, 2023, 12:13:38 AM »
Jets are on a 3 game win streak

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #789 on: November 21, 2023, 10:12:02 AM »
Can't fire anyone beyond lower coaches this offseason, this was a risk of taking on Rodgers.  He has this franchise by the nutsack.  They've gone all in on him.  There's no option to fire Hackett.  If you can't fire Hackett, you can't hire another HC, so Saleh stays.  Can't fire Douglas and make a new GM take the HC.  You have to hope that Rodgers carries this team next year and we can get healthy and add some sore of OL, WR. No need to discuss firing Hackett, Saleh, or Douglas any further.  We made our bed and it's done.

Only tinge of hope is our defense playing suffocating defense and winning maybe 2 of the next 3 with some baseball scores, like 8-3 and excrement.  Enough for Rodgers to come back with some outside mathematical chance to make the playoffs.  Highly doubtful.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #791 on: November 24, 2023, 07:42:15 PM »
Can't fire anyone beyond lower coaches this offseason, this was a risk of taking on Rodgers.  He has this franchise by the nutsack.  They've gone all in on him.  There's no option to fire Hackett.  If you can't fire Hackett, you can't hire another HC, so Saleh stays.  Can't fire Douglas and make a new GM take the HC.  You have to hope that Rodgers carries this team next year and we can get healthy and add some sore of OL, WR. No need to discuss firing Hackett, Saleh, or Douglas any further.  We made our bed and it's done.

Only tinge of hope is our defense playing suffocating defense and winning maybe 2 of the next 3 with some baseball scores, like 8-3 and excrement.  Enough for Rodgers to come back with some outside mathematical chance to make the playoffs.  Highly doubtful.
freak ticking off Rodgers. He can leave.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #792 on: November 24, 2023, 08:49:52 PM »
freak ticking off Rodgers. He can leave.

Sounds great in theory but no one wants to bail on 2024 Rodgers.  He's still good.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #793 on: November 24, 2023, 08:59:33 PM »
Sounds great in theory but no one wants to bail on 2024 Rodgers.  He's still good.
Lmao, 2022 Rodgers wasn't very good.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #794 on: November 24, 2023, 09:01:42 PM »
Everyone is bitching about how Rodgers wouldn't save this team but Jets fans haven't seen competent QB play for so long we're forgetting what it's like

A good WR1 (GW), good RB, Lazard, acceptable TE is basically the old Packers. Even last year with Rodgers at his worst GB was an average offense. Compared to the current output that's a revelation. We can bitch about the OL all day but they would not look as disastrous if teams had to actually respect the threat of the pass.

Tags: