Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66525 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #767 on: September 14, 2023, 12:32:38 AM »
Being able to laugh at grown men treat this like a death in the family is one purest joys I have ever experienced. Thank you, Aaron.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #768 on: September 24, 2023, 06:00:06 PM »
So far Hackett is worse than MLF lol

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #769 on: September 24, 2023, 06:12:20 PM »
So far Hackett is worse than MLF lol
MLF had some creativity which gave you hope he could be good. And he was young, and he was rising in his career.

He failed because he was bad at dealing with Wilson and because the offense was such a mess last December/January that something had to change. The Wilson part may end up not looking that bad in retrospect if Wilson is that bad. But no matter who the QB is, you can't score 6 points or less in 3 straight games to end a season and expect to keep your job.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #770 on: September 24, 2023, 06:12:41 PM »
How many more weeks until we bump the tank watch thread? Probably during the bye if we're 1-5?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #774 on: September 24, 2023, 09:47:48 PM »
Garret Wilson already looks like he's decided to hold out in 2 yrs lol

This coaching staff will prove their mettle or prove their ineptitude this yr

Just said in the QB thread as of now we improved just enough to resemble last yrs team to a tee vs a much tougher schedule

That's on JD .

MacDonald rotting on the sideline and hardman being an after thought are amusing but in a sad way .

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #775 on: September 24, 2023, 10:36:28 PM »
https://x.com/caseyhalp/status/1706037576040092050?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Not 100% sure on the lip read (looks acc) but his face reads exactly like the caption

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #776 on: September 28, 2023, 11:21:26 AM »
If the Jets scored a league avg 18 pts per game. They'd be 15-3 in their last 18 games

I knew it was bad but seeing it bleed into this year and reach this number is so depressing

We're the 99 Bucs without Brad Johnson

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #777 on: September 28, 2023, 11:45:06 AM »
If the Jets scored a league avg 18 pts per game. They'd be 15-3 in their last 18 games

I knew it was bad but seeing it bleed into this year and reach this number is so depressing

I keep seeing this and every time it makes my reflux act up

This isn't even depressing, it's angering
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #778 on: September 28, 2023, 12:11:28 PM »

My one pushback is that teams play really conservative offense against us because they know we can't score.

Look at last week against the Patriots. The Patriots got up 10 points and got unbelievably conservative after that. When our offense does nothing, I think opponents take their foot off the gas a little bit on the other side.

Don't get me wrong, we have a very good defense, and if we could score 18 PPG, we'd win a LOT more games. But we wouldn't be 15-3.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #779 on: September 28, 2023, 12:21:41 PM »
My one pushback is that teams play really conservative offense against us because they know we can't score.

Look at last week against the Patriots. The Patriots got up 10 points and got unbelievably conservative after that. When our offense does nothing, I think opponents take their foot off the gas a little bit on the other side.

Don't get me wrong, we have a very good defense, and if we could score 18 PPG, we'd win a LOT more games. But we wouldn't be 15-3.

Chicken and egg here

Our defense spends more than half of every game on the field. If we were capable of scoring even competently they'd have more time to rest between drives.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: