Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66437 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #690 on: December 06, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »
No, because it should get better and we weren't competing this year anyway.

Hard to be worse than 32nd in points and 32nd in yards
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #691 on: December 06, 2021, 10:17:41 PM »
Hard to be worse than 32nd in points and 32nd in yards
Adam Gase and the shell of Sam Darnold was more depressing than anything the Jets have done this year.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #692 on: December 06, 2021, 10:20:22 PM »
Adam Gase and the shell of Sam Darnold was more depressing than anything the Jets have done this year.

This is correct

I feel like we got blown out less under Gase somehow though

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #694 on: December 24, 2021, 09:35:55 AM »
this team isn't depressing...we're trending upward for 2022.  #optimist4once
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #695 on: December 24, 2021, 09:37:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/bigbluevcr/status/1474372196759969794?s=10

Thank you for that Christmas Eve nut punch. That play was the beginning to their super bowl run. It was also the beginning of the end for us. And we since been 11 years without the playoffs and look like we might be eternally far away still
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #696 on: December 24, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »
Thank you for that Christmas Eve nut punch. That play was the beginning to their super bowl run. It was also the beginning of the end for us. And we since been 11 years without the playoffs and look like we might be eternally far away still
An end to the "golden age" that began in 1997.

From the hiring of Bill Parcells to the 2011 collapse.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 10:27:51 AM by Badger »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #697 on: December 24, 2021, 02:54:05 PM »
An end to the "golden age" that began in 1997.

From the hiring of Bill Parcells to the 2011 collapse.

The fact that said era could be called a golden age is so depressing in and of itself.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
This is the most important offseason of my fandom, I think.

We've got the Senior Bowl, tons of cap space, significant draft capital, and a potential franchise quarterback.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
I feel... hope?  It tingles.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
I refuse to get my expectations up. There are many good things going on for the team but just as many or more holes to be filled. We need everything to go well for us to contend for a playoff spot next year and most of it to go well to be good in the long run. My biggest hope is that this FO seem to know what they're doing but, as I said, I'm done defending everything this team does just out of hope, so I refuse to get my expectations up until I can see something meaningful.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
I refuse to get my expectations up. There are many good things going on for the team but just as many or more holes to be filled. We need everything to go well for us to contend for a playoff spot next year and most of it to go well to be good in the long run. My biggest hope is that this FO seem to know what they're doing but, as I said, I'm done defending everything this team does just out of hope, so I refuse to get my expectations up until I can see something meaningful.

I expect this team to win at least 8 games in 2022.  I'm not saying playoffs or bust, but we should be in the hunt down to the wire.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
I expect this team to win at least 8 games in 2022.  I'm not saying playoffs or bust, but we should be in the hunt down to the wire.

If we played the 2022 schedule starting next week, I see about 3 wins, maybe 4. 

Obviously that doesn't translate because good teams can become bad, but I have a hard time seeing this team being above .500, but I don't see anything positive anymore about the Jets.  I've officially been Seafooded.

Tags: