Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66530 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Tank Watch
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
I would put this in the "When was the last time the Jets were this depressing" thread, but Badger is a tyrant who closed the thread for some reason.

We have now clinched our 6th straight losing season.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Re: Tank Watch
« Reply #676 on: December 05, 2021, 04:23:13 PM »
I would put this in the "When was the last time the Jets were this depressing" thread, but Badger is a tyrant who closed the thread for some reason.

We have now clinched our 6th straight losing season.

I assume that was done in error. I have fixed it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2021, 04:25:52 PM »
I assume that was done in error. I have fixed it.
I believe he closed it as soon as we won more games than last season.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »
I believe he closed it as soon as we won more games than last season.

I believe it was in error, as there's no reason why it should be closed if people want to post in it. Let's go with that.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2021, 04:32:46 PM »
I'm way less depressed with the team this year than last year. Still depressed, but at least I look forward to stuff every weekend. Last year I didn't bother to watch some of the games.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2021, 04:38:27 PM »
Worst defense in the league and uninspired by our QB taken 2nd overall is extremely depressing. Year 1 of 4, a lot can happen, but he hasn't even had a that's our franchise QB game yet

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2021, 04:39:39 PM »
I'm way less depressed with the team this year than last year. Still depressed, but at least I look forward to stuff every weekend. Last year I didn't bother to watch some of the games.

This is broadly where I'm at.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »
Oh this year is nothing compared to last season. I just wanted to post the note about clinching another losing season in here.

This year is mildly depressing, but it's so much better than last season. I actually want to watch the games.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2021, 04:52:51 PM »
Oh this year is nothing compared to last season. I just wanted to post the note about clinching another losing season in here.

This year is mildly depressing, but it's so much better than last season. I actually want to watch the games.

today i saw a 3rd and 1 HB draw run for a first down, and all i could think about in that moment was how gase would be all googly-eyed about it wondering why it wasn't called on 1st and 10 or 3rd and 20

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #684 on: December 06, 2021, 07:22:13 AM »
I believe it was in error, as there's no reason why it should be closed if people want to post in it. Let's go with that.
Those people are wrong. If this thread doesn't get locked periodically then it's going to live on the front page of the Jets forum in perpetuity. Someone will bump it if we spend a day 3 draft pick on a player they haven't heard of.

Honestly it should stay buried til at least 2023.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:24:38 AM by Badger »

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #685 on: December 06, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »

I'm with you bro; I'm still interested this year where as last season I couldn't even be bothered to watch late in the schedule.
I guess we ultimatley know we are headed in the right direction even it's going to be a long road.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #686 on: December 06, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »
This team sucks less than it did last year.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #687 on: December 06, 2021, 02:34:11 PM »
Those people are wrong. If this thread doesn't get locked periodically then it's going to live on the front page of the Jets forum in perpetuity. Someone will bump it if we spend a day 3 draft pick on a player they haven't heard of.

Honestly it should stay buried til at least 2023.

I think our defense qualifies for this thread
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #688 on: December 06, 2021, 07:14:33 PM »
I think our defense qualifies for this thread
No, because it should get better and we weren't competing this year anyway.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #689 on: December 06, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
Badger, I think this is the most adamant I've seen you be about anything. I respect it.

Tags: