Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66489 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »

The sky is not falling because we won a game.

If you had any clue of what we potentially lost, you'd feel differently.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2020, 09:33:31 PM »
it's not just that this meaningless fvckin win cost us a golden opportunity at the best QB we could possibly get, with no other clear cut, concrete answers at the most important position in the game, which we currently have no future at.....doesn't this loss also mean our 2nd round pick is now much lower as well? correct me if i'm wrong, but don't picks 2 through ~6 start to rotate each round after the first? meaning that we dropped from possibly 1/33 to 2/35 or 36 or something?

this win is so fvckin bad for the future of this franchise. it's a negative for the future of this franchise any way you fvckin slice it in what is a lost, meaningless season that means nothing anyways

you'll be fckin sorry when you watch lawrence throwing darts and dimes up the tight fckin assholes every team in the entire league in a few years while we're lamenting whatever garbage scrap of a QB we'll have playing for us at that time. so fvckin sorry

Pick rotation only occurs among teams that finished with the same record, so technically we'd actually get pick #33 (if both Jags/Jets finish with 1 win)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »
With respect, that's bollocks. He's not really that broken. He still does good things, he just makes some boneheaded decisions at times. He needs better protection, better coaching, and better playcalling. I'm fully OK with us replacing him but if we don't I think he's very easily put back on the right track.

The sky is not falling because we won a game.

bro, when he has protection he inexplicably fuckin runs away from the pocket. he is seeing and hearing things that aren't there and missing things that actually are. let's get real here. we've FUBAR'd him and the jets aren't the team that'll guide him through any sort of reclamation process. you know this

but we won one game in 2020 that won't make you feel any better after we lose next week

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2020, 09:35:20 PM »
I don't think it's exaggerating to say this could be the nadir of the Gase era.

I'm overwhelmed by the irony.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2020, 09:39:50 PM »
if you were able to watch darnold regularly this year you'd understand he's absolutely done here. and this is from a fan of his who wishes him the best for his career. he's done, the jets cannot undo what we did to him

I disagree. He's 23 and not terrible. He has coaches who run us out of drives with dumb calls, best OL and WR are rookies, no reason he can't still work out. Lawrence may turn out to be great, we heard all the same stuff about Darnold. If we can get Lawrence great, if not we build with who we have.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
That's an interesting question. I'm not sure what it is, the whole thing has been just misery but thus far I'd probably say the Raiders loss. Which was on Williams.
From a dispassionate POV the franchise is worse off now than it was after the Raiders loss.

In b4 magic QB strawman
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 09:42:49 PM by Badger »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2020, 09:43:05 PM »
i've actually gotten over that calamity of a win today, already

another confirmatory season watching how much we've fvcked up darnold is exactly what this excrement franchise needs. i'm so over this meaningless win/loss of lawrence. now all i have left is to keep rooting for darnold every week because he's a good guy while continually watching him underwhelm and make nonsensical, baffling decisions game after game after game

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2020, 09:48:22 PM »
I disagree. He's 23 and not terrible. He has coaches who run us out of drives with dumb calls, best OL and WR are rookies, no reason he can't still work out. Lawrence may turn out to be great, we heard all the same stuff about Darnold. If we can get Lawrence great, if not we build with who we have.

IS, i appreciate the sentiments and the effort but you're just parroting baseless platitudes that can be applied to any young QB prospect in any troubled situation/bad team in this league without having had to watch just how fvcked and broken he has become developmentally. it's not actually an argument rooted in the reality that is the player and this team

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2020, 09:57:59 PM »
IS, i appreciate the sentiments and the effort but you're just parroting baseless platitudes that can be applied to any young QB prospect in any troubled situation/bad team in this league without having had to watch just how fvcked and broken he has become developmentally. it's not actually an argument rooted in the reality that is the player and this team
Why would is base anything in reality?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2020, 09:59:18 PM »
He is pretty terrible. We make excuses because we drafted him high and he see s like a nice guy and we feel bad for him.  But he has been terrible too.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2020, 10:01:29 PM »

The past five years we've been in position to draft Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott and Josh Allen. I think we all can agree none of them would have had the success here that they have where they are. Do you think Darnold is that much different?

Being in position to draft a guy is half the battle. Drafting the right guys and building a team is the part we have to get right with Douglas. It's going to take some time, whether the Jags win next week and we get Lawrence or if they don't and we keep Darnold. Young guys are usually a product of their environment, so we need that right before any of these young guys can succeed here.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »
Fact: We could have kept Rex and Sanchez this whole time and not be any worse off than we are now.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
Fact: We could have kept Herm and Chad this whole time and not be any worse off than we are now.

Fixed
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2020, 10:27:56 PM »
Fixed
Technically true but then we wouldn't have had the good Rex years.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2020, 10:37:38 PM »
Fact: We could have kept Rex and Sanchez this whole time and not be any worse off than we are now.

To my point, Sanchez was no better than Darnold, but the culture, the talent and the coaching created an environment where he could have success. Build that back and you can win with any number of QBs, in my opinion including Darnold.

Tags: