Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66466 times)

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #585 on: December 20, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »
Have you not been paying attention to college football for the past four years?

Indeed I have.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #586 on: December 20, 2020, 08:12:52 PM »
I haven't felt like this since the loss to the Steelers in 2010.

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
This thread will be hilarious to revisit when the Jags beat the bears on Sunday.

And then the Jets beat the Pats in week 17.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2020, 08:16:25 PM »
This thread will be hilarious to revisit when the Jags beat the bears on Sunday.

Not really
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2020, 08:17:25 PM »

Or in a few years when none of it matters.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
*reads thread*

Yikes. It's going to be OK, guys.
I don't think it's exaggerating to say this could be the nadir of the Gase era.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2020, 09:09:31 PM »

If nadir means last 15 days, then yes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #593 on: December 20, 2020, 09:16:32 PM »
If nadir means last 15 days, then yes.

He means Ralph Nadir
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2020, 09:18:56 PM »
Sanchez was almost the 180 degree opposite of Darnold. The team around him and the coaching staff made him appear to be a franchise QB, but when we needed him to step up and be one we learned he wasn't one.

Darnold has been out there on his own, if he's here next year he'll be on his third coach in four years. If he doesn't take off on a 50 yard TD run we're kicking a FG, punting or turning it over.

After three years of Sanchez we still thought he could be a franchise QB, had won 4 road playoff games. You never know what happens if Darnold stays, we get a new staff and continue to draft good players.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »

That's an interesting question. I'm not sure what it is, the whole thing has been just misery but thus far I'd probably say the Raiders loss. Which was on Williams.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
He means Ralph Nadir

Lol my autocorrect changed it to Nader. I voted for him in 2000.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »
it's not just that this meaningless fvckin win cost us a golden opportunity at the best QB we could possibly get, with no other clear cut, concrete answers at the most important position in the game, which we currently have no future at.....doesn't this loss also mean our 2nd round pick is now much lower as well? correct me if i'm wrong, but don't picks 2 through ~6 start to rotate each round after the first? meaning that we dropped from possibly 1/33 to 2/35 or 36 or something?

this win is so fvckin bad for the future of this franchise. it's a negative for the future of this franchise any way you fvckin slice it in what is a lost, meaningless season that means nothing anyways

you'll be fckin sorry when you watch lawrence throwing darts and dimes up the tight fckin assholes every team in the entire league in a few years while we're lamenting whatever garbage scrap of a QB we'll have playing for us at that time. so fvckin sorry

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2020, 09:26:46 PM »
After three years of Sanchez we still thought he could be a franchise QB, had won 4 road playoff games. You never know what happens if Darnold stays, we get a new staff and continue to draft good players.

if you were able to watch darnold regularly this year you'd understand he's absolutely done here. and this is from a fan of his who wishes him the best for his career. he's done, the jets cannot undo what we did to him

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »
if you were able to watch darnold regularly this year you'd understand he's absolutely done here. and this is from a fan of his who wishes him the best for his career. he's done, the jets cannot undo what we did to him

With respect, that's bollocks. He's not really that broken. He still does good things, he just makes some boneheaded decisions at times. He needs better protection, better coaching, and better playcalling. I'm fully OK with us replacing him but if we don't I think he's very easily put back on the right track.

The sky is not falling because we won a game.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: