Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66457 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Sometimes bottoming out is better than staying on the treadmill of mediocrity for years and years.

You know this is why Rex was fired, right?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
You know this is why Rex was fired, right?

Rex took us to back to back AFC Championship Games, that's not mediocrity. He was fired after Idzik ruined the team.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
Rex took us to back to back AFC Championship Games, that's not mediocrity. He was fired after Idzik ruined the team.

No....the last 4 years of Rex's tenure was mediocre excrement.  Try and see past the 2 AFCCGs.

EDIT: Actually...6 years, if you include the turd sandwich he made up in Buffalo too.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
No....the last 4 years of Rex's tenure was mediocre excrement.  Try and see past the 2 AFCCGs.

EDIT: Actually...6 years, if you include the turd sandwich he made up in Buffalo too.
The last 4 years Rex had here > everything since then

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin

"Which turd is more shiny" syndrome

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

It's all kind of one muddled bowl of crap.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
The Jets haven't been fun to watch since Fitzy won that Thursday game in Buffalo, and they had that fun post-game interview.

Next week, Fitz had 6 picks, he was mostly terrible from that point on, and that was all she wrote.

I wonder if Fitz and his agent (and the Jets) hadn't been such sticklers about his contract if things would have worked out differently.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
The Jets haven't been fun to watch since Fitzy won that Thursday game in Buffalo, and they had that fun post-game interview.

Next week, Fitz had 6 picks, he was mostly terrible from that point on, and that was all she wrote.

I wonder if Fitz and his agent (and the Jets) hadn't been such sticklers about his contract if things would have worked out differently.
Yeah, I recently had a rude reminder of how bad everything was in 2016. I think I had memory-holed that season.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon

Two of them were actually 8-8, his QBs the entire time he was here were Sanchez and Geno. Once you know the guy can win and win in the playoffs, you shouldn't be so quick to replace him. Because the next coach just might be terrible, and the one after that and the one after that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
Two of them were actually 8-8, his QBs the entire time he was here were Sanchez and Geno. Once you know the guy can win and win in the playoffs, you shouldn't be so quick to replace him. Because the next coach just might be terrible, and the one after that and the one after that.

Rex lucked into those 2 playoff years with Mangini's roster.  Once the roster became his, we stunk.  And then to make sure it wasn't an anomaly, he stunk in Buffalo right after.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
Rex lucked into those 2 playoff years with Mangini's roster.  Once the roster became his, we stunk.  And then to make sure it wasn't an anomaly, he stunk in Buffalo right after.
So Mangini was a good coach then? He followed the exact same trajectory with less success in a shorter amount of time.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon

You still have to win the games. Rex beat Manning, Brady and Rivers on the road in the playoffs with Sanchez as his QB. Mangini had Favre and Pennington, never won a playoff game.

Both guys were dumb to take jobs in Cleveland and Buffalo, where nobody had won for a long time.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
So Mangini was a good coach then? He followed the exact same trajectory with less success in a shorter amount of time.

I liked Mangini. Dude knows how to build a roster. I think Cleveland gave him the short end of the stick too.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
I liked Mangini. Dude knows how to build a roster. I think Cleveland gave him the short end of the stick too.

Tannenbaum was the GM for Mangini and Rex. We've had this conversation a million times.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
You still have to win the games. Rex beat Manning, Brady and Rivers on the road in the playoffs with Sanchez as his QB. Mangini had Favre and Pennington, never won a playoff game.

Both guys were dumb to take jobs in Cleveland and Buffalo, where nobody had won for a long time.

It was nice getting to the AFCCG in back to back years....but you know what....nobody gives a freak about that, especially 10 years later. 

Tags: