Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66519 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Blame Ficken too.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Here's a little ray of historical hope:

1980 we started 0-5, 1982 reached the AFC Championship game
1996 we started 0-5, 1998 reached the AFC Championship game

The first time we kept the same coach and QB (Walt Michaels and Richard Todd), the second time was the last Kotite year and we cleaned house. Parcells did go 9-7 in 1997 with almost the exact same roster that Kotite went 1-15 with in 96.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Here's a little ray of historical hope:

1980 we started 0-5, 1982 reached the AFC Championship game
1996 we started 0-5, 1998 reached the AFC Championship game

The first time we kept the same coach and QB (Walt Michaels and Richard Todd), the second time was the last Kotite year and we cleaned house. Parcells did go 9-7 in 1997 with almost the exact same roster that Kotite went 1-15 with in 96.

97. Even Parcells, great a mind as he was wasn't immune to the stupid freaking decision of a halfback pass when seizing control of a football game.

That team should've made the playoffs.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
97. Even Parcells, great a mind as he was wasn't immune to the stupid freaking decision of a halfback pass when seizing control of a football game.

That team should've made the playoffs.

Yeah, he had no faith in O'Donnell.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New York Guardians were the last team to win a home game in MetLife Stadium.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
The New York Guardians were the last team to win a home game in MetLife Stadium.

The 49ers might very well end the season with more wins at Metlife than the Jets and Giants combined, they're 2-0 there vs the Jets at 0-3 and the Giants at 0-2.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
  #Jets are on pace to finish season w/ a point differential of -275.2. The worst point differential in the modern NFL? 1981 Baltimore Colts with -274
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
#Jets are on pace to finish season w/ a point differential of -275.2. The worst point differential in the modern NFL? 1981 Baltimore Colts with -274

I saw them play the Jets at Shea. We won like 25-0, Sack Exchange got Bert Jones 8 or 9 times.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
This is the first time in i don’t know how many years that I’m fully awake watching football during a Jets game and I don’t watch even a play of the Jets game. I didn’t read reports, I didn’t enter the forum until now. This team is taking away my love for the team.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
For me, Low point of the season is still watching Becton on the bench during the Denver game after coming out when re-injuring his shoulder
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
I don't know, guys... I'm starting to think this team is bad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
For me, Low point of the season is still watching Becton on the bench during the Denver game after coming out when re-injuring his shoulder

was that when he was on the bench holding his shoulder before or after we still brought him back in for the next drive

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
I don't know, guys... I'm starting to think this team is bad.

I'm with you. I think the consensus for answer to the title is beginning to be "Never".

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Answer is never. The problem right now is there's no hope.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Answer is never. The problem right now is there's no hope.

I think we have a collection of people in charge - owner, GM and head coach - who are doing a really excrement job, but are telling each other how good they all are for fear that their whole delusion of competence comes crumbling down. As soon as one of them says "actually, that guy's doing a excrement job and probably shouldn't be doing it any more" the fingers start getting pointed at them as well. Gase is a useful lightning rod for Johnson and Douglas right now, and probably for a bunch of the scouts as well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: