Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66474 times)

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
I agree that you can't really compare two eras, nevermind rankings

I'm disgusted that we're talking about any coach in the same breath as Rich Kotite. He was far and away the worst coach in the history of the franchise. No one was even close. If you asked the fans of every team in the NFL who they considered the worst coach in the history of their franchise, there might be some debate with other teams. With Kotite, it was an auto-response from Jets fans.

Not anymore

Rich Kotite won 4 games out of 32. Gase would have to go 0-36 to reach the same win percentage. We all hate Gase and would fire him into the sun, but c'mon now, it's still a long freaking way to Rich freaking Kotite.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:17:07 PM by Rosetta Stoned »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
There were some close games in 1996 but a lot of them were over early. Week 1 was at Denver, granted the altitude, but NBC comes back from commercial and the entire D was on one knee with their helmets off like they hadn't trained all summer. That was actually a better team than the 3-13 team in 1995, which beat the Jags in the third week of their existence and beat Miami without Marino 16-15 in a home game I was at. We were 4-28 over two seasons, after finishing 0-5 with Pete Carroll, a stretch of 4-33 beginning with the Fake Spike game which was for first place and we led 24-6 in the 3rd quarter.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Rich Kotite won 4 games out of 32. Gase would have to go 0-36 to reach the same win percentage. We all hate Gase and would fire him into the sun, but c'mon now, it's still a long freaking way to Rich freaking Kotite.

It's not about win pct.

The point I was attempting to make, is that while the Kotite era was deemed by almost all Jets fans as our darkest hour, they were competitive on offense unlike the utter disaster it is today. We were actually competitive in 2016, which is a lot more than can be said about this team.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
There were some close games in 1996 but a lot of them were over early. Week 1 was at Denver, granted the altitude, but NBC comes back from commercial and the entire D was on one knee with their helmets off like they hadn't trained all summer. That was actually a better team than the 3-13 team in 1995, which beat the Jags in the third week of their existence and beat Miami without Marino 16-15 in a home game I was at. We were 4-28 over two seasons, after finishing 0-5 with Pete Carroll, a stretch of 4-33 beginning with the Fake Spike game which was for first place and we led 24-6 in the 3rd quarter.

Which is something that will not happen this season

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
We weren't that competitive on offense. Wayne Chrebet made the team as D3 free agent and was a bit of a bright spot, Boomer got steamrolled by Bruce Smith and missed a bunch of time. The next year we paid $25 million for Neil O'Donnell, got Keyshawn #1 overall and were still bad. We also had in 1995 the infamous Bubby Brister shovel pass to Sam Mills. That game, by the way, was the first ever win for the Carolina Panthers, speaking of losing to winless teams, a game played at Clemson.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
The Jets are the only team in the league that has not held a lead at any point this season
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.

That's not true, we had the first score of the game against Denver and held the lead for almost an entire quarter.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
That's not true, we had the first score of the game against Denver and held the lead for almost an entire quarter.

Stop defending Gase
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Doesn’t count that was a fluke run

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Stop defending Gase

I just think that maybe we haven't given him a chance to show what he can do and no one could have done any better with this roster and it's probably because Sam sucks and you're forgetting that he went 6-2 in the second half of last season and 7-9 actually was quite a good record and really it's all on Mike Maccagnan, Brian Winters, the Johnsons, Rex Ryan and probably to some extent Rich Kotite.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Brian Winters is the second worst player in the NFL.  Geno Smith remains #1. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Brian Winters is the second worst player in the NFL.  Geno Smith remains #1. 

Damn no love for Hackenberg

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Damn no love for Hackenberg

Hack is not in the league, but SBTG. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
I just think that maybe we haven't given him a chance to show what he can do and no one could have done any better with this roster and it's probably because Sam sucks and you're forgetting that he went 6-2 in the second half of last season and 7-9 actually was quite a good record and really it's all on Mike Maccagnan, Brian Winters, the Johnsons, Rex Ryan and probably to some extent Rich Kotite.

O-Line...don't forget the O-Line

Tags: