Author Topic: The Witcher (Netflix series)  (Read 15714 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: The Witcher (Netflix series)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 12:03:46 PM »
First episode was cool.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »
I'm four episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. The timeline takes a bit to figure out but I think they do a good job of working the story.

I'm not really seeing a weak performance yet. Cavill is great. Yennefer and Ciri are great characters so far. I can't wait to get through the rest of the season.

The only thing that is pissing me off is the fact that it's based off of a Polish novel and yet seemingly everyone has an English accent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
The Witcher (Netflix series)
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »
I'm four episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. The timeline takes a bit to figure out but I think they do a good job of working the story.

I'm not really seeing a weak performance yet. Cavill is great. Yennefer and Ciri are great characters so far. I can't wait to get through the rest of the season.

The only thing that is pissing me off is the fact that it's based off of a Polish novel and yet seemingly everyone has an English accent.
To be fair Geralt, Yennifer, and Ciri are not Polish names in the slightest. Source: I’m very Polish

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 08:10:54 AM »

Would be more authentic if Geralt fought exclusively with empty bottles of Zywiec as weapons.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 08:35:27 AM »
Yennifer is a nice piece of trim.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
Yennifer is a nice piece of trim.

The humpbacked version is more your speed.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 07:56:18 PM »
The humpbacked version is more your speed.
The singing bard is yours
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »

I forget where I read it years ago, but it was "decided" a long time ago in American cinema that a British accent was the default for a "foreign" accent in fantasy and sci-fi.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 08:55:16 AM »

YOU LEAVE DANDELION ALONE YOU MONSTER!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
I was only able to watch the first two episodes so far, but so far I'm a big fan. I feel like it's faithful to the source material and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 09:00:39 AM »

Nah Dara is.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
I was only able to watch the first two episodes so far, but so far I'm a big fan. I feel like it's faithful to the source material and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Only seen the first episode but really like it so far. Fight choreography is outstanding and Cavill is a badass.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2019, 09:30:51 AM »
I watched knowing nothing of the story, I just wanted to see some elves get it on. It's a pretty good show, very well done.

That said, it needs more funbags and hot elf love.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:32:48 AM by Miamipuck »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2019, 09:32:25 AM »
I watched knowing nothing of the story, I just wanted to see some elves get it on. It's a pretty good show, very well done.

We're on the same page, Bard-fucker.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2019, 10:59:53 PM »

This is my main gripe as well. It's well established in the books that once Geralt was awarded the title "of Rivia", he went out his way to learn and speak with a Rivian accent, yet Cavill still speaks the same as everyone else.

Also, why do the Nilfgaardians speak English? If they went out their way to make the Elven tongue non-English they could've done the same for the Black Ones aswell.

Tags: