Author Topic: Golfin'  (Read 43661 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Golfin'
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »
98 this morning. Couldn't get off the tee consistently, but short game and putting were dialled in. Shot 46 on the back 9.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »
98 this morning. Couldn't get off the tee consistently, but short game and putting were dialled in. Shot 46 on the back 9.

when you start getting holes in one....we can golf together.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2021, 01:01:06 PM »
Bought some quite expensive golf balls that claim to be lower spin and thus help reduce slicing. If they don't work I'm going to be annoyed that I spent so much money on balls that don't do the thing I bought them to do, if they do I'm going to be annoyed that I have to now keep buying such expensive balls.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »
Bought some quite expensive golf balls that claim to be lower spin and thus help reduce slicing. If they don't work I'm going to be annoyed that I spent so much money on balls that don't do the thing I bought them to do, if they do I'm going to be annoyed that I have to now keep buying such expensive balls.
They'll work just slightly enough to keep you hooked.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2021, 01:04:27 PM »
JE with balls on his mind.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2021, 01:04:29 PM »

did the box say "magic beans" on the side?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2021, 07:45:14 PM »
Bought some quite expensive golf balls that claim to be lower spin and thus help reduce slicing.

If they don't work I'm going to be annoyed that I spent so much money on balls that don't do the thing I bought them to do, if they do I'm going to be annoyed that I have to now keep buying such expensive balls.

'Less spin' mitigating claims ("this golf club/tennis racquet will provide BOTH power AND control!") is a bandaid covering a fundamental flaw that needs addressing.  A lesson may provide you with that one simple 'kernel' to keep in mind (vs. 46 different "do this/do that" corrections = paralysis through analysis) and $ave you in the long run.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »
'Less spin' mitigating claims ("this golf club/tennis racquet will provide BOTH power AND control!") is a bandaid covering a fundamental flaw that needs addressing.  A lesson may provide you with that one simple 'kernel' to keep in mind (vs. 46 different "do this/do that" corrections = paralysis through analysis) and $ave you in the long run.

You're right, although less spin = less short game control. So there is definitely a sacrifice, it's not claiming to be a magic panacea. My short game is pretty good though.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2021, 09:29:32 PM »
You're right, although less spin = less short game control. So there is definitely a sacrifice, it's not claiming to be a magic panacea. My short game is pretty good though.

And you're right as well (spin = short game control).  Sounds like you have "the hands" talent-wise and only need to be slice-free off the tee. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2021, 09:30:13 PM »
Two words: spider tack

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2021, 02:16:43 PM »
Shot a 44 on the back 9. Those new balls fly a freaking mile when I get hold of them. Unfortunately the 51 on the front 9 wasn't so good, although 95 is still my best card of the year (previous was 96).

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2021, 02:51:34 PM »
^

* golf clap *

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2021, 03:52:38 PM »
92 today. Breaking 90 by the end of the season feels possible.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2021, 05:54:31 PM »
Haven’t been in this thread in a while, but that’s some really solid progress this year JE.

I’m happy when I break 100. If I’m not playing regularly (at least 18 holes every 1-2 weeks), I hang around that score or won’t break it if I have a bad round. I’ve played about 1x per month this season.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2021, 06:09:56 PM »
Haven’t been in this thread in a while, but that’s some really solid progress this year JE.

I’m happy when I break 100. If I’m not playing regularly (at least 18 holes every 1-2 weeks), I hang around that score or won’t break it if I have a bad round. I’ve played about 1x per month this season.

Thanks bud. It's definitely all about consistency; I've been playing at least twice and going to the range once or twice every week this summer.