Author Topic: The Last of Us  (Read 2286 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The Last of Us
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2023, 01:30:29 PM »
As someone who hasn't played the games, I'm really loving the show. I know a lot of people are complaining about the pace, but I can't see the show lasting more than 3 or 4 seasons so they have to roll quickly. There's just no way Zaslav is going to pay for it. On the postshow the showrunner was adamant he wants to be faithful to the original story.

Very much looking forward to S2. I keep saying, this show is peak Walking Dead. Hopefully, they don't fall into the same trap.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2023, 01:51:40 PM »
As someone who hasn't played the games, I'm really loving the show. I know a lot of people are complaining about the pace, but I can't see the show lasting more than 3 or 4 seasons so they have to roll quickly. There's just no way Zaslav is going to pay for it. On the postshow the showrunner was adamant he wants to be faithful to the original story.

Very much looking forward to S2. I keep saying, this show is peak Walking Dead. Hopefully, they don't fall into the same trap.

Well yeah, the showrunner is the game's director.

It was interesting but plot driven to a fault. The points where the characters are supposed to actually reflect on themselves and actually grow as people just seemed too rushed.

I'm sure if they took the time to pace it out and let some more organically appearing character development happen the way that I would have liked there would be an equal number of fans complaining that the pacing was too slow or veering off too hard.

It's a good series overall, just not one of my favorites.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »
Well yeah, the showrunner is the game's director.

It was interesting but plot driven to a fault. The points where the characters are supposed to actually reflect on themselves and actually grow as people just seemed too rushed.

I'm sure if they took the time to pace it out and let some more organically appearing character development happen the way that I would have liked there would be an equal number of fans complaining that the pacing was too slow or veering off too hard.

It's a good series overall, just not one of my favorites.

the character development on Shoresy is superior
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2023, 01:57:18 PM »
the character development on Shoresy is superior

I actually believe this.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2023, 01:59:36 PM »

TLOU has a defined storyline and ending (as far as I know). TWD never had a real ending inherent to it because Kirkman never planned on ending the story in the comics.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2023, 03:24:33 PM »
TLOU has a defined storyline and ending (as far as I know). TWD never had a real ending inherent to it because Kirkman never planned on ending the story in the comics.

The ending is yet to be determined. They've said that there will likely be a TLOU3 game, but the story isn't written yet. So we're probably still three years away from having a game, and there's no way they'll make the show before the game is released.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2023, 03:26:06 PM »
The ending is yet to be determined. They've said that there will likely be a TLOU3 game, but the story isn't written yet. So we're probably still three years away from having a game, and there's no way they'll make the show before the game is released.

Yeah, no way HBO would finish a television series before the source material has been written. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
Yeah, no way HBO would finish a television series before the source material has been written. 

Naughty Dog won't do it because if people have already seen the storyline they'll be less interested in buying the game.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2023, 03:45:04 PM »
Naughty Dog won't do it because if people have already seen the storyline they'll be less interested in buying the game.

Depending on how the rights were sold they might not be able to say no. If TLOU 3 hasn’t even been written then three years is a very optimistic estimate.

Tags: