Author Topic: Jets kicker search  (Read 16183 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Jets kicker search
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »
Go get Cody Parkey, or that soccer chick.

The Jets deserved what happened today in the kicking game.  Total disregard for the position this off-season. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
Did we cut this dude yet?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2019, 05:13:15 PM »
Did we cut this dude yet?

Seriously did they?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
Jason Myers made all his XP today btw

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2019, 12:43:38 AM »
Jason Myers made all his XP today btw
KeEpInG hIm WoUlD hAvE bEeN FiNaNcIalLy IrReSpOnSiBlE!!1!1!1!11!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »
Have they cut that queynte yet?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »
Have they cut that queynte yet?
They signed him to a 5 yr extension
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
If we only could have gotten close enough for whatever his name is to blow a potential winning kick, he could have at least gone out with a blaze of glory.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2019, 10:51:34 AM »
They signed him to a 5 yr extension
light yourself on fire please

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »
Keeping Mike Maccagnan after last season was grossly negligent behavior.

I don't blame Douglas like the media seems to want to do. What else was he supposed to do? He tried to address the situation, but this could all have been fine had Macc just re-signed Myers. I wish he could be fired all over again.

"The Jets have done great with scrap heap kickers" became the new "You can find a starting guard in the late rounds." At least that nonsense should stop now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »
"The Jets have done great with scrap heap kickers" became the new "You can find a starting guard in the late rounds." At least that nonsense should stop now.

It's helped in recent years that we're playing out the string by late September and there hasn't been a pressure kick here since 2015. Once we're safely out of the race (in three weeks) whoever we bring in will be fine.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2019, 12:12:59 PM »
It's helped in recent years that we're playing out the string by late September and there hasn't been a pressure kick here since 2015. Once we're safely out of the race (in three weeks) whoever we bring in will be fine.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

First, all the nonsense about having had success off the scrap heap ignores things like Nick Folk having worked out with someone to specifically address his Dallas problems before winding up here. Jason Myers had previously had a year where he'd kicked 87% on FGs and one where he'd been 90% on XPs. Catanzaro had had a 90% FG year, and a couple of 100% XP years. The Jets may have brought in some discards, but it's not like they've turned 40% guys into 80%-ers overnight.

Second, the rules were specifically changed to make XPs harder. Now every XP attempt is a field goal try. The job is no longer automatic.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
Brian Costello

@BrianCoz

Jason Myers made all three of his extra points yesterday ... for those of you scoring at home.
12:38 PM · Sep 9, 2019

#Marist

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
Bring back Folk. How bad can he be?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »
There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

First, all the nonsense about having had success off the scrap heap ignores things like Nick Folk having worked out with someone to specifically address his Dallas problems before winding up here. Jason Myers had previously had a year where he'd kicked 87% on FGs and one where he'd been 90% on XPs. Catanzaro had had a 90% FG year, and a couple of 100% XP years. The Jets may have brought in some discards, but it's not like they've turned 40% guys into 80%-ers overnight.

Second, the rules were specifically changed to make XPs harder. Now every XP attempt is a field goal try. The job is no longer automatic.
Wait so in one breath, you say Catanzaro wasnt that bad because he had already had good seasons under his belt. In the next breath, you blame the Jets for having a bad kicker situation, even though Catanzaro was the guy they signed to fill the job?

Also, I dont see how it is nonsense when that literally is how the Jets have treated kicker for years. You can disagree with it, but that is exactly what they have done.

Tags: