Author Topic: Dowell “Tough Shop” Loggains Fan Club  (Read 32890 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Dowell Loggains Fan Club
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2019, 07:40:36 AM »
Probably bodes extremely poorly for us we haven't even interviewed other OC candidates.

So even if we pass it's not like there will be good options on the market

Gase is his own OC so I'm not too worried about it.

A little concerning he wants no part of the D. People flipped their excrement on Rex for not caring about the offense and he never came out and said he wanted no part of it. Glad we got Williams though, hopefully it works.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »

A little concerning he wants no part of the D. People flipped their excrement on Rex for not caring about the offense and he never came out and said he wanted no part of it. 

I'm not concerned, because this is an offense-driven league.  I want the emphasis to be focused on the offense. 

I think the D is in good hands with Geg.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
He already made decisions about the defensive coaching staff before the GRE Williams hire was official so I think he's maintaining some kind of oversight.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2019, 04:16:10 PM »
Good thing for Darnold is he will be in the same offense for a few years. Given the Johnsons' history we're looking at at least 4 years even worst case scenario. If you have a high profile OC, someone hires him away if he's good and he gets fired if he's bad, so in our case now Darnold won't have to learn a new offense every year or two.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
I'm not concerned, because this is an offense-driven league.  I want the emphasis to be focused on the offense. 

I think the D is in good hands with Geg.

Same here.
Gase is very hands-on with the offense and QB, and is comfortable putting the defense in the hands of a proven, successful coordinator, with HC experience to boot.

Rex was hands off with the offense, but he put it in the hands of whatever Make-A-Wish kid walked into his office that year.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »

Rex was hands off with the offense, but he put it in the hands of whatever Make-A-Wish kid walked into his office that year.

In the beginning he kept Schottenheimer from the Mangini staff, then they traded up to get Sanchez and Greene in the draft, traded for Braylon Edwards early in the season, Santonio and LT the next year. Once we moved on from that and got into Sparano etc it was downhill from there.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »
In the beginning he kept Schottenheimer from the Mangini staff, then they traded up to get Sanchez and Greene in the draft, traded for Braylon Edwards early in the season, Santonio and LT the next year. Once we moved on from that and got into Sparano etc it was downhill from there.

even with all of those pieces i feel schottenheimer held the team's offense back with his 'let me outsmart the opponents by outsmarting myself' excrement. conservative, plays scared, non-sensical play calls, with no creativity, innovation, efficiency, or sense of building an offensive rhythm

after watching seattle in the playoffs it was obvious he's still doing that to his teams

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »
It is an unreasonable assessment to say the Jets aren't even bothering to interview OCs and are jsut waiting for Miami to cut hobbit instead? Which Miami will wait for as long as possible to do for thst very reason

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2019, 04:29:48 PM »
It is an unreasonable assessment to say the Jets aren't even bothering to interview OCs and are jsut waiting for Miami to cut hobbit instead? Which Miami will wait for as long as possible to do for thst very reason
And then Miami has no OC so I’m not sure that’s the best plan for them either

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
even with all of those pieces i feel schottenheimer held the team's offense back with his 'let me outsmart the opponents by outsmarting myself' excrement. conservative, plays scared, non-sensical play calls, with no creativity, innovation, efficiency, or sense of building an offensive rhythm

after watching seattle in the playoffs it was obvious he's still doing that to his teams

Yeah, he never took that next step. For a while he was considered an up and coming OC for a future head coach job. My point about Rex is he kept the continuity on O, Tannenbaum got them a bunch of players. The notion that they ignored the offense I don't buy.

Same here, let Williams run the D and let Gase focus on what he's good at.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Yeah, he never took that next step. For a while he was considered an up and coming OC for a future head coach job. My point about Rex is he kept the continuity on O, Tannenbaum got them a bunch of players. The notion that they ignored the offense I don't buy.

TBH honest he pulled a rabbit out of his derriere in '06 with the offensive personnel we had available. Too bad he never took the next step. I was honestly surprised earlier this season, when I found out he still had a job as an OC in the league.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
Miami released him and we’re expected to hire him
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »
Miami released him and we’re expected to hire him

I'll chalk this up to Loggains knowing how Gase likes his coffee...no more no less.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »
I'll chalk this up to Loggains knowing how Gase likes his cocaine...no more no less.
FYP

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
TBH honest he pulled a rabbit out of his derriere in '06 with the offensive personnel we had available. Too bad he never took the next step. I was honestly surprised earlier this season, when I found out he still had a job as an OC in the league.

In hindsight 2006 was probably more a result of a healthy Chad Pennington, who was his own OC on the field. He made a lot of coaches look better than they were.

Tags: