Author Topic: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd  (Read 32350 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
Go get Robert Quinn, Gerald McCoy/Sheldon Richardson, and Tre Flowers.  Rebuild it. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »
I wanted to trade up for Robert Quinn eight years ago. He's not the player he once was but I'll still happily take him on this roster.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »
I wanted to trade up for Robert Quinn eight years ago. He's not the player he once was but I'll still happily take him on this roster.

Quinn has played for our HC, DC, and DL coach.  I think he'll be a Jet.

Unless he shocks everyone and retires...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »
Via Cimini

The Adam Gase-Gregg Williams relationship will be scrutinized because of their strong personalities and different backgrounds, which makes this noteworthy: Williams recently was frustrated with Gase (and general manager Mike Maccagnan) because they balked at the idea of adding his son, Blake, to the coaching staff, according to a person familiar with the situation. They apparently came around, because Blake is expected to join the staff as a defensive coach, although the team hasn't announced the hiring of any position coaches.

Blake Williams, 34, spent the past two seasons as the Cleveland Browns' linebackers coach, working under his father. After the 2017 season, Gregg called him "the best young coach I've ever had on my staff." Naturally, he wants his son on the Jets' staff, but there was initial resistance and it led to some tense moments. Blake has a reputation for rubbing people the wrong way. As a St. Louis Rams assistant, he upset people in the organization by screaming at a draft prospect in a scouting-combine interview, a source said. He also was reprimanded multiple times for sitting in the wrong seat on the team bus; he kept sitting in a seat reserved for a senior member of the staff. The Rams fired him after the 2013 season.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »
Via Cimini

The Adam Gase-Gregg Williams relationship will be scrutinized because of their strong personalities and different backgrounds, which makes this noteworthy: Williams recently was frustrated with Gase (and general manager Mike Maccagnan) because they balked at the idea of adding his son, Blake, to the coaching staff, according to a person familiar with the situation. They apparently came around, because Blake is expected to join the staff as a defensive coach, although the team hasn't announced the hiring of any position coaches.

Blake Williams, 34, spent the past two seasons as the Cleveland Browns' linebackers coach, working under his father. After the 2017 season, Gregg called him "the best young coach I've ever had on my staff." Naturally, he wants his son on the Jets' staff, but there was initial resistance and it led to some tense moments. Blake has a reputation for rubbing people the wrong way. As a St. Louis Rams assistant, he upset people in the organization by screaming at a draft prospect in a scouting-combine interview, a source said. He also was reprimanded multiple times for sitting in the wrong seat on the team bus; he kept sitting in a seat reserved for a senior member of the staff. The Rams fired him after the 2013 season.

How freaking juvenile can you be? You're already fighting the perception that you're only on the staff because of daddy, you dumb freak.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2019, 09:32:05 AM »
Ugh...Gregg Williams better be worth the trouble his retarded kid sounds like he’s gonna be.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2019, 09:34:54 AM »
poopchute coaches 2019! All in!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »
We need leaders and McCoy is as good as we are gonna find.

my wife deals with him and his wife at her job all the time. the guy is a class act.

he honestly has 2 good years left imo. i wouldnt bank on anything after that as far as ELITE. but if he does get let go, you plug him in next to Leo and pray you get some edge rushers in FA.

hes not what he once was. but hes worth overpaying for 2 years of good production and having a strong veteran presence in the locker room.

plus the Bucs have never had good DB's hes done plenty of work that never got taken advantage of due to poor pass defense. but i think in a Williams type system hed be better than half the league, even at 31.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:23:42 PM by Coach K »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »
That sitting in the wrong bus seat complaint is freaking retarded. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1173789615125254145?s=21

It's not new. He calls it the "Angel" position. He did it in Cleveland too. It's usually a disaster, for the reasons you saw last night. I don't get why he keeps on using it if it doesn't do anything to prevent big gains.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2019, 01:07:28 PM »
Bart Scott just confirmed what I suspected after viewing that play a bunch of times: Neville Hewitt was supposed to cover ODB.

K

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Bart Scott just confirmed what I suspected after viewing that play a bunch of times: Neville Hewitt was supposed to cover ODB.

K

You don't get the postgames right?

Hewitt himself confirmed it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »
It's not new. He calls it the "Angel" position. He did it in Cleveland too. It's usually a disaster, for the reasons you saw last night. I don't get why he keeps on using it if it doesn't do anything to prevent big gains.
It's not new, but it's also why the idea that Marcus Maye has no blame on that play that some people were saying last night is ridiculous.

If the scheme of the defense is Neville Hewitt guarding Odell Beckham, hopefully Maye realizes that Hewitt can't actually guard Beckham, so he should provide safety help. Terrible job not even slowing OBJ down one iota.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »
It's not new, but it's also why the idea that Marcus Maye has no blame on that play that some people were saying last night is ridiculous.

If the scheme of the defense is Neville Hewitt guarding Odell Beckham, hopefully Maye realizes that Hewitt can't actually guard Beckham, so he should provide safety help. Terrible job not even slowing OBJ down one iota.

How can you provide help to a LB that got beat off the snap when you’re 30+ yards away? Not easy to close the gap on that type of player when he has a running start and an open field to run in.

Tags: