Author Topic: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams  (Read 24341 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/mattwaldman/status/1072165276505001991

Is this your king??

ha...I commented on that play in the game thread.  Nobody said anything.

I guess it was a bad camera angle too ::)
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »

Is this your king??

LOL, one play sample size dude!

BTW: Buster freaking Skrine made the tackle on that play.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »

Is this your king??

And the week before Allen ran over Myles Jack to score a TD. It's almost like he's quite good at this excrement.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
It's like you guys want to be miserable...

There is another angle of this play where you can see Leonard is still fighting off the blocker when Allen runs through. 

There's a difference between laziness and not making a difficult play.

Allen is the same size Cam Newton and you're questioning Leonard's effort because he didnt tackle him with 1 arm while Allen was running at him

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2018, 01:32:37 PM »
Leonard “Big Kat” Williams didn’t want any part of big bad Josh Allen on that TD scramble after being on the receiving end of that vicious stiff arm earlier in the game
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
All jokes aside, this article got me thinking last night. I’ve been thinking for a while now that one of the best uses of our cap space this offseason would be to sign Leo to an extension. If the FA market doesn’t produce the players we need, it would be a wise use of the extra cap. The question is how much will he get.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/jets-dont-know-which-direction-to-take-with-leonard-williams/

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
All jokes aside, this article got me thinking last night. I’ve been thinking for a while now that one of the best uses of our cap space this offseason would be to sign Leo to an extension. If the FA market doesn’t produce the players we need, it would be a wise use of the extra cap. The question is how much will he get.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/jets-dont-know-which-direction-to-take-with-leonard-williams/
Leo can ask for 17 million a year like Wilk got, but his production simply isn’t there to warrant that kind of pay. I’d bet he’s more in the $12-13 range now
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2018, 05:36:09 PM »
Say some team offers you a 2nd rounder for Leonard Williams.  Do you just take the offer, assuming that he's reached his ceiling here and will never live up to his draft status, or do you take a chance that a different defensive scheme can turn him into what he was supposed to be?

I know the Jets have more than enough cash to keep him. That's not the issue. If this production can be replaced by a mid round draft pick or a cheaper veteran like Henry Anderson, why pay him over $10 million per year? If they believe that he's been mediocre statistically because he's been miscast in the defense then that's a different story. I just hope the new regime doesn't keep him around just because he was the 6th overall pick.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:38:21 PM by bojanglesman »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
Say some team offers you a 2nd rounder for Leonard Williams.  Do you just take the offer, assuming that he's reached his ceiling here and will never live up to his draft status, or do you take a chance that a different defensive scheme can turn him into what he was supposed to be?

I know the Jets have more than enough cash to keep him. That's not the issue. If this production can be replaced by a mid round draft pick or a cheaper veteran like Henry Anderson, why pay him over $10 million per year? If they believe that he's been mediocre statistically because he's been miscast in the defense then that's a different story. I just hope the new regime doesn't keep him around just because he was the 6th overall pick.

I would take a 2nd-round pick for Leonard Williams rather than pay him market value. I would rather have the extra draft asset. They could find a replacement to do 80% of what Williams does for cheaper, and then they could reinvest the 2nd-round pick to help build the roster.

Williams will be 25 years old next year, so he's still young enough where he can improve, but he seems light he might be plateauing as a Shaun Ellis-caliber player. Ellis was a great Jet and a very good starter for a while, but we were hoping for more from the new Big Cat when we drafted him.

We do have to start spending money somewhere, and as long as Williams doesn't need a boatload of money, he's certainly a fine player to keep, but I'd rather take my chances in a trade and free agency.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »
This thread is derriere.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »

No. Why would you trade a good established player? We're supposed to be getting help for players like Leo, not trading him because the lack of help is making him look worse than he is.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »

It depends entirely on what the new regime thinks of him. If they want him you keep him and pay him. If the new group thinks he is overvalued and we can get similar production from a cheaper player, take the asset and try and build the offense.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2018, 10:41:09 PM »
No. Why would you trade a good established player? We're supposed to be getting help for players like Leo, not trading him because the lack of help is making him look worse than he is.

It’s not in a vacuum. He’s due a big contract. The question here is he worth the contract he will command for his production on the field.

I think we should extend him, as long as he’s paid fairly- market value. Mega deal would scare me off. We shouldn’t be in the business of getting rid of our good players, we only have a few right now.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
PFF NY Jets

#Jets Leonard Williams currently has 44 QB pressures which is the 8th most among DI’s through Week 14! #JetUp

Tags: