Author Topic: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams  (Read 24342 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 12:53:33 AM »
The video last week didn't bother me that much. This one is worse. If Jenkins or Anderson is able to slow him down, Leo would have had a chance to make the stop. He probably isn't going to catch Allen without help, but it's still pathetic effort.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »
Again, haven't watched much of this season, but are we at the point where we think Williams is at the Wilkerson level of effort?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
Again, haven't watched much of this season, but are we at the point where we think Williams is at the Wilkerson level of effort?
No.  I select few are trying to get there though based on watching select clips

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
There's something called camera angles, and they can deceive you. Williams is nowhere as near Allen as it looks in that video. He's probably 5 or 6 yards away and Allen is way faster.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »

I’ve seen Wilkerson flop into an Offensive Lineman and fall down with more effort than that play
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:49 AM »
Even if you forgive the distance thanks to camera angles, I don't see how anyone can support Williams on that one in terms of effort. He clearly gave zero effort and I can't believe we can't all find common ground on at least that.

Watch Henry Anderson on that play. That's effort.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Even if you forgive the distance thanks to camera angles, I don't see how anyone can support Williams on that one in terms of effort. He clearly gave zero effort and I can't believe we can't all find common ground on at least that.

Watch Henry Anderson on that play. That's effort.

He's too far, there was no way he could reach Allen. Imagine he was on the other side of the field. Well, it's the same. It's not about running just for the sake of running.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
He's too far, there was no way he could reach Allen. Imagine he was on the other side of the field. Well, it's the same. It's not about running just for the sake of running.

He was next to Anderson. Anderson shed blocks and got to Allen's feet. I don't care if Williams doesn't make the play. I care that there are 9.5* other guys running around the field in green jerseys on that play and one making a business decision.

*Williamson gave up on that play too, but not as early as Leo did.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2018, 12:25:16 PM »
He was next to Anderson. Anderson shed blocks and got to Allen's feet. I don't care if Williams doesn't make the play. I care that there are 9.5* other guys running around the field in green jerseys on that play and one making a business decision.

*Williamson gave up on that play too, but not as early as Leo did.

And what good it is to run and get to someone's feet? Is there a stat for that?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »
And what good it is to run and get to someone's feet? Is there a stat for that?

Why would there need to be a stat for that?

Henry Anderson put in an effort and at least made contact with Allen. Leonard Williams took the play off because who cares if Allen scores there, right?

I wonder if Jamal Adams has no problem with what happened on that play.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
Sports is not about running just for the sake of it. I know it looks better if you do, but if it's pointless, why tire yourself out? Williams looked like a bum for not running, would it have made a difference? No. Was actually better in the long run that he didn't run? Quite likely.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »
After rewatching this clip, it looks like Williams was going the other way at the snap and had to fight through to get back to that point. I think I'll let him judge how much the dive would have been worth at that point.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2018, 07:14:28 AM »
One play sample size... where we don’t even get the whole play. Hell for all we know he just got gut punched by the OL and the wind knocked out of him and couldn’t breathe well enough to move.

But of course carry on assuming he’s a piece of white hot lazy trash. I’ll believe it when Adams starts calling him out.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2018, 08:28:47 AM »
I suppose it could've been worse.  We could've passed on Leo for Kevin White.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: