Author Topic: Lolpackers  (Read 18173 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Lolpackers
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
Do you think Cousins was worth the 90 mil guaranteed he received?  Was he really good or did he suffer too many concussions?

I'll wait.

Cousins was an UFA on the open market. And considering the alternative to get a QB is either suck your way into a top draft pick or trade all your picks, I think it was an excellent value for Minnesota.

Had the Jets not gotten lucky as freak with Darnold falling to 3, yes I think it would've been worth it for the Jets as well to keep our two 2nd rounders and pay Cousins 90 million guaranteed

Darnold will not be a UFA on the open market. We have a 5th year rookie option, and the franchise tag to hold over his head. So Darnold will not have the leverage Cousin's had for his monster payday. You're comparing very different circumstances. Regardless Darnold would not be looking at Rodgers money unless he's playing elite football. Or salary cap inflation goes out of control

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
Cousins was an UFA on the open market. And considering the alternative to get a QB is either suck your way into a top draft pick or trade all your picks, I think it was an excellent value for Minnesota.

Had the Jets not gotten lucky as freak with Darnold falling to 3, yes I think it would've been worth it for the Jets as well to keep our two 2nd rounders and pay Cousins 90 million guaranteed

Darnold will not be a UFA on the open market. We have a 5th year rookie option, and the franchise tag to hold over his head. So Darnold will not have the leverage Cousin's had for his monster payday. You're comparing very different circumstances. Regardless Darnold would not be looking at Rodgers money unless he's playing elite football. Or salary cap inflation goes out of control

No, you said Darnold would command Rodgers money if he were insanely good or loaded with concussions.

Cousins was a UFA, but is still in Rodgers' neighborhood for guaranteed cash, and he's nowhere near as good. 

Anyway...i don't have time to shrink my cerebrum in order to argue with you today.  So i'll bow out now.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:37 PM »
Important news from Packers RB Aaron Jones: https://twitter.com/Showtyme_33/status/1218313720637640705?s=19

I would like to officially announce that I will not be playing in the NFC championship game Sunday because Aaron Hernandez destroy my bootyhole and i cannot walk let alone play football #FreeBillCosby

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 06:34:21 PM »
Someone probably already got some phone calls from legal.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 09:50:05 PM »
That guy has a promising career posting here when his playing days are over.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
 · 23m
I have some news: Packers PR has alerted us that Robert Tonyan’s last name is pronounced “Tunyan,” as in rhyming with “Funion.” Apparently he just didn’t feel like correcting anybody the last two years.

Robert "Bismo Funions"
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 06:25:48 PM »
Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Aaron Rodgers sure sounded like a guy saying goodbye.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 06:37:49 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »
Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Aaron Rodgers sure sounded like a guy saying goodbye.
That fucker needs to stay in the NFC.  Preferably somewhere in Asia or Russia NFC.  Way the freak over there. 

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
 · 23m
I have some news: Packers PR has alerted us that Robert Tonyan’s last name is pronounced “Tunyan,” as in rhyming with “Funion.” Apparently he just didn’t feel like correcting anybody nobody in the media gave enough of a excrement about him to ask the last two years.

Robert "Bismo Funions"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 07:16:04 PM »
That fucker needs to stay in the NFC.  Preferably somewhere in Asia or Russia NFC.  Way the freak over there. 

I think the likeliest thing is he'll retire. I just can't see him wanting to go somewhere else.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »
I think the likeliest thing is he'll retire. I just can't see him wanting to go somewhere else.

He might want to go play for the 49ers
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »
He might want to go play for the 49ers

Honestly I don't know, he's always seemed like a slightly odd dude.

Maybe he'll threaten to retire and then they'll trade him to us. I would be OK with that.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »
Honestly I don't know, he's always seemed like a slightly odd dude.

Maybe he'll threaten to retire and then they'll trade him to us. I would be OK with that.

I'd hate it less than Favre but we're further away from competent now than we were with that trade so it makes even less sense.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »
I'd hate it less than Favre but we're further away from competent now than we were with that trade so it makes even less sense.

It makes very little sense but if they're going to let us have AA-Rod for a conditional 4th I'm not saying no.

Tags: