Author Topic: Craft beer  (Read 117953 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Craft beer
« Reply #975 on: July 08, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
Crowlers are dope
It is nice.  Keep for longer than growlers.  Not that it's an issue with me.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #976 on: August 24, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
Falcons will sell $5 craft beers at their regular-season games - starting Sept. 16 against the Panthers - and any home playoff games, per @darrenrovell.

https://t.co/CcGIxZPaTj

Dammit Woody......why can't we have nice things too?

It's ok we have $5 value Bud Lights.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #977 on: August 27, 2018, 03:09:48 PM »
New beer hotel with in-room beer taps and shower beer fridges now open.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beer-hotel-room-beer-taps-shower-beer-fridges-115723848.html

I'd say we could make this an away tailgate destination for a Bengals, Colts, or Browns game, but we'd clearly be too drunk to make the game.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #978 on: September 09, 2018, 10:35:58 PM »
Oxbow Brewing's Magenta is my beer of the summer. This excrement is amazing - I'd say that Oxbow (sours/farmhouse ales/saisons) and Austin Street(American/NE IPAs) are holding up the standard for interesting craft breweries out of this part of the country (this part of the country I basically just mean Maine).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:44:21 PM by ons »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #979 on: September 10, 2018, 08:36:23 PM »
There's a monkey on it.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #980 on: November 13, 2018, 07:07:46 PM »
Badger just sent me a txt, Rattle n Hum on 33rd is closing on Nov 25. I haven’t been there in quite awhile but what a sad occurrence. Not just a great bar, and one of OG craft bars in the city, but was basically our stomping ground when we first got off tgg and started our own site. Shitty news, RIP RnH.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #981 on: November 16, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »
Just hanging out with my small aluminum sons.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #982 on: November 16, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
I'm heading to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City for vacation. There's four breweries in each city waiting for me to visit.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #983 on: November 16, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »
I'm heading to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City for vacation. There's four breweries in each city waiting for me to visit.
Maybe free some POWs while you’re there too
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #984 on: November 17, 2018, 12:41:45 AM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #985 on: November 17, 2018, 02:44:28 AM »

Why am I not watching this in the airport?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #986 on: November 21, 2018, 02:01:39 AM »
If you for whatever reason see these breweries on tap in the States:

1. Pasteur Street Brewing
2. Heart of Darkness Brewing
3. Winking Seal
4. Bia Craft

Will update if Furbrew and Turtle Lake Brewing are worth anything.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #987 on: July 13, 2019, 10:25:01 PM »
My fun craft beer story of the summer:

Last year the restaurant I work at had a staff party at a blueberry farm I own with my family up in the middle of nowhere, Maine. As part of the party we went down and visited Oxbow'sfermentation barn. My family had just severed our contract with the people who were harvesting blueberries for us, after they lost us money for the last two years, and we had several tons of blueberries going to waste on the farm. At the end of the tour, I invited the people at Oxbow over to the farm, and since they make a blueberry sour beer, I asked if they wanted to harvest as many blueberries as they could and use them however they wanted. They came over the next week, got into a fight with my grandmother, and apparently harvested a lot of berries.

Almost a year later, after a lot of elusive answers about whatever happened to those berries, I was given three cases of pint bottles of Slowmotion, a blend of a wild wine they made using my berries and a farmhouse saison from the brewery Brouwerij Lane, in Brooklyn.

Long story short, the wife is out of town, and I'm pretty wasted

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #988 on: July 14, 2019, 01:42:37 AM »
My fun craft beer story of the summer:

Last year the restaurant I work at had a staff party at a blueberry farm I own with my family up in the middle of nowhere, Maine. As part of the party we went down and visited Oxbow'sfermentation barn. My family had just severed our contract with the people who were harvesting blueberries for us, after they lost us money for the last two years, and we had several tons of blueberries going to waste on the farm. At the end of the tour, I invited the people at Oxbow over to the farm, and since they make a blueberry sour beer, I asked if they wanted to harvest as many blueberries as they could and use them however they wanted. They came over the next week, got into a fight with my grandmother, and apparently harvested a lot of berries.

Almost a year later, after a lot of elusive answers about whatever happened to those berries, I was given three cases of pint bottles of Slowmotion, a blend of a wild wine they made using my berries and a farmhouse saison from the brewery Brouwerij Lane, in Brooklyn.

Long story short, the wife is out of town, and I'm pretty wasted
Hahaha, that’s great.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #989 on: August 02, 2019, 03:10:20 PM »

Still the king.