Author Topic: Tank Watch  (Read 164875 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: Tank Watch
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:28 AM »
The Bills and the Browns each have 2 first round picks in next years' draft.  Let's hope we don't have to trade up, because there's a solid chance we'll be outbid.

I forgot about Cleveland having two 1st... how do they always have so many damn picks.

Maybe Cleveland gets the 2nd pick and is happy with Rosen?

But yeah, the best chance the Jets have at getting Darnold (or Rosen) is securing that 1st or 2nd pick themselves. Next 3 weeks will be huge.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
The Bills and the Browns each have 2 first round picks in next years' draft.  Let's hope we don't have to trade up, because there's a solid chance we'll be outbid.

This is the problem with hoping for the tank this year (or any year).  Unless there are 2-3 elite QB prospects, the Jets HAVE to finish dead last.  Otherwise they will likely be outbid for the number one spot.  Right now it's Darnold and then a dropoff.  If he even comes out.  Don't know what Rosen is yet.

I just don't think the Jets are the worst team this year.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:50:47 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
This is the problem with hoping for the tank this year (or any year).  Unless there are 2-3 elite QB prospects, the Jets HAVE to finish dead last.  Otherwise they will likely be outbid for the number one spot.  Right now it's Darnold and then a dropoff.  If he even comes out.  Don't know what Rosen is yet.

I just don't think the Jets are the worst team this year.

Our tank is clearly dependent on how long McCown lasts before getting injured (and he will...he's pushing 40).  I'm surprised he's lasted this long behind our oline.

I think the Jets are in the bottom 3 for shittiest teams in the league. 

EDIT:  Also...our sched is ridiculous.  Playing the NFC south this year will help the tank.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Our tank is clearly dependent on how long McCown lasts before getting injured (and he will...he's pushing 40).  I'm surprised he's lasted this long behind our oline.

I think the Jets are in the bottom 3 for shittiest teams in the league. 

EDIT:  Also...our sched is ridiculous.  Playing the NFC south this year will help the tank.

We have a stretch of 3 games that are all winnable coming up.  Of course, all losable too.  After that, it's a beast with the exception of Miami and Buffalo again. 

I think we aren't in the discussion for # 1 overall unless the Jets win at most 2 games.  As tough as the schedule is, there are about 5 winnable games left.  And there's always the possibility of sneaking a win against a team like the Chargers. 

I'm just going to keep pulling for the Jets to keep fighting and showing signs of improvement, regardless of the score or number of wins.  I really don't want to see a team with 3-4 wins that is mailing it in at the end of the season. Hoping for the perfect scenario to get Darnold is a pipe dream.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 09:23:35 AM »
1. We don't need the #1

2. We won't get the #1

3. There are at least 2, prolly 3 better QBs than the next Mark Sanchez from USC

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:24 AM »
1. We don't need the #1

2. We won't get the #1

3. There are at least 2, prolly 3 better QBs than the next Mark Sanchez from USC

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

thanks for your uninformed opinion.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »

Name them then.  Willing to bet that you can't.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »
We have a stretch of 3 games that are all winnable coming up.

I'm curious what you've seen in the first two weeks that makes you think that this team is capable of winning an NFL game.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
I'm curious what you've seen in the first two weeks that makes you think that this team is capable of winning an NFL game.

Blake Bortles can certainly lose a game for Jacksonville.  Cleveland's QB situation is murky as well.

Those are the only two games that I see us potentially winning and even those will be tough ones for us. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
Blake Bortles can certainly lose a game for Jacksonville.  Cleveland's QB situation is murky as well.

Those are the only two games that I see us potentially winning and even those will be tough ones for us. 

Sure, but both of those teams have good defenses that will cause our line real problems. So far we have all been pleasantly surprised that the Jets' offense isn't quite as bad as we expected or feared it was going to be, but at the same time it has only produced anything for short periods of the first two games and shown an inability to respond to defensive adjustments.

NFL history will tell us that the chances are pretty good of us running into a team at some point in the season who has a really bad day all around and makes a couple of critically timed errors that we manage to capitalise on, but I can't look at any of the games on our schedule and tell you that I think we have a chance of winning them without a huge amount of help from the opposition. The idea of winning three on the bounce is comical.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »

The offense looked competent against a good defense last week.  As bad as the run defense is, at least it was against elite running backs with very good offensive lines.  Special teams has been pretty good minus Kalif Raymond, who is out on his derriere now. 

By winnable, I mean that we have a decent chance.  Not that we are favored.  Particularly against the Jags and Browns.  Us playing the Falcons or Pats is not winnable.  I'm certainly not saying we have a good chance to win all 3.  Both have shittier QB situations that ours right now.  You never know what you are going to get with Cutler.  He might excrement the bed or pick us apart.   

I'm not pretending the Jets are an average team. But Cleveland and the Jags are not good at all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:05:11 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »
The offense looked competent against a good defense last week.  As bad as the run defense is, at least it was against elite running backs with very good offensive lines.  Special teams has been pretty good minus Kalif Raymond, who is out on his derriere now. 

By winnable, I mean that we have a decent chance.  Not that we are favored.  Particularly against the Jags and Browns.  Us playing the Falcons or Pats is not winnable.  I'm certainly not saying we have a good chance to win all 3.  Both have shittier QB situations that ours right now.  You never know what you are going to get with Cutler.  He might excrement the bed or pick us apart.   

I'm not pretending the Jets are an average team. But Cleveland and the Jags are not good at all.

the Jags ran Fournette thru a formidable Texans D on the road.  They're not gonna win a superbowl this year, but the Jags are in better shape than us.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
the Jags ran Fournette thru a formidable Texans D on the road.  They're not gonna win a superbowl this year, but the Jags are in better shape than us.

The Jets held Lynch in check this past week.  He didn't beat them, the other RBs did.  Fournette can be stopped.  Or not, we'll see.

Overall, yeah they are a better team.  QB has a way of freaking things up for the whole team though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:26:45 AM by bojanglesman »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »
Just because teams are better than us doesn't mean we can't beat them. The Jets can absolutely beat the Browns, Jaguars, Bills, and Dolphins. They will be underdogs in all of those games, but that doesn't mean they can't pull out a win or two. Even against one of the tougher opponents we'll face, it's not impossible. There have been bigger upsets.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »
I'm hanging my hat on this; I can't see anything to even be remotely confident about a win.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Tags: