Author Topic: Tank Watch  (Read 164886 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Tank Watch
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
If he plays well and is on track to be the number 1 overall pick, he'd be the dumbest man in America to stay in school unless he's one of those people who want to finish school for the academic part.  Inherently the team picking #1 sucks. Waiting another year is almost all downside.  Could get hurt, could play poorly, could risk all that and still get drafted by the Jets in 2019.

I get all that, he heard or read somewhere that Darnold has said he doesn't want to come here. I've not seen that here or anywhere else, so I'm hoping he's mistaken. He listens to a lot of sports radio, which could be the problem.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:08 PM »
Eat a dick, comb your mustache, and try on shoes.

1. Jump on a plate.
2. Nah I just trimmed it.
3. Wearing sneakers.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »
I get all that, he heard or read somewhere that Darnold has said he doesn't want to come here. I've not seen that here or anywhere else, so I'm hoping he's mistaken. He listens to a lot of sports radio, which could be the problem.

Schefter reported that he would stay in school, he mentioned the Jets with a #1 pick and playing in Florham Park. The Jets weren't specifically mentioned by a player the report it was Schefter being a huge queynte and just guessing....you know the usual Jets bashing.

If Darnold doesn't want to play for the Jets that would be a first. Peyton not picking the Jets was because of Parcells ego not the Jets specifically.

Basically, if Darnold doesn't want to play in New York, than he's a giant freaking moron and I hope he ruins his shoulder the first game of his pro career.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:17:31 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »
Schefter's stuff came on top of an interview Darnold did a few weeks back where he refused to be drawn on whether he intended to declare in 2018, so of course the talking heads turned it into "DARNOLD WILL STAY IN SCHOOL TO AVOID BEING DRAFTED BY THE JETS".

On the same topic, did anyone else see Manish's latest missive? Even by his desperately low standards, the quality of writing here is astonishingly bad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/49ers-steal-usc-qb-sam-darnold-jets-2018-draft-article-1.3503404
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »
Thanks.

This is why I just watch the games now and don't get wrapped up in this excrement.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »
Schefter's stuff came on top of an interview Darnold did a few weeks back where he refused to be drawn on whether he intended to declare in 2018, so of course the talking heads turned it into "DARNOLD WILL STAY IN SCHOOL TO AVOID BEING DRAFTED BY THE JETS".

On the same topic, did anyone else see Manish's latest missive? Even by his desperately low standards, the quality of writing here is astonishingly bad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/49ers-steal-usc-qb-sam-darnold-jets-2018-draft-article-1.3503404

Holy cow that might possibly be the single worst written article I have ever read in a major paper. That was even worse than the tripe Serbe writes.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »
https://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/9/19/16334904/espn-gives-the-jets-a-40-chance-of-getting-top-overall-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft

While having a 40% chance of getting the 1st overall pick is exceptional (all things considering), their point that the chances are 60% that the Jets wont get the first overall pick is depressing.

The thought of the Jets getting a QB with the potential to be a franchise QB is what makes this season bearable

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »
There is a zero percent chance the Jets finish with the worst record this year.  Can't hang your hat on the tank.  This team is trying and the offense, by some miracle, isn't historically bad.  I just don't think the defense can continue being gashed by the run this bad, especially seeing that we faces 2 of the best RBs in the league in 2 weeks.

The Jets will find 4 wins and it won't be enough for number 1 overall.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 12:33:12 AM »
There is a zero percent chance the Jets finish with the worst record this year.  Can't hang your hat on the tank.  This team is trying and the offense, by some miracle, isn't historically bad.  I just don't think the defense can continue being gashed by the run this bad, especially seeing that we faces 2 of the best RBs in the league in 2 weeks.

we have some extra ammunition to move up if it came down to this

i don't know how the value pans out, but a top 2-4 pick and 2 2nd rounders could be enough to move up to the top spot in theory, if there is a guy we really want

i just don't see us making a move like that with all the holes we have on the team

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
The Chargers are not a good team.  If they dump some old dead weight and stockpile picks in the 2018 draft, they could be in a position to Tank for Darnold 2019.

I'm not in his head, but that seems like an attractive option for him.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 04:11:47 AM »

Oh god this is depressing. The Jets being the Jets this is a very likely outcome.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2017, 04:45:56 AM »

They just need one game where the wheels fall off to break their spirit. It's coming.  Remember, despite trying and not being as bad we thought they still never really had a shot in either.game so.far.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2017, 07:03:22 AM »
I have a hypothetical for you guys- lets say the Jets finish 4-12 with the 4th pick, the Bears land the 1st overall pick and a clearly looking to move down. What would you give up to move up to that pick?

2018 1st, 2nd
2019 1st, 3rd

The most recent trade to the 1st overall pick was the Rams and Titans in 2016.

Rams gave up:
2016 1st (15), 2nd, 2nd, 3rd
2017, 1st, 3rd

Rams received:
2016 1st (1), 4th, 6th

Tbh, I'd definitely do that for Darnold... I think he'll be the next top 3-4 QB a la Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees. We'd still have a complete draft this year too.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »
I have a hypothetical for you guys- lets say the Jets finish 4-12 with the 4th pick, the Bears land the 1st overall pick and a clearly looking to move down. What would you give up to move up to that pick?

2018 1st, 2nd
2019 1st, 3rd

The most recent trade to the 1st overall pick was the Rams and Titans in 2016.

Rams gave up:
2016 1st (15), 2nd, 2nd, 3rd
2017, 1st, 3rd

Rams received:
2016 1st (1), 4th, 6th

Tbh, I'd definitely do that for Darnold... I think he'll be the next top 3-4 QB a la Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees. We'd still have a complete draft this year too.

The Bills and the Browns each have 2 first round picks in next years' draft.  Let's hope we don't have to trade up, because there's a solid chance we'll be outbid.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: