Author Topic: President Mal  (Read 102766 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: President Mal
« Reply #780 on: November 18, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
Dcm I understand your perspective but I think your viewpoint is one that is is relevant if the trade happens but not as a possibility we should be asking for.

Most first round picks dont turn into probowlers let alone all pro players.  If a team gives us a top 10 pick and 2 2nd rounders so be it. But replacing Jamal is too difficult to do to trade.  Even if safety isnt as important as o line

And most QB's end up as bust.

Darnold looked like a young inexperienced franchise QB last year. This year we gave him a bunch of clowns and he looks like Sanchez.

If we're not going to surround him with quality pieces and set him up for success we might as well start hyping up whatever QB is coming out in 2025 or 26.

Robbie Anderson is freaking terrible. Demaryius Thomas is borderline crippled. Our offensive line looks like a pile of excrement held together with glue and yarn. And our 13+ million dollar running back is giving us running numbers that would embarrass most UDFA.

Darnold has absolutely nothing around him. The expectation that we're gonna trade some 7tb round picks and draft his key players in the 4th or 5th rounds is laughable.

This offense is devoid of good players. Either fix that fast or risk him becoming the Samchez

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #781 on: November 18, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
And I'm not suggesting that you just give Adams away. You trade him it's because a team is desperate and is willing to give up a heaping bounty.

Jalen Ramsey got 2 late 1st rounders and a 4th.

Because Adams contract situation, leadership, and age, I think he can get more than that. A mid 1st, and two 2nds for Adams and a 4th or something is the kind of value I think he can get.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #782 on: November 18, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »
And I'm not suggesting that you just give Adams away. You trade him it's because a team is desperate and is willing to give up a heaping bounty.

Jalen Ramsey got 2 late 1st rounders and a 4th.

Because Adams contract situation, leadership, and age, I think he can get more than that. A mid 1st, and two 2nds for Adams and a 4th or something is the kind of value I think he can get.
Ramsey plays a premium position.

I love having Adams on this team, but I’ll admit, I do agree with some of the points you’re making. Darnold should be priority number 1.

Derek Smalls is right about one thing, this isn’t going to get fixed in one offseason regardless if they decide to trade Adams.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #783 on: November 18, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »
Ramsey plays a premium position.

I love having Adams on this team, but I’ll admit, I do agree with some of the points you’re making. Darnold should be priority number 1.

Derek Smalls is right about one thing, this isn’t going to get fixed in one offseason regardless if they decide to trade Adams.

He does

But he's also a malcontent headcase who got into a fight with his coach and only is under contract for one more year for 14 million.

Adams on the other hand is a role model, team leader, playing for pennies next year, has a nonguarenteed 5th year option and a very affordable franchise tag after that.

I mean who knows what other teams will think. But Adams contract situation significantly adds to his value. That can't be understated enough. A win now team that's cap strapped could afford to give up assets for a stud that won't have significant cap ramifications allowing them to make other win now moves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #784 on: November 18, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
He does

But he's also a malcontent headcase who got into a fight with his coach and only is under contract for one more year for 14 million.

Adams on the other hand is a role model, team leader, playing for pennies next year, has a nonguarenteed 5th year option and a very affordable franchise tag after that.

I mean who knows what other teams will think. But Adams contract situation significantly adds to his value. That can't be understated enough. A win now team that's cap strapped could afford to give up assets for a stud that won't have significant cap ramifications allowing them to make other win now moves.
If someone blows Douglas away with an offer he can’t refuse...sure, then it’s good business. But I don’t think Adams should be shopped around. The guy wants to be here and is playing out of his mind. The fanbase is already on the cusp of jumping ship...why stoke that fire if you don’t have to?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #785 on: November 18, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »
Don’t understand the fear of paying Maye and Adams. They’ll make like 25 million a year combined, MAYBE 30 million

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #786 on: November 18, 2019, 08:56:02 PM »
If someone blows Douglas away with an offer he can’t refuse...sure, then it’s good business. But I don’t think Adams should be shopped around. The guy wants to be here and is playing out of his mind. The fanbase is already on the cusp of jumping ship...why stoke that fire if you don’t have to?

Well fortunately Adams was already shopped.

So teams will reach out and inquire. Allowing us to shop him without shopping him

And if he doesn't like it, well at least the draft is months before the season starts

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #787 on: November 18, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
Don’t understand the fear of paying Maye and Adams. They’ll make like 25 million a year combined, MAYBE 30 million

That's 13 to 15% of the whole teams salary cap. On safety.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #788 on: November 19, 2019, 03:38:13 AM »
That's 13 to 15% of the whole teams salary cap. On safety.
And it would be one of the most quality units in the NFL.

If we had a fantastic team and a ton of young players we had to resign, it would make sense to reallocate resources. But we dont. And if we wanted a proven player to replace Maye in FA, it probably wouldn't cost that much less.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #789 on: November 19, 2019, 04:51:57 AM »
And it would be one of the most quality units in the NFL.

If we had a fantastic team and a ton of young players we had to resign, it would make sense to reallocate resources. But we dont. And if we wanted a proven player to replace Maye in FA, it probably wouldn't cost that much less.

Of the starting 22 positions, safety is probably near the bottom of the list as most impactful. Investing big money in one is one thing, but two, seems questionable

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #790 on: November 19, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »
Of the starting 22 positions, safety is probably near the bottom of the list as most impactful. Investing big money in one is one thing, but two, seems questionable
The alternative is if we keep letting players go for picks and sign their replacements in free agency we’re going to get gouged for cap space anyway. Normally you try to fill these gaps in your roster with draft picks but history has shown that we’ve been dogshit at doing that.

Maye is a nice player but he won’t command a huge salary. Jamal is going to be the highest paid safety when he signs, but you hope they work some cap magic to spread out the hit.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #791 on: November 19, 2019, 10:34:56 AM »
Jamal is more than just an average safety anyway. To not pay him because he's a safety is madness.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #792 on: November 19, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
To me the issue was always about paying a guy an exorbitant amount of money when he doesn't want to be here. Or going through the process of having a malcontent on the team while we hold onto his rights because you can't let elite talent like Adams pass through your franchise without recouping significant assets if you've crossed that point of no return. I don't like how Adams handled the deadline, but I've maintained since it happened that this isn't a situation that cannot be overcome, like say Trent Williams in Washington. Joe Douglas did nothing besides what I would expect any competent NFL general manager to do.

If he wants to be here, is willing to be on board for the continued rebuild and will sign on the dotted line, even if its a deal (and it will be) that guarantees he's the highest paid safety in the NFL, pay him and don't look back. You can't run your franchise thinking that you're incapable of finding the other pieces you need without sacrificing a potential cornerstone to do so. Have faith in this new regime that they can actually find talent in the mid-rounds because you have no other choice. The fact is, this is not a team that is in a position to have to worry about how they're going to hand this guy and that guy a second contract, because most of the talent level sucks. Our biggest FA coming up in the off-season is a receiver that's likely going to have to settle for a one-year prove it deal.

And if you don't have that faith in your front office to begin with, why be on board with trading a sure thing for lottery tickets if you don't think the scouting department and front office can utilize those tickets and maximize their value?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #793 on: November 19, 2019, 11:16:56 AM »
It's embarrassing that a thread about this team's best player was injected with concentrated AIDS.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #794 on: November 19, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
It's embarrassing that a thread about this team's best player was injected with concentrated AIDS.

But I don't blame a lot of people who were ready to move on on deadline day when his team is leaking to ESPN that he'd love to play in Dallas.

He didn't handle it maturely, or well at all for that matter . He's also 24 years old so maybe he gets a mulligan. As long as the relationship can be salvaged to where we aren't offering a major investment towards someone who doesn't want to be here, by all means, keep him.

I mean if Dallas was willing to give up Zach Martin, I still think you do it. The development of the most important player on the team dictates that you make that move. 

Tags: