Author Topic: President Mal  (Read 102763 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: President Mal
« Reply #660 on: October 30, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
I'm no gambler, but it does seem like both sides want to move on. And his value is peaked because of his current contract flexibility

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #661 on: October 30, 2019, 08:00:31 PM »
Sounds like a joke, more than anything.

You dont think the players know the media are assclowns, either?
The next line in the article said that Hughes wasn't sure if Bell was joking or not.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #662 on: October 30, 2019, 09:00:12 PM »
The next line in the article said that Hughes wasn't sure if Bell was joking or not.

Uttuh disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #663 on: October 30, 2019, 09:01:08 PM »
Let’s just go the Patriots way and end this excrement. Draft and sign only white players from now on

Braxton Berrios is enough
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #664 on: October 31, 2019, 05:07:56 AM »
What is he, 23 years old?  Just because he's a really good player doesn't mean he isn't also immature like the rest of us were at that age.  I have a tendency to forget that players with elite talent aren't necessarily mentally mature.  They are still kids.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #665 on: October 31, 2019, 05:15:15 AM »
All in all I think Joe Douglas did a terrible job explaining the situation to the public. 

I was taught to listen to all phone calls - good
We didnt get the value we were looking for - ehh
Jamal and maye are tradable, Sam is not - seriously?

I hope he did a better job explaining why he took offers to Jamal.  It's really simple, I need to listen to teams because if someone is willing to give me 5x your value o need to take it.  Sam is our future and he is getting killed out there.  If someone is giving me a kings ransom that allows me to set up Sam and this team for success I need to do it.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #666 on: October 31, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Jesus freaking Christ, the Jets, particularly Douglas, did nothing wrong here. It would be malfeasance on his part not to 1.)Listen to offers 2.) Counter with what it would take to make a deal. That's what any GM worth their salt should do.

Jamal isn't Ed Reed, not the least of which that whiny queynte tried to facilitate his derriere going to Dallas. This Twitter social media cuntery he's doing is damage control by him and his agent. Shut the freak up and play, I don't need to see or hear him the rest of the season.

I am tired of this whole Jets thing right now. They do notdo their job, they get burned, they do, do their job, they get burned. Maybe Douglas will luck into a decent draft, he simply can't be worse than Duff and Idzik, can he?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #667 on: October 31, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
Jesus freaking Christ, the Jets, particularly Douglas, did nothing wrong here. It would be malfeasance on his part not to 1.)Listen to offers 2.) Counter with what it would take to make a deal. That's what any GM worth their salt should do.

Jamal isn't Ed Reed, not the least of which that whiny queynte tried to facilitate his derriere going to Dallas. This Twitter social media cuntery he's doing is damage control by him and his agent. Shut the freak up and play, I don't need to see or hear him the rest of the season.

I am tired of this whole Jets thing right now. They do notdo their job, they get burned, they do, do their job, they get burned. Maybe Douglas will luck into a decent draft, he simply can't be worse than Duff and Idzik, can he?

Not sure if you are responding to me, but I have no problem with Joe Douglas did.  To your point, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't field those calls.

My point was that his communication with the media in his press conference was not great.  He wasn't clear, he wasn't confident, he didn't push the narrative in his favor.  It is not the end of the world, but if you decide to discuss what occurred in public you better be able to communicate it well to the New York media.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #668 on: October 31, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
Jamal just has to shut up and play at this point. Can't say it enough, get off the field on 3rd down, win a couple games, then tell me what you're worth. I understand his effort and talent, understand he's not the problem on the field, but he alone clearly isn't a solution either. How much is that worth? He could help his case the most by stopping someone before the sticks on 3rd down. Start there.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #669 on: October 31, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »
Not sure if you are responding to me, but I have no problem with Joe Douglas did.  To your point, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't field those calls.

My point was that his communication with the media in his press conference was not great.  He wasn't clear, he wasn't confident, he didn't push the narrative in his favor.  It is not the end of the world, but if you decide to discuss what occurred in public you better be able to communicate it well to the New York media.

Nope just a general response, I would quote you directly and tell you to freak yourself, ask MB. Hahaha
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #670 on: October 31, 2019, 11:17:12 AM »
...ask MB. Hahaha

He's out on the ledge if you need him.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #671 on: October 31, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
He's out on the ledge if you need him.

Please pass him a message for me?

"Go ahead and jump".

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #672 on: October 31, 2019, 11:41:22 AM »
What is he, 23 years old?  Just because he's a really good player doesn't mean he isn't also immature like the rest of us were at that age.  I have a tendency to forget that players with elite talent aren't necessarily mentally mature.  They are still kids.

This is what it really comes down to, and follows along the point I was trying to make yesterday. We're a bunch of grown-derriere men on a message board and we pee and moan louder than this every week.

Douglas did his job. Adams has to come to terms with that. But it may take a couple of days and a private talking to by someone like Bell. Big deal.

Hopefully, he sits down with Gase and Douglas in the next day or two and gets it all off his chest and they all move on with Adams here long-term.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #673 on: October 31, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »
This is what it really comes down to, and follows along the point I was trying to make yesterday. We're a bunch of grown-derriere men on a message board and we pee and moan louder than this every week.

Douglas did his job. Adams has to come to terms with that. But it may take a couple of days and a private talking to by someone like Bell. Big deal.

Hopefully, he sits down with Gase and Douglas in the next day or two and gets it all off his chest and they all move on with Adams here long-term.

I was saying this yesterday. I was kind of that guy at 24, you cool off over a few days and then people can talk sense with you. Add to that he is a star athlete who can probably count on his fingers all the times in his life he didn't completely get his way.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
the last few pages of this thread is full blown aids

Tags: