Author Topic: President Mal  (Read 102765 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: President Mal
« Reply #600 on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
Jets fans:

2017: drafting Adams and Maye with back to back premium picks was a good decision

2019: safeties are replaceable, trade them both!

Taking back to back safeties was a dumb decision.  I don't know who claimed it was a good one.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #601 on: October 30, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
I'm getting really tired of hearing how replaceable the safety position is. The best freaking player on the entire defense is a safety and he's all over the field on every play. I'd argue the 3rd best player on defense is also a safety, with only Mosley between them and a wait-and-see on Q.

It's not just about safety being replaceable. It's also about how the franchise tag is much more valuable for safeties (and tight ends)

If you franchise tagged Jamal in back to back years it would absolutely come out to less per year than he would get on a long term contract. While giving your team much more flexibility and control. I'm not suggesting you tag him back to back, but the money he will command on a long term deal is so much less attractive than utilizing the short term options available, BECAUSE he plays safety.

The highest paid safety currently gets 14 million a year. The franchise tag for safety is 11.5 million. Tagging back to back would be 13.8 million. Jamal would likely get more than Kevin Byard.

So yes extending him too soon is silly.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:09:57 PM by dcm1602 »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #602 on: October 30, 2019, 01:28:18 PM »
The football gods must read Jets message boards and say in unison "This is why you can't have nice things."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #603 on: October 30, 2019, 01:43:50 PM »
Taking back to back safeties was a dumb decision.  I don't know who claimed it was a good one.

Come on man, tons of people here defended it. “He’s a first round value!”

I was mad because I wanted Dalvin Cook, but I was more mad that we spent a high 2nd round pick on a safety after just having spent the 6th overall pick on a safety. We had needs at a ton of other positions.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #604 on: October 30, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »
Come on man, tons of people here defended it. “He’s a first round value!”

I was mad because I wanted Dalvin Cook, but I was more mad that we spent a high 2nd round pick on a safety after just having spent the 6th overall pick on a safety. We had needs at a ton of other positions.
If Leveon Bell can’t succeed with this trash O-line, Dalvin Cook would already be considered a bust. No running back can succeed when we put absolutely no value into our line besides signing a few mediocre veterans and using late draft picks to patch one together. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #605 on: October 30, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »
If Leveon Bell can’t succeed with this trash O-line, Dalvin Cook would already be considered a bust. No running back can succeed when we put absolutely no value into our line besides signing a few mediocre veterans and using late draft picks to patch one together. 

I agree with you in principle, but the Vikings had one of the worst OLines in the league last year... and then they invested in it.

They took an OT with their 2nd round pick in 2018 and a C #18 overall and a OG with their 4th rounder this year.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 02:19:22 PM by SixFeetDeep »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #606 on: October 30, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »
I agree with you in principle, but the Vikings had one of the worst OLines in the league last year... and then they invested in it.

They took an OT with their 2nd round pick in 2018 and a C #18 overall and a OG with their 4th rounder this year.
That’s my point. They picked o-line at premium spots in the draft while we continue to take projects and 6th rounders. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that right after we used 2 1st round picks on offensive linemen we were almost immediately a much better team.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #607 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »

And that’s what we will likely do next year with Le’Veon. I also wanted Dalvin, but we have a back that’s as good as he is.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #608 on: October 30, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Adams confirms what
@Realrclark25
 said about him wanting to play for the #Cowboys

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Jamal Adams on if he wants to be with #Jets long term or if he will ask for trade in offseason “I really don’t know”

Asked if he thinks Jets want him: “I don’t know”

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
“The Rams don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The #Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady.”

Jamal Adams says he has not talked to Joe Douglas. He doesn’t want to.

Said he found out Monday — despite what Douglas said — the #Jets were calling teams about him

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #609 on: October 30, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »
Adams is arrogant. Ryan Clark is really starting to pee me off.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #610 on: October 30, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Adams confirms what
@Realrclark25
 said about him wanting to play for the #Cowboys

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Jamal Adams on if he wants to be with #Jets long term or if he will ask for trade in offseason “I really don’t know”

Asked if he thinks Jets want him: “I don’t know”

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
“The Rams don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The #Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady.”

Jamal Adams says he has not talked to Joe Douglas. He doesn’t want to.

Said he found out Monday — despite what Douglas said — the #Jets were calling teams about him

Jamal is way too sensitive. Love the guy but he is so damn sensitive.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #611 on: October 30, 2019, 02:42:13 PM »
Tbh I don’t love him that much anymore. He’s being a pain in the derriere lately and he played like excrement a couple of games this season. We suck as an organization but his attitude is not helping anyone.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #612 on: October 30, 2019, 02:47:46 PM »
Not great

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #613 on: October 30, 2019, 02:57:39 PM »
Tbh I don’t love him that much anymore. He’s being a pain in the derriere lately and he played like excrement a couple of games this season. We suck as an organization but his attitude is not helping anyone.
Meh. I dont like reading and hearing this stuff either but I just view it as Jamal being sensitive and fed up with losing. He was fed up, then he realized he might get traded to a better situation and got excited. Now he didnt and hes back to being fed up.

I think this can blow over, but I could see Jamal being a pain wanting a new contract this offseason.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #614 on: October 30, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
Lmao at comparing oneself to Tom Brady or Aaron Donald.

There's self-assured confidence and delusion. He's rapidly falling on the latter side of that coin.

Still, nothing less than the package they want, or he stays. He has ZERO leverage.

Tags: