Author Topic: President Mal  (Read 102765 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: President Mal
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:09 AM »
Best player on this team.

And it's not even close.

Who would be the second-best? I can't even think of someone who rises that far above the rest of the pack to be the legitimate #2 player on this team.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
And it's not even close.

Who would be the second-best? I can't even think of someone who rises that far above the rest of the pack to be the legitimate #2 player on this team.
Kicker

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
Darron Lee has been awesome this year too
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
Kicker

Sadly, you're probably right. Both of them are better at their jobs than most of the rest of the team.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »
Kicker from Marist, where Italian Seafood played.

Yup.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
Darron Lee has been awesome this year too

Yeah, there's definitely a second tier of players. I'd add Enunwa, Williamson, Maye (when healthy), maybe even Claiborne. If we count ST, I'd add Myers, Edwards, Roberts, and Peake in that group too.

I just don't think any of them individually is significantly "better" than the rest of the group. Obviously, they're all different positions, so it's harder to compare but no one rises above everyone else in the way Adams does.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
Our kicker might be a pro bowler.  He should be.  Same with our punt returner.

Never thought we'd have a good shot at having 3 pro bowlers and be so bad.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »
#Jets⁠ ⁠ safety Jamal Adams on facing the Bills again after 41-10 loss last month: "Cut to the chase, man. It’s personal. They came in & they whupped us, man. They don’t like us. We don’t like them. So, it’s going to be a tough battle.”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
Yeah, there's definitely a second tier of players. I'd add Enunwa, Williamson, Maye (when healthy), maybe even Claiborne. If we count ST, I'd add Myers, Edwards, Roberts, and Peake in that group too.

I just don't think any of them individually is significantly "better" than the rest of the group. Obviously, they're all different positions, so it's harder to compare but no one rises above everyone else in the way Adams does.

I like Claiborne but he has been freaking rotten the last couple of games. Whiffed on so many plays.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:07 PM »
I like Claiborne but he has been freaking rotten the last couple of games. Whiffed on so many plays.

He stinks this year.

Skrine has actually been our best corner, but I hate him and he can freak off after this season. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2018, 02:22:01 PM »
I don't think Claiborne has been that bad. He's had some whiffs though.

Sadly, I agree Skrine has probably been the best corner (unless you grade on a curve and then I'd give it to Roberts who has played well above what I thought he could). But the entire secondary is garbage apart from Adams, and Maye whenever he's actually able to play.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2018, 09:33:39 PM »
season stats & ranks (among safeties, min. 375 snaps):

Overall grade- 88.3 (3rd)
Defensive stops- 35 (1st)
Passer rating when targeted- 53.6 (6th)
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #342 on: December 09, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »
It's a shame this season has dropped a excrement cloud over how good Adams is and will be.  If the Jets let this dude ever hit free agency...... I don't want to ever see him on another team.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
It's a shame this season has dropped a excrement cloud over how good Adams is and will be.  If the Jets let this dude ever hit free agency...... I don't want to ever see him on another team.

Not among true Jets fans who actually watch the games and have some semblance of knowledge. Adams is an animal. Half the time, I just focus on him. He's usually around the ball and he's always fun to watch.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
Not among true Jets fans who actually watch the games and have some semblance of knowledge. Adams is an animal. Half the time, I just focus on him. He's usually around the ball and he's always fun to watch.

Besides Darnold, he's the only guy on the entire field I'm paying any attention to beyond the person with the ball in his hand anymore.

Tags: