Author Topic: President Mal  (Read 102769 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: 1.6 Jamal Adams - S - LSU
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »
I'm starting to back off my initial displeasure of drafting two safeties in the first two rounds this year.

Adams puts himself near the ball almost every play and I have barely noticed Maye this season which is a good thing when you're talking about a rookie free safety.

The secondary is by far the most transformed unit from last year. Adams is everything he was billed as and more, come next season I think OCs are going to be specifically game planning for Jamal Adams and how to avoid him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2017, 05:27:34 PM »
The secondary is by far the most transformed unit from last year. Adams is everything he was billed as and more, come next season I think OCs are going to be specifically game planning for Jamal Adams and how to avoid him.

Morris Claiborne has actually been really, really good aside from a few ticky-tack penalties.

Buster Skrine is still awful, but he's been extremely dangerous as a blitzer. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
Morris Claiborne has actually been really, really good aside from a few ticky-tack penalties.

For all I was ready to ditch Rodgers this Spring, I think the defensive playcalling has been mostly excellent. I attributed a lot of the secondary's failings to him last season and I still don't think he was faultless, but it really looks like a lot of the problem was the faith that they placed in Revis to still be Revis. The speed of this defense is really impressive, we're still whiffing on tackles - all defenses do - but the difference this season is that if someone misses then there's pretty much always another defender backing them up, because they have the speed to be in the right place.

But yeah, Skrine can freak off.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
Glad you brought up Claiborne. He's a very solid CB when healthy, and for now, he's healthy.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:40 PM »
From the very little that I've seen and read during/about last season it looks like it is night and day in terms of how the secondary functions.

I never had a problem with either player themselves, just with the fact thatthe offense wasn't addressed until the third round.

I was very happy with the Claiborne signing when it was announced. Who was that nickle corner for the Ravens who had pretty much the same skill set as Skrine?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
For all I was ready to ditch Rodgers this Spring, I think the defensive playcalling has been mostly excellent. I attributed a lot of the secondary's failings to him last season and I still don't think he was faultless, but it really looks like a lot of the problem was the faith that they placed in Revis to still be Revis. The speed of this defense is really impressive, we're still whiffing on tackles - all defenses do - but the difference this season is that if someone misses then there's pretty much always another defender backing them up, because they have the speed to be in the right place.

But yeah, Skrine can freak off.

Revis was basically freelancing last season and Pryor killed us with missed assignments.  Getting rid of both of those players was huge for our pass defense.

Having a true commander at linebacker (Davis) and safety (Adams) helps eliminate a lot of mistakes too.  Adams jumped on Lee early in the game on one of Ivory's short gains because he made the wrong read.  I love that excrement.  Hold everyone accountable.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2017, 05:35:47 PM »
Daryl Roberts has also been really solid for us.  Hopefully his injury isn't serious.

Todd Bowles hates Burris.  He was screaming at him again for freaking up a substitution. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
Daryl Roberts has also been really solid for us.  Hopefully his injury isn't serious.

Todd Bowles hates Burris.  He was screaming at him again for freaking up a substitution.

which sucks because other than the mental errors , the kid can cover pretty well.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »
He couldn't cover Crabtree

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
He couldn't cover Crabtree

i missed that game. yes hes inconsistent. hes good enough to be a 4th CB on about any team though.

I'm more surprised with how well Claiborne has played. i guess he finally got it put together in DAL just couldnt stay healthy. if i ever have to see Skrine play outside CB again ill scream

Lets hope Daryl Roberts can settle in at #2.

is Claiborne on a 1 year deal?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »
i missed that game. yes hes inconsistent. hes good enough to be a 4th CB on about any team though.

I'm more surprised with how well Claiborne has played. i guess he finally got it put together in DAL just couldnt stay healthy. if i ever have to see Skrine play outside CB again ill scream

Lets hope Daryl Roberts can settle in at #2.

is Claiborne on a 1 year deal?

Yeah, Claiborne is a 1 year deal.  I'm not surprised he's playing well, I'm surprised he's playing and not injured. 

I think Roberts injured his hamstring, so who knows if he's playing this week. 

I think Burris does need to be the 3rd outside corner and still keep getting some playing time.  I think he'll improve, but it's clear he isn't ready to start yet.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2017, 03:54:32 PM »
@TheAdams_era: Woke up this morning so grateful. This game is way bigger than me but I just wanna say I appreciate everyone who has supported me. Keep trusting my process, I will continue to work my tail off on becoming one of the best!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
What a waste of a pick
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
Didn't he also say the other day he wants to redefine the position?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
Didn't he also say the other day he wants to redefine the position?

Through interpretive dance

Tags: