Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 499343 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #5040 on: July 06, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
Cancel culture strikes again.

A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5041 on: July 06, 2020, 09:45:36 AM »
Oddly enough, I don't think there's much left he can say to alienate anyone else left in his base.  He could come out and say the Confederate flag should be the new American flag and I don't think he'd lose any votes.  I don't know what he could say that would turn off his voters.  I think the voters that can be turned off by him are already gone.  The ones left will justify anything he does.

That being said, the election is a ways off and anything can happen.  Sure looks like Biden has it locked up, but I will never say never until it's over.  Biden's handlers have been very smart keeping him under wraps as much as possible.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:48:20 AM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5042 on: July 06, 2020, 11:23:34 AM »

Oddly enough, I don't think there's much left he can say to alienate anyone else left in his base.  He could come out and say the Confederate flag should be the new American flag and I don't think he'd lose any votes.  I don't know what he could say that would turn off his voters.  I think the voters that can be turned off by him are already gone.  The ones left will justify anything he does.

Overall I'd say this is accurate, at least more accurate than the libs trying to make an appeal to "decency", but let's not underestimate the portion of voters who are just going to vote against the Dems no matter what. So it's not entirely uncritical unwavering support of Trump as it is not caring about his flaws because they detest the alternative.

Trump definitely has a more genuine base of support than Biden, but he doesn't win without the "anybody but the Dem vote".

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5043 on: July 06, 2020, 12:02:43 PM »

Overall I'd say this is accurate, at least more accurate than the libs trying to make an appeal to "decency", but let's not underestimate the portion of voters who are just going to vote against the Dems no matter what. So it's not entirely uncritical unwavering support of Trump as it is not caring about his flaws because they detest the alternative.

Trump definitely has a more genuine base of support than Biden, but he doesn't win without the "anybody but the Dem vote".

An important segment of the population is the Republican segment that just won't vote at all because Trump is making their stomach turn, but can't vote for any democrat.  Those people are a sort-of win for democrats.  For them, that might be the best win they can get as opposed to fully converting voters.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5044 on: July 06, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »

An important segment of the population is the Republican segment that just won't vote at all because Trump is making their stomach turn, but can't vote for any democrat.  Those people are a sort-of win for democrats.  For them, that might be the best win they can get as opposed to fully converting voters.

The Dem consultant class is obsessed with these people and the entire Biden campaign is built around signaling to them.

The promise that "nothing will fundamentally change" except a few names and colors.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5045 on: July 06, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
Cancel culture strikes again.

Pretty funny seeing how he condemned it and labelled it a liberal on July 4th.

I also don't understand how promoting news organizations and books of people the pres is friends with is legal.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5046 on: July 06, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »

The Dem consultant class is obsessed with these people and the entire Biden campaign is built around signaling to them.

The promise that "nothing will fundamentally change" except a few names and colors.
As much as I don't want Biden to being president, I think many republicans will have an easier time swallowing the JB pill than any of the other candidates.

It wasn't the safest option to avoiding another 4 years of Trump.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5047 on: July 06, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

As much as I don't want Biden to being president, I think many republicans will have an easier time swallowing the JB pill than any of the other candidates.

It wasn't the safest option to avoiding another 4 years of Trump.

Given the current situation any of the top 5 dems would be leading Trump right now. There are other groups of winnable eligible voters besides soft conservatives. The people who made Biden nominee don't get to hide behind some air of wise caution.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5049 on: July 06, 2020, 02:05:59 PM »

We're going to beat Donald Trump. And when we do, we won't just rebuild this nation — we'll transform it.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1279928045093228545

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5050 on: July 07, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5051 on: July 08, 2020, 06:27:01 AM »
Mary Trump says her uncle is a sociopath, suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as well as a long undiagnosed learning disability.

Also: Mary Trump holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.

Dang, no way, Ive thought he was really smart and normal for a long time now
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5052 on: July 08, 2020, 12:01:41 PM »

What the freak is this clown doing
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5053 on: July 08, 2020, 12:06:51 PM »
Cadet Draft Dodger is stamping his foot again.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5054 on: July 09, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »
Trump v. Vance: SCOTUS rules subpoenas to a sitting president do not have to meet a higher standard. It looks like Kavanaugh and Gorsuch both ruled against Trump.

EDIT: Opinion has been posted. Thomas and Alito both wrote separate dissenting opinions. Chief Justice Roberts delivered the opinion.

SCOTUS Blog
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:22:45 AM by CatoTheElder »