Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 11881 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: March Madness
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »
Thank god this garbage is over.

How can you dislike March Madness?  I get how people can hate the NBA, but I'll never understand the hate for college basketball. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »
How can you dislike March Madness?  I get how people can hate the NBA, but I'll never understand the hate for college basketball. 

I hate the NBA but love March Madness. I don't watch College Basketball outside of it though. The unpredictability is great. Those final four games really sucked though.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »

How can you not like Banshee?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2016, 03:18:50 PM »
How can you not like Banshee?

Easy, he isn't gay.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »
Easy, he isn't gay.

Awesome I didn't know you're a big fan of Banshee.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »

I'm ambivalent about March Madness. Obviously the good games are the fun part, but I have trouble pretending to give a excrement about Stephen F. Austin State and South Central Florida International Tech.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »
Apparently, if you bet $100 on the Syracuse women to win over UCONN tonight, that would make $4000. Meanwhile if you bet $10,000 on UCONN, you would make $100.

I believe the line was UCONN -24
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:48:53 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2016, 09:48:01 PM »

I don't understand hating on it, but I don't enjoy college basketball.  I did when I was in school, but that gradually disappeared.  There are too many stoppages for my tastes.  I don't like the way that it alternates between that quick pace in which scoring and leads change too quickly and the monotonous drag of a could heavy end crawl.  I don't hate it, but I have no desire to watch any games.  I didn't watch any this year and don't feel like I missed anything in the slightest.  To each his own.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »
I really enjoy the NBA but I can't get into college basketball. I suspect it's for the same reason that I can't get into college football the way I love the NFL - the turnover of players and the difference in playing styles makes it so hard to follow unless your an alumnus or a devotee. I want to get into it but it's so difficult.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
While I like pretty much every sport, Villanova basketball and Jets football are my 2 favorites by far. The only thing that would compare to a Jets Super Bowl is a Villanova championship. And we won on a buzzer-beater. That was unbelievable.