Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick Saga  (Read 67763 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Colin Kaepernick Saga
« Reply #510 on: November 17, 2019, 08:49:14 AM »
He wants TV cameras around, he doesn't want to play, he'll expose himself. If he tries to play he's going to suck and blow up his whole martyr gig.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #511 on: November 17, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
He's certainly talented enough to play in the NFL.  I don't think that workout proved much other than he isn't too out of shape and can still throw a football forward. 

In my opinion, his best option is to go to a Seattle or Baltimore type as a no doubt backup and be a very good insurance policy for a playoff team.  If it works out, he could net them a good comp pick if he leaves next year.

There are a lot of teams where he isn't worth the attention that comes along with him.  Teams where he could legitimately start at QB this year probably aren't interested in winning anyway. I wouldn't want the Jets to sign him.  We have our QB, we have the NY media and don't need more drama.  It shouldn't be that way, but it's reality.

I didn't realize he was already 32.  Don't know why I thought he was still 28 or so.  Probably doesn't matter much.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:10:07 AM by bojanglesman »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2019, 09:17:44 AM »
I wonder if they had him run the victory formation

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2019, 09:25:10 AM »
I wonder if they had him run the victory formation
The Jets worked him out privately by having him scramble in fear for his life for 15 minutes straight.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #514 on: November 17, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »
Yeah, everybody knows if you say something critical about police you lose 30% arm strength. It's science.

Dudes 32 and hasn't been a part of a football team in. 3 years

I find it hard to believe he hasn't lost anything on his throw

For some bizarre reason they still have the Jets having a 55% of having a top 5 pick.

Presumably they think the Jets iell only win 1 game against the Bengals Raiders dolphins redskins and Steelers and lose to the bills and Ravens.

Though I guess having a top 5 pick with 4 wins is possible?

But I find it fairly difficult to see this team not hitting 5 wins
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:17:44 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #515 on: November 17, 2019, 11:26:55 AM »
To simplify it, the question is whether NFL owners are wrong for making a business decision not to sign him.  I think he's good enough to play in the NFL and its smart for owners to decide the pros aren't worth the cons.  Both can be true.

In a perfect world, a team would step up and give him a shot.  In that same perfect world, he would compromise on things unrelated to his social issues so a team would be willing to deal with the off the field drama.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #516 on: November 22, 2019, 05:34:50 AM »
To simplify it, the question is whether NFL owners are wrong for making a business decision not to sign him.  I think he's good enough to play in the NFL and its smart for owners to decide the pros aren't worth the cons.  Both can be true.

In a perfect world, a team would step up and give him a shot.  In that same perfect world, he would compromise on things unrelated to his social issues so a team would be willing to deal with the off the field drama.

While the social issues is definitely a factor for many if not all the teams signing him. Kaep simply doesn't want to play. This latest incident is pretty clear evidence of that. Dude will make more money and bring more attention to his cause continuing to stir up controversy rather than sign with some team to be their backup

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #517 on: November 22, 2019, 12:11:01 PM »
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

6:01 PM - Nov 16, 2019

Sounds a little fishy
I love how you live in your own reality where the narrative has already been created and anything that goes against it must be false or a conspiracy

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #518 on: November 22, 2019, 02:13:57 PM »
I love how you live in your own reality where the narrative has already been created and anything that goes against it must be false or a conspiracy

I mean you're more than entitled to your opinion that he does want to play. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanationfor him deciding not to do his workout in front of the numerous decision makers who came to watch his workout in a state of the art nfl facility and instead change it last second and do it at a high school instead while leaving out the numerous evaluators that came to see him

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2019, 09:02:38 AM »
Colin Kaepernick (in his mind, which he thinks is the biggest in the room which in reality is one of the smallest (see: Richard Sherman)) wants to be this era’s Martin Luther King Jr. without actually being oppressed or doing the work in earnest. He’ll occasionally pretend to give a excrement or do a nice gesture but will make sure cameras are present.

There is actually a term for Colin Kaepernick. It’s “attention whore”.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »
Colin Kaepernick (in his mind, which he thinks is the biggest in the room which in reality is one of the smallest (see: Richard Sherman)) wants to be this era’s Martin Luther King Jr. without actually being oppressed or doing the work in earnest. He’ll occasionally pretend to give a excrement or do a nice gesture but will make sure cameras are present.

There is actually a term for Colin Kaepernick. It’s “attention whore”.
ok boomer

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html

A reminder that him and his entourage pissed away the best opportunity he was going to have.

Anyway, I'm struggling to find out why, as the owner of an NFL franchise I'd sign a player I hope never takes a snap given all of the baggage and bullshit. Especially given the fact that this guy is literally acting like an obstinate prick during what was essentially a job interview.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2019, 11:29:40 AM »
ok boomer
I should also add that people who support/believe him probably also subscribe to the idea that the election was ‘hacked’ because Russian dudes posted some memes on Facebook

Imagine actually being that stupid

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #523 on: November 23, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html

A reminder that him and his entourage pissed away the best opportunity he was going to have.

Anyway, I'm struggling to find out why, as the owner of an NFL franchise I'd sign a player I hope never takes a snap given all of the baggage and bullshit. Especially given the fact that this guy is literally acting like an obstinate prick during what was essentially a job interview.

With reports coming out that Nike is releasing a Kaepenerick sneaker next month and he debuted them at his workout, I'd say this is further evidence he realizes he will get more $$$ and publicity stirring his own pot.

Him getting a backup job is basically the worst career move for him.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #524 on: November 23, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »
I should also add that people who support/believe him probably also subscribe to the idea that the election was ‘hacked’ because Russian dudes posted some memes on Facebook

Imagine actually being that stupid
Lol. Those are two different things but if you dont think false advertising has an impact on public perception I have a bridge to sell you

Tags: