Author Topic: Week 2 MVP  (Read 3218 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: MVP of the game (Week 2)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 07:20:52 AM »
Not a player but Chan Gailey running the offense so far has been brilliant compared to what we have seen over the years. No crazy trick play in the middle of a good drive or anything like that. Got a bit too conservative for my taste but turned it right back on when we needed a score. Not used to seeing my team run an effective offense.

I think Bowles is the conservative one.  They were trying to keep it away from Luck. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 08:13:29 AM »
I think Bowles is the conservative one.  They were trying to keep it away from Luck.

And they were probably right, although with Indy's corners all out, we might have won it even more easily if they took the reins out earlier.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
And they were probably right, although with Indy's corners all out, we might have won it even more easily if they took the reins out earlier.

They couldn't stop the slants and all the other short routes. I get they had to stretch the field but they really didn't work the interior of the defense enough. The Colts stacked the line and put a safety high. The entire middle was open, it was crazy. Maybe the staff doesn't have as much confidence in the #3 or 4 wr's.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:21:56 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »

It makes sense and ended up working perfectly. I would have preferred them trying to get another touchdown before the half and then go conservative but i'm not complaining about how they did it.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Not a player but Chan Gailey running the offense so far has been brilliant compared to what we have seen over the years. No crazy trick play in the middle of a good drive or anything like that. Got a bit too conservative for my taste but turned it right back on when we needed a score. Not used to seeing my team run an effective offense.

Overall I'm very pleased with the offense. I don't understand what happened at the end of the 2nd quarter and the entirety of the 3rd. We need to have a killer instinct. If we scored at the end of the 2nd I think this game would have been much different.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »
It's really hard for Jets fans after the past few years to ever think we have sealed a win.  We could be up 30 with 5 minutes left and still be doing all the permutations in our head on how we could blow the lead.  Bowles will stick to the game plan and not get too risky if we have the lead.  The Jets were going to keep trying the run last night to keep the pass options open and to run the clock down.  It got a little scary when it was 10-7, but you want a coach with a cool head in those situations, not someone who will change everything when they panic.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 09:05:15 AM »
It's really hard for Jets fans after the past few years to ever think we have sealed a win.  We could be up 30 with 5 minutes left and still be doing all the permutations in our head on how we could blow the lead.  Bowles will stick to the game plan and not get too risky if we have the lead.  The Jets were going to keep trying the run last night to keep the pass options open and to run the clock down.  It got a little scary when it was 10-7, but you want a coach with a cool head in those situations, not someone who will change everything when they panic.

I wasn't worried last night. This particular team has a different feel. It's only 2 games but this team is the feels well coached and disciplined. Odd to say for a Jets team it's been so long.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »
2 more games, then:

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 09:13:44 AM »
2 more games, then:

Isn't he going to court before the suspension is up? I don't see him escaping that situation without another suspension.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »
Isn't he going to court before the suspension is up? I don't see him escaping that situation without another suspension.

I've already assumed that we won't see him this season, and anything we do get from him this year will be a bonus. The Leonard Williams pick is looking inspired.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »

His court date is the week he is allowed back to practice.  I don't know if the NFL will come up with a punishment before he's back on the field.  As a non-lawyer myself, I have no idea if he'll be able to get another court date delay/continuance/whatever it's called. 

I'm 100% sure he'll miss more games, I just don't know when.  I think it's possible he may come back for a few games and then go away for a few more games again.  It might all get put off until next season.  Maybe they have the punishment already waiting on the official court outcome and can drop it on him the next day.  They have to wait and see if he is guilty or not because that may affect the number of games he gets.  He's getting something regardless of the court outcome.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:31:08 AM by bojanglesman »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »

Eh, Fitz does not have a great deep ball.  I've seen a lot of those passes that were hitting the turf 5 yards away from the nearest player get picked off in years past.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 11:36:03 AM »
Lol Quigley hate? He's one or the better okes we've had in a while

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Hopefully Devin Smith opens up the deep ball for Fitzpatrick.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
It's his biggest weakness . But someone to get 1 on 1s like Smith would be ideal other than relying on play actions to get us open looks

If Enunwa or Owusu continue to develop we can at least spread the field more effectively even if we're just doing short n intermediate .

A healthy Decker would alleviate Alot of the long term worries

Tags: