Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365686 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2805 on: September 10, 2020, 09:46:25 AM »
I need an Earthbound game for Switch
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2806 on: September 10, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »

And Metroid
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2807 on: September 10, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2808 on: September 10, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »
Has anyone played the Donkey Kong game?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2809 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
I've been playing Fallen Order for two weeks and if it wasn't a Star Wars game I would have quit much earlier.

There have been so many times that I've ran into an open area only to have an enemy load in behind me halfway through it's attack animation. My character's geometry also appears to become detached from the animation, I've fallen to my death on wall runs because he refuses to jump when I hit it. I'm surprised it was so highly reviewed. Maybe it's just the PS4 edition that's experiencing these things.

The save system is an issue for me, too. If I decide I don't want to continue after a cut scene that occurs after taking off from a planet to hit the next part of the story line, I shouldn't have to start over at the last meditation circle on the previous planet.

I wound up trading that excrement in for the reasons you described. The map/direction gauge or lackthereof pissed me off as well.

I've decided to get a Switch for the family this Xmas. Trying to pick up things here and there between now and then.

Right now the plan is to start with Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Kart. Also getting 2 pro controllers. Open to thoughts and suggestions on controllers, leaning towards getting the name brand but I'd be open to a cheaper 3rd party controller if it's recommended.

Nice! Definitely get at least 1 pro controller, I went with the name brand as well. If distance/wireless isn't an issue you can get an officially licensed wired pro controller for a little cheaper-those only plug in one at a time.

I started playing it again. Well worth it.

Apparently BOTW 2 got delayed a bit because the map they’re building is fecking Yuge.

I picked it up for the first time in like two years and started playing it again recently. Amazing game.

I'm doing the switch online account strictly for all the old games that come with it.  Tecmo Bowl, All the original super mario brothers, Punchout, etc.

They just dropped Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES app on switch. They may as well have made their mini-SNES they came out with two years ago to be useless.

Yes. I wouldn't mind an updated StarFox or PunchOut either.

Tropical Freeze?

I picked it up for my wife since she rather enjoys her switch lite, and she loved it so when she was done I gave it a shot.  It's a very fun, surprisingly challenging platformer.

I've passed on getting Madden this year for the first time in about 20 years (the stagnancy of the franchise mode and this being a console changeover year which is historically their worst outings made me say freak this), so I've been playing the excrement out of PGA 2K21. Love it. So much fun. That and Fall Guys will get me to next friday when I pick up Super Mario 3d all-stars and give Super Mario Sunshine a turn for the first time.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2810 on: September 10, 2020, 11:11:21 AM »

I'm a fan.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2811 on: September 14, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »
Dragon Ball FighterZ is on sale for $10 on the PS store. Very much worth it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2812 on: September 14, 2020, 01:21:49 PM »
i spent 500 on a switch and another set of controllers, another 300 on games. my kids dont care anymore after begging for them all quarantine. been sitting for a month. i decide to play botw for the first time and suddenly the switch is the best thing since sliced bread.

freaking assholes

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2813 on: September 14, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »
i spent 500 on a switch and another set of controllers, another 300 on games. my kids dont care anymore after begging for them all quarantine. been sitting for a month. i decide to play botw for the first time and suddenly the switch is the best thing since sliced bread.

freaking assholes

I talked about playing Zelda all damn day on Saturday when we were painting the last room in our house.  I went to the grocery store to get some stuff for dinner only to get home to see my pizza playing Overcooked.  So instead of Zelda, we just got pissed at each other over and over again while playing that piece of excrement game.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2814 on: September 16, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »
PS5 preorders are up.

Of course I'd go to gamestop for something totally unrelated an hour after the PS5 conference and before they start allowing pre-orders, but I was able to nab one on target.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2815 on: September 16, 2020, 07:23:39 PM »
PS5 preorders are up.

Of course I'd go to gamestop for something totally unrelated an hour after the PS5 conference and before they start allowing pre-orders, but I was able to nab one on target.

Where did you see it? Just Target? I have a excrement ton of gift cards to Amazon so I'm hoping to scoop one up there.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2816 on: September 16, 2020, 08:00:27 PM »
All pre-orders sold out already.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2817 on: September 16, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »
Where did you see it? Just Target? I have a excrement ton of gift cards to Amazon so I'm hoping to scoop one up there.

I saw them. on target.com. I know that the websites are extremely glitchy-initially it told me it was unavailable, out of anger i kept mashing the purchase button and it went through. I heard this might work on Best Buy as well. Gamestop's site has been super slow.

Supposedly amazon goes live at midnight.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2818 on: September 16, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
I saw them. on target.com. I know that the websites are extremely glitchy-initially it told me it was unavailable, out of anger i kept mashing the purchase button and it went through. I heard this might work on Best Buy as well. Gamestop's site has been super slow.

Supposedly amazon goes live at midnight.

Guess i'll be staying up till midnight then
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2819 on: September 16, 2020, 08:31:24 PM »
Not buying one untils HZD2 is announced. I really don't want a new console but that would tip the scale for me.
A cross-dressing limey poofter