Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365691 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2790 on: August 14, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
My son loves Minecraft and wants me to play it with him.  It's the worst excrement ever. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2791 on: August 15, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
My son loves Minecraft and wants me to play it with him.  It's the worst excrement ever.
I went thru this with my daughter. Dark times, my friend.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2792 on: August 15, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »
I went thru this with my daughter. Dark times, my friend.
I keep asking him if the diamonds are real and if you can get money for them in real life, just to pee him off.

He likes Pokémon too, which is just as bad.   

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2793 on: August 15, 2020, 08:50:08 AM »
I keep asking him if the diamonds are real and if you can get money for them in real life, just to pee him off.
I can’t reminisce about it....I just...can’t
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2794 on: August 15, 2020, 12:40:56 PM »

Could always try to play minecraft dungeons with him and see if that gets you off the hook. Still not a good game but it's a less terrible experience than regular ole minecraft

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2795 on: September 10, 2020, 07:48:03 AM »
My son's been playing Last of Us 2 since release day. That game is crazy.

I've been playing Jedi Fallen Order for a few weeks now. The gameplay is really good. So far, the story is average. I like Cameron Monaghan as the protagonist. Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Except trying to follow the map. The map is garbage.

I've been playing Fallen Order for two weeks and if it wasn't a Star Wars game I would have quit much earlier.

There have been so many times that I've ran into an open area only to have an enemy load in behind me halfway through it's attack animation. My character's geometry also appears to become detached from the animation, I've fallen to my death on wall runs because he refuses to jump when I hit it. I'm surprised it was so highly reviewed. Maybe it's just the PS4 edition that's experiencing these things.

The save system is an issue for me, too. If I decide I don't want to continue after a cut scene that occurs after taking off from a planet to hit the next part of the story line, I shouldn't have to start over at the last meditation circle on the previous planet.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2796 on: September 10, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
I made my son cry because he can't beat me at Tecmo Bowl.  He thought he could beat me with Bo Jackson.  Enter Bears defense.....

I'd be so much smarter if I didn't spend so much time ownin' bitches in the 80s on Tecmo Bowl.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:09:15 AM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2797 on: September 10, 2020, 08:35:27 AM »
They’re releasing the remake of the 3 N64 Super Mario 3D games on Switch Sept 18th.

Only thing I’ve been playing is Link’s Awakening on Switch but haven’t had time to game lately.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2798 on: September 10, 2020, 08:57:08 AM »
super mario 64 is one of my favorite games ever

i don't think about it much but i actually did have a lot of fun playing super mario sunshine

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2799 on: September 10, 2020, 09:01:30 AM »
I need to start playing Breath of the Wild again
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2800 on: September 10, 2020, 09:28:50 AM »
I've decided to get a Switch for the family this Xmas. Trying to pick up things here and there between now and then.

Right now the plan is to start with Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Kart. Also getting 2 pro controllers. Open to thoughts and suggestions on controllers, leaning towards getting the name brand but I'd be open to a cheaper 3rd party controller if it's recommended.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2801 on: September 10, 2020, 09:34:32 AM »
I've decided to get a Switch for the family this Xmas. Trying to pick up things here and there between now and then.

Right now the plan is to start with Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Mario Kart. Also getting 2 pro controllers. Open to thoughts and suggestions on controllers, leaning towards getting the name brand but I'd be open to a cheaper 3rd party controller if it's recommended.

We got a bundle that came with two pro controllers.  Not sure about any others. 

Your kids would probably like Link's Awakening a lot more than Breath of the Wind.  BOTW is pretty difficult.  Smash Bros and Mario Kart will be awesome for everyone.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2802 on: September 10, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »
I need to start playing Breath of the Wild again

I started playing it again. Well worth it.

Apparently BOTW 2 got delayed a bit because the map they’re building is fecking Yuge.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2803 on: September 10, 2020, 09:43:02 AM »

I don’t have any pro controllers. I think they’re well worth it though. Using the regular controllers for Mario cart cramps the excrement out of your hand. Should be fine for kids tho. The controller isn’t that bad when you have to use both of them and they lock into the fixture they provide with the system to mimic a regular style controller.

All the games you mentioned are elite. I would also consider Mario Party and Mario Tennis if you see a deal.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2804 on: September 10, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »

I'm doing the switch online account strictly for all the old games that come with it.  Tecmo Bowl, All the original super mario brothers, Punchout, etc.