Author Topic: Week 2: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts  (Read 16968 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: Week 2: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »
T.Y. Hilton probably misses this game.  that's huge.

I think our defense will give their offensive line problems. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
Dick: Jets G Oday Aboushi is eligible to rejoin the roster, as his 1-game suspension is over. They'd have to create a spot. Cro to IR? #nyj

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
@SethWalderNYDN: Bowles said he'll see how Devin Smith is in practice before deciding if he'll be available vs. Colts.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 03:26:45 PM »
I wonder who gets the roster boot for Aboushi now that Cro is OK.  Or maybe Aboushi gets cut himself.  My bets are Qvale or one of the deeper d-linemen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:28:22 PM by bojanglesman »

Matt4776

• Eric Smith
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
So if Hilton misses the game, who covers who? Andre Johnson looked terrible. Do we stick Revis on Moncrief, Williams/Cromartie on Johnson, and Skrine on Dorsett?

I worry more about Allen/Fleener to be honest.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »
So if Hilton misses the game, who covers who? Andre Johnson looked terrible. Do we stick Revis on Moncrief, Williams/Cromartie on Johnson, and Skrine on Dorsett?

I worry more about Allen/Fleener to be honest.

I don't think they can use the same game plan of backing off. Luck will pick em apart.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »
I don't think they can use the same game plan of backing off. Luck will pick em apart.

Although the Colts OL looks pretty awful

I would imagine we could get massive pressure without sending the house.

Wilkerson, Williams should feast.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
I think dominating TOP will also be crucial. Their run D is atrocious so I'd expect a lot of play on the ground. It doesn't matter if they know what we're planning to do if there's nothing they can do about it. Also, I'm not sure I want Fitz taking on Vontae Davis too often, that dude is freaking good.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
Doesn't having a weak LBs corp somewhat negate our strength at the defensive front? What good is a pass rush against a weak OL if they can just dump off all day?
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
Doesn't having a weak LBs corp somewhat negate our strength at the defensive front? What good is a pass rush against a weak OL if they can just dump off all day?

Honestly, I'm not as down on our LBs as many seem to be. Harris and Davies are a solid core, Pace is old and slow but he's smart and experienced so he doesn't make too many glaring errors, Coples isn't living up to his draft position but he's athletic and capable of producing at times, and Reilly shows promise. It's not an elite unit but with the amount of blocking the line takes up, it's serviceable.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »

Against run heavy teams we will be fine. Against Indy and some other teams like the Pats it's going to be tough with slow linebackers. It all depends how the front 4 perform. The secondary is going to be good. With Allen out Iam not sure how they're going to handle a dude like Gronk, lol having Davis/Harris/Pace or any other LB on him.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
Against run heavy teams we will be fine. Against Indy and some other teams like the Pats it's going to be tough with slow linebackers. It all depends how the front 4 perform. The secondary is going to be good. With Allen out Iam not sure how they're going to handle a dude like Gronk, lol having Davis/Harris/Pace or any other LB on him.

They could start by watching game film from Thursday night. That would be a good start.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »
They could start by watching game film from Thursday night. That would be a good start.

Wow excellent analysis JE. Thank you.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »
Wow excellent analysis JE. Thank you.

You're welcome. I don't know if you watched the game, but it was an object lesson in how not to cover Gronkowski. Slow linebackers lined up on him out wide? Give me a freaking break. Dick LeBeau must have been laughing his funbags off.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
You're welcome. I don't know if you watched the game, but it was an object lesson in how not to cover Gronkowski. Slow linebackers lined up on him out wide? Give me a freaking break. Dick LeBeau must have been laughing his funbags off.

Oh sorry thought you were being a wiseass, I apologize. Well I am 100 % sure you were, but you actually have a great point. Allen actually did an admirable job against Gronk last year. I think one year Rex had Revis cover Gronk. My point was really I am not sure how Bowles and staff will try and neutralize him as we don't know his tendencies yet. I am pretty sure they're not going to go the LB route.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 06:01:20 PM by Miamipuck »

Tags: