Author Topic: Week 1 MVP  (Read 9485 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: MVP of the game
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
I don't like seeing it with the kind of talent we have in Revis, but I understand why Bowles went that way.

After they took away the run, he knew Cleveland would have to win by having Manziel pass the ball.  They gave up the dink and dunk game and limited big plays.  It was a solid strategy that obviously worked out.

Especially as the game got later and the lead got bigger.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
I mentioned to a few people that the game plan was almost a pre season game plan. I honestly think he kept it too simple for a bit, it really was Vanilla. I might be wrong but they didn't blitz like crazy, something Bowles was known for. I can tell you Indy is going to look at the tape and still not be able to tell what the hell they're going to be up against Monday night.

This is probably a good thing, break out the exotic blitzes/coverages the next couple weeks against Indy and Philly.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »
This is probably a good thing, break out the exotic blitzes/coverages the next couple weeks against Indy and Philly.

Yeah I can't help but think it's a good thing. There's still no tape unless they go back to last year in Arizona.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2015, 03:01:44 PM »
I mentioned to a few people that the game plan was almost a pre season game plan. I honestly think he kept it too simple for a bit, it really was Vanilla. I might be wrong but they didn't blitz like crazy, something Bowles was known for. I can tell you Indy is going to look at the tape and still not be able to tell what the hell they're going to be up against Monday night.

Is it possible that we significantly cut back on the blitzing because of Manziel's massive athleticism ?

Or maybe because we felt the Browns were no match for us, and wanted to save our good stuff for a real nfl team.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
Is it possible that we significantly cut back on the blitzing because of Manziel's massive athleticism ?

Or maybe because we felt the Browns were no match for us, and wanted to save our good stuff for a real nfl team.

You play the game you're in. If there was a need to blitz and attack that way then we would have. Starting with the 2nd half the Jets turned it on and ran away with the game.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »

I was keeping a close eye on Coples and he did nothing from a pass rush perspective.  I'm really hoping he was just focusing on holding the edge and collapsing the pocket due to Manziel's athleticism

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »
I was keeping a close eye on Coples and he did nothing from a pass rush perspective.  I'm really hoping he was just focusing on holding the edge and collapsing the pocket due to Manziel's athleticism

He had three hurries and a hit on the quarterback.  Still need to find a better pass rusher though. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2015, 11:16:39 PM »
MVP was Willie Colon - no penalties

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
My MVP was Rex Ryan.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2015, 06:35:34 AM »
My MVP was Rex Ryan.

He gave Terry Pegula the game ball in the locker room after week 1 because "he had the guns to hire me."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:19:45 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2015, 12:07:55 PM »
He had three hurries and a hit on the quarterback.  Still need to find a better pass rusher though. 

I had hopes for him this year. Especially once I saw vets saying this looked like it was going to be his year. Again, it's been very vanilla so far, but I haven't seen anything stand out with him yet that tells me he's going to make the leap we need to see.

MVP was Willie Colon - no penalties

Jokes aside, that brings up a good point. The OL was really good and didn't ruin drives with penalties. That's a big improvement over last year.

He game Terry Pegula the game ball in the locker room after week 1 because "he had the guns to hire me."

Didn't he pull that excrement with Woody too? Rex Ryan is a caricature of Rex Ryan.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »
He game Terry Pegula the game ball in the locker room after week 1 because "he had the guns to hire me."
And with that, Rex just added an extra 2 years on his contract.

Say what you want about Rex, but he knows how to pander to his owner and to his fanbase. I definitely enjoyed his reign as Jets coach, but I'm glad we got Bowles.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
For one half last night I wondered whether Atlanta hadn't done even better by getting Dan Quinn, but then they remembered how to be the Falcons and gave up bothering with defense.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
For one half last night I wondered whether Atlanta hadn't done even better by getting Dan Quinn, but then they remembered how to be the Falcons and gave up bothering with defense.

They did look a lot better than last year and didn't really add any impact players that I can think of off the top of my head other than Vic Beasley.

Tags: