Author Topic: Week 1 MVP  (Read 9486 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
MVP of the game
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 07:41:04 PM »
It looked like a good challenge from the stands, until a certain replay angle that wasn't shown until after it was thrown.

I give zero shits about it.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: MVP of the game
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 04:09:31 AM »
Ik Enemkpali
+1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »
1.Marshall (the TD on Haden and the strip after INT. The strip is one of the most badass plays, and the one turning point in the game that shifted momentum.)

2.Defense (this game almost got away early on. Rex Ryan always gave us total yardage defense. We were anemic in turnovers. We feasted yesterday) this is a sign of a better coaching staff we've had in years

3.Fitzpatrick.  he had 3 or 4 bad throws all game. And yes he's a game manager , but playing within his role is an accomplishment in itself. Also, when he missed the shotgun snap thst almost went in our end zone, he muscled the recovery away from a DL. Another huge momentum swing

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 06:56:14 AM »
Ik Enemkpali
<----------------------------------------------

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
Marshall was my MVP.  that strip after the INT was the play of the game. 

I think the 2 biggest plays were the Marshall strip after the INT and Fitz recovering that botched snap- I have no idea how he got that ball back.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »
Marshall was my MVP.  that strip after the INT was the play of the game. 

I think the 2 biggest plays were the Marshall strip after the INT and Fitz recovering that botched snap- I have no idea how he got that ball back.

The beard gave him power to strip it from the DL

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
1.Marshall (the TD on Haden and the strip after INT. The strip is one of the most badass plays, and the one turning point in the game that shifted momentum.)

2.Defense (this game almost got away early on. Rex Ryan always gave us total yardage defense. We were anemic in turnovers. We feasted yesterday) this is a sign of a better coaching staff we've had in years

3.Fitzpatrick.  he had 3 or 4 bad throws all game. And yes he's a game manager , but playing within his role is an accomplishment in itself. Also, when he missed the shotgun snap thst almost went in our end zone, he muscled the recovery away from a DL. Another huge momentum swing

You don't say? lmao

I was pleasantly surprised with the staff. They worked some kinks out and coached an exemplary game. Whether it's perception or reality it seems they made some great adjustments and the Jets flat out hammered Cleveland in the back end of that game.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »
He had a pick plus that massive fumble.

Plus he could have thrown eight interceptions and they could have lost by 40 pts. But they didn't.
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »
Bowles 0-1 in challenges, fire his derriere already

MASSIVE CHALLENGE.
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
From a Belichick/Kraft/Brady ball licker:

6. I think anyone who likes coaches—especially those who rise through the ranks the right way, and who know how to overcome shortcomings by making smart personnel moves and not excuses—should be happy for the performance of the Jets on Sunday. That was a Todd Bowles game the Jets played. Opportunistic and heady and hard-working. The strip by Brandon Marshall that prevented Cleveland from having the chance to go up 14-0 early was huge, and plays like that are not only a tribute to the hustle of Marshall, but to the hustle and preparedness drilled by Bowles.

I likey.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

WD40

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:12 AM »
Trying to remember, but when I watched McCown lose the fumble in the end zone on TV, it looked like #25 Calvin Pryor was the big hitter?  Am I on crack? 

Maybe I'm not!  Image below shows Pryor right after hit McCown.  I say hit - it's not like he flat out highlight reel nailed him ... but he was absolutely in the right place at the right time to potentially knock the ball out.

So for me, Calvin Pryor has to be #1 or #2 for MVP of this game as Manziel was awful in relief, his one TD notwithstanding.  THe other candidate for MVP being obviously Brandon Marshall.  freak yeah.

Anyway, image attached post hit, and the Vine (always fun to watch) is at: http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-QB-Josh-McCown-fumbles-flies-into-end-zone-39409221

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Trying to remember, but when I watched McCown lose the fumble in the end zone on TV, it looked like #25 Calvin Pryor was the big hitter?  Am I on crack? 

Maybe I'm not!  Image below shows Pryor right after hit McCown.  I say hit - it's not like he flat out highlight reel nailed him ... but he was absolutely in the right place at the right time to potentially knock the ball out.

So for me, Calvin Pryor has to be #1 or #2 for MVP of this game as Manziel was awful in relief, his one TD notwithstanding.  THe other candidate for MVP being obviously Brandon Marshall.  freak yeah.

Anyway, image attached post hit, and the Vine (always fun to watch) is at: http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Browns-QB-Josh-McCown-fumbles-flies-into-end-zone-39409221

Yes Pryor made the hit.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »
Fitz for being an actual QB.

Marshall for being a #1 WR

Defense for creating turnovers, because I was forgetting what they looked like.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:34 AM »

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:28 AM »

Tags: